Chapter 21

School 2015: Just an Option
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weather today is really nice making it perfect for a stroll on the street but instead, Eun Bi is busy helping her mom to look after their shop though her mother already made it clear that there is no need to.

Sometimes, Mrs. Go couldn’t help but to think that the reason why Eun Bi is doing that, is because until now, the young girl still feels like she needed to repay the kindness she is receiving, that her being adopted to the family needs to be somehow paid by her hard work.

With no other choice Mrs. Go just let Eun Bi do what she wants for the young girl’s peace of mind, but she never failed to remind the girl that they are family now.

Eun Bi was busy arranging one of the stands on the shop when she heard a familiar voice behind her and when she turned to look around, she saw the only person who calls her “Sunbae”.

“Joy…??” Eun Bi called in half confusion and surprised.

“Sunbae… what are you doing here?” Joy asked with a bright and friendly smile.

“Oh… I help my mom watch after the shop…” Eun Bi answered as well not forgetting to give the young girl a friendly smile as well.

“AH!!!” Joy said as if she had expected it already. “I remember now… Tae Kwang oppa once said that you help your mom on the shop… So this is your Mom’s shop…” Joy said and momentarily lets her eyes wander inside the shop.

“Tae Kwang told you?” Eun Bi asked with a slight frown she was surprised to know that Tae Kwang even shares that kind of information to this hoobae in front of her. She remembers the day she saw the two of them being so friendly and smiling at each other.

“Neh…” Joy nodded nonchalantly.

“You and Gong Tae Kwang seemed really close…” Eun Bi commented trying to sound as nonchalant as she can be.

“Eeeii… We aren’t that close… But I do want to be close to oppa…” Joy boldly revealed.

That bold response from Joy really took Eun Bi by surprise; she wonders how can a girl be so open about her feelings? The few times she had seen Joy, she can tell that the young girl had a very bright personality, she can be a mood maker, and somehow her attitude matches well with Gong Tae Kwang who had a playful nature.

“Eun Bi-ahh….” Even before Eun Bi could say a word of response to Joy’s little confession, Eun Bi was called by her mother who was standing at the counter.

“Neh… Omma…” Eun Bi answered as she turned back to see her mother holding her phone out to her.

“Your phone is ringing…” Eun Bi’s mom said.

“Mian… Joy…. I have to get the call…” Eun Bi said as she turns back to look at Joy.

“It’s ok... Sunbae… I’ll just to my friends over there…” Joy said and gestured her friends who are busy looking for interesting things.

******************************************************************************************

As usual Gong Tae Kwang had nothing better to do on a weekend that is why he decided to call Eun Bi and luckily the girl of his dream answers his phone call on his first call attempt.

“Wae….” Eun Bi said as soon as she answered his call forgetting the formalities of having to say “hello” but Tae Kwang didn’t mind at all because that is just like him as well.

“What are you doing?” Tae Kwang asked with a hopeful smile.

“I’m at Omma’s shop…” Eun Bi answered flatly with also deflated the raven haired guy’s energy.

“Is that so? Then that means you can’t go out?” Tae Kwang asked, his voice sounded sad.

For a moment Eun Bi also looked sad hearing Tae Kwang’s voice, and then suddenly she met eyes with her mom who seemed to have read her mind and mouthed something to Eun Bi.

“You can go…” Mrs. Go mouthed with a smile at Eun Bi and even gives Eun Bi an ok sign.

“Actually… I can… mom just said that it is ok for me to leave early today…” Eun Bi informed with a smile on her face as she tells Tae Kwang the good news.

“Really??” Tae Kwang gleefully mumbled on the other line.

“Neh…” Eun Bi answered shortly.

******************************************************************************************

Eun Bi ended up agreeing to meet Tae Kwang and now preparing to leave to the shop. She gathered all her things inside her bag and bids goodbye to her mother before leaving.

“Bye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter