Chapter 18

School 2015: Just an Option
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Byul was walking alone on the empty hallway of their school when she suddenly met her swimmer bestfriend Han Yi An.

“Eun Byul-ah…” Yi An greeted as soon the he saw her. “Are you going home now?” the swimmer asked.

“Neh…” Eun Byu’s shortly answered.

“Where’s Eun Bi??” Yi An asked when he noticed that Eun Byul was alone

“Eun Bi had something to do and left earlier…” Eun Byul answered lazily and Yi An nodded.

“Ah… is that so…” Yi An mumbled and Eun Byul didn’t say anything else but instead she resumed walking. “Then let’s go home together today…” Yi An said with a smile on his face.

Eun Byul turned to look at her bestfriend with a confused look, it’s been a while since she got home with Yi An as a company. He is always busy with training and so she and Eun Bi are the one who are always together during the way home.

“Don’t you have practice?” Eun Byul asked.

“Ani…” Yi An said coolly and they started to walk side by side.

There was an odd silence between them until they reached the bus station and rode the bus, they seated on their favorite spot on the bus with Eun Byul seated beside the window.

Eun Byul can still remember vividly the conversation she accidentally heard between Yi An and Tae Kwang. And now, here Yi An is, sitting beside her, with their shoulders slightly touching each other and yet he acts like there is nothing wrong with their relationship right now.

“Mian-hae…” suddenly a timid voice of Eun Byul mumbled as she continues to look at outside.

Yi An on the other hand looked surprised by the sudden apologizing of Eun Byul, it almost sounded a different person, the bestfriend he knows is someone who wouldn’t accept defeat and she is wrong, in all their arguments before be it his fault or her’s it was always him who apologized. He always let her win, because he likes her.

“Neh… What did you say?” Yi An asked to make sure he heard the right word and Eun Byul turned to look at him without saying anything for a moment. “Yah…. Why are you staring at me like that?” Yi An awkwardly said. “You are making me nervous… tell me already what it is...” he demanded.

“Aigoo…” Eun Byul then said as she fakes a smile on her face. “Nothing… it was nothing…” she added.

“Mwo-yah??” Yi An asked looking confused. “Then why are you apologizing all of a sudden?” Yi An asked.

“Nothing.. I just thought that I haven’t really apologized to you before…” Eun Byul said as if it was really nothing. “You forgive me, right?” Eun Byul asked masking a smile on her face.

“Aiisshh…. You are lucky I’m your bestfriend…” Yi An self praised. “of course I forgive you…” he added not noticing the odd behavior Eun Byul is displaying.

“Gomawo….” Eun Byul said and she went back looking outside the window.

“Aigoo….” Yi An said with a bright smile on his face as he taps Eun Byul’s head like he always do in the past.

“Is there no one willing to look behind the mask that I wear?” Eun Byul thought to herself.

And as she lets her thoughts wander, outside the window where she is looking was Cha Eun Gyul who is walking peacefully on the side of the streets with his headphone placed on his ears but she failed to notice him.

“Hey… Eun Byul-ah…” Yi An called and Eun Byul turned to look at him.

“Wae??” Eun Byul asked.

“Are you free this weekend?” Yi An asked with a hopeful look on his face.

“Wae?” Eun Byul asked once again.

“Should we hangout? We haven’t really been able to hang out together since your return…” Yi An explained.

“Geurone…” Eun Byul mumbled.

“So? Are you free? There is a great movie showing at the theaters now… and we can eat later at your favorite restaurant after… how does that sound?” Yi An enthusiastically said.

“Sounds fun…” Eun Byul answered but her face doesn’t say the same thing she is saying. “but I don’t think I can accompany you…” Eun Byul answered then.

“Why?” Yi An asked as his face turned a little disappointed.

“I already had plans for this weekend… Mian…” Eun Byul said.

“With Eun Bi?” Yi An asked.

“Ani… You can ask her instead if she is free…” Eun Byul answered.

“arasso… I guess it can’t be help if you already have plans…” Yi An sadly said. “But you owe me, arasso?” Yi An brightly added.

******************************************************************************************

The class had ended and Tae Kwang wasn’t able to resume any of it and Eun Bi excused herself to her friends and unnie to back at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter