Chapter 34

School 2015: Just an Option
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Byul was surprised beyond words; she thought that this kind of scene only happens on the drama land. But she guessed she is wrong after all.

“I’m sorry…” Eun Byul uttered awkwardly before running after Eun Gyul to only God knows where. “Yah! Cha Eun Gyul” she called.

Eun Gyul stand up from his sit and walked out of the dining area, all he wanted right now was to get away. He heard Eun Byul calling his name but he didn’t stop nor turn around and instead he started running.

He seated on the grass at the park somewhere around the area, he stared morosely at the night sky. The skyline was pretty spectacular that night, he had to admit. The sky was filled with countless of stars that kept twinkling.

He hadn’t realized how angry he was that he started to pull out some of the grass from its root. And once his anger had passed, a feeling of emptiness envelops him.

“Mind if I join you?” a voice said, he almost jump in surprise and looked as his side. Eun Byul stood over him, her hands are crossed on her chest as usual.

“How did you find me?” Eun Gyul asked in return.

“Gosh!!” Eun Byul sighed and seated beside Eun Gyul. “Did you know that the one thing I hate the most is running?”

Despite it, Eun Gyul smiled a little crookedly. He then placed something on Eun Byul’s shoulder, his jacket. Eun Byul didn’t say anything about it and shrugged it on.

“Aren’t you going to ask me?” Eun Gyul asked.

“Are you going to tell me if I did ask?” Eun Byul asked back.

“I hate them…. I really hate them…” Eun Gyul uttered, and Eun Byul can really feel the sadness in his voice. “How can she call herself my mom? I only have one mom... and it will never be her. I hate my father… because he was the reason I lost my mom. He took her away from me.” Eun Gyul uttered, he didn’t even realized that he was already crying. “I was only little boy back then… A boy whose world revolves around his mom.”

Eun Byul could only look at Eun Gyul, she couldn’t even think of anything to say, she wanted to say something but nothing come to her mind.

“My mom… she was my everything, she was my best buddy, and yet he took her away from me. You see my mom was later diagnosed with a cancer… she always needs to go to the hospital to receive treatment… I always go and visit her, until one day, he forbids me to do so. How can he do that? How can he forbid me from visiting my own mom?”

Eun Byul never imagined that the Cha Eun Gyul she had known will actually be crying like a kid whose candy had been taken away from him.

“And you know what’s worse?” Eun Gyul asked and Eun Byul only looked at him not saying anything. “When my mother was dying, he didn’t even go on the hospital!! He wasn’t there! But instead he went to his meeting! His wife is dying! My mom is dying! And he goes to a damn meeting!!” Eun Gyul exasperated.

Eun Gyul was crying so hard that his shoulder started shaking and his voice even turns shaky as he tells his story in between his sobs.

“But more than that… I wasn’t there as well… if only I was there… then my mom wouldn’t have to die alone. If only he’d let me visit my mom… she wouldn’t suffer alone.” Eun Gyul cried and Eun Byul noticed that there is a hint of self-loathing in Eun Gyul’s voice. “It was my fault my mom died alone…”

******************************************************************************************

Eun Byul was surprised to hear Eun Gyul’s story, she wanted to say something to him, but she couldn’t think of the right words to say that would actually comfort him.

She partly knows how he felt, that self-loathing feeling, she had that kind of feeling before for her twin sister, she hated herself for stealing the life that was supposed to be her sister’s.

But she was lucky that she had Eun Bi now to cope up with that guilt and even the presence of her bestfriends did help her a lot, Shijin and Songjoo had been the best of friend she could ever ask for, as well as Han Yi An, even that Ddorayi plays quite a role. Not to forget her Mom.

“Cha Eun Gyul…” Eun Byul gently called and Eun Gyul looked at her with eyes as red as it can be.

But Cha Eun Gyul, he had no one. At least that is how she sees it, and that is when the pain doubles, when there was no one for him to cry on. When there is no one to tell him that his mother’s death is not his fault.

“It was not your fault” she said. “Your mom dying alone is not your fault. You are just a kid back then… there is nothing you can do. And I’m sure… your mom also thinks that way.” She added trying to ease his pain.

“You think so?” Eun Gyul asked, he sounded desperate.

“Yes..” Eun Byul nodded. “If your mom is seeing you right now, she would be sad knowing that you blame yourself for her passing away. So stop blaming yourself…”

Looking at Eun Byul, Eun Gyul wanted to believe every word she says, that is was not his fault and that his mom wouldn’t blame him for not being by her side before.

“And wheneve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter