Chapter 48: Friend or Enemy?

Mrs Charming & Mr Cinderella

Joon gi drove Ji hyo to her new house while Woo bin decided to drive himself home. 

Joon gi took a glance at her who was quiet since at the airport. 'So Mrs Lee, are you still uncomfortable with me? Or maybe you're not a talkative person'. 

'This is the first time we met each other and do you aspect me to be talkative? 

'We're going to be partners so i think it's important for us to know more about each other. Or are you..thinking about your husband?'He smirked. 

'None of your business. We are going to finish this project then i'm done. Period. So, dont involve my family or anybody in our business!'.

'Wow..take a chill, madam! I'm just kidding..you're so tensed..but, i dont think Woo Bin will let you go easily.. He's a mean guy..i'm more gentle than him'. 

'If he wont let me go, i'll fight him'. I swear to God'. 

'Dont you think it's already too late? Why dont you fight him now instead of waiting for the project to finish? I dont think the Inexorable Witch is afraid of him?? You're way more superior than he will ever be. I think it's really true that love can make you blind and stupid. He just using your family to get you and suddenly you turned into a weak housewife!'.

'What is that suppose to mean? Who are you actually? Why are you telling me this if you're Woo bin's partner?' And can you please stop calling me Inexorable Witch? I'm tired of it.

'You will know about me soon. But for now, keep our conversation a secret, alright? And we're already infront of your house'.

He helped took out her luggage from the car into her house. 'So, i will go home now..see you tomorrow'. He winked at her before left the house.

Ji hyo sat at the couch felt really tired of the long trip and the drama she had with that Joon gi guy. 'Who the hell is he? Should i trust him? Or maybe he's Woo Bin's spy to know my plan to escape? Urghh.. F*** it!'. She felt frustrated with everything. 'I couldnt even raise my sons on my own because of this s**t. And finally, fell asleep on the couch.

*the next morning*

Ji hyo woke up feeling pain on her neck since she was asleep on the couch all night long. She went upstairs to take a shower before wandered around the house. The house has 4 bathrooms, 6 bedrooms and the view was magnificent and could see Colosseum not far away from the location of the house. 'Why the hell they're putting me in this big house..i'm the only one who lives in here'. She sighed and went to the kitchen to make a breakfast when suddenly her phone rang.

'Mrs Lee, i'm right infront of your house, now can you please open the door??'. Joon gi told her and she replied. 'Wait there, i'm coming'. 

She opened the door and saw Joon Gi with a bag of food in his hand. 'I brought you some breakfast!'. He said with childish smile plastered on his face. 'I already made my own breakfast, so thanks'. She said coldly.

'Wow, i didnt know you can cook. Okay, just kidding. Woo bin asked me to bring you some food since he quite busy at the office but he will be free after 10 p.m, then we can discuss about the project'. 

'What are you? Woo bin's personal assistant? Why are you following his orders?'. She asked.

'Just like you. You would do anything your father asks you for, right? Because you owe him your life. I will do anything for Woo bin too, cuz i owe him my life. He's my brother. Step brother actually'. He finally spilled his own life history to her.

'Even though its a crime? You would still do that for him?'

'I can even sacrifice my own life for him'. And for the first time since yesterday, she could see a serious side of Lee joon gi. 

*At Kim Industries headquarters*.

'Welcome to my office, Ji hyo. It's nice to see you here'. Woo bin approached and brought her to the meeting room with Joon gi followed behind.

'Have a seat, ji hyo..this building is not going to collapse yet..'. Woo bin and she took a seat infront of him.

'So, what is the project you want me to involve with? Isn't it weird, you have a big company but still needs my help? Can't you handle it yourself?'. She smirked.

'You need to understand, this is an Oil and Gas Company but our engineers have a brilliant idea of advance nuclear weapon and we lack of raw materials and technologies for weapon and that's why we need Song Industries to make this project a success.. we can join forces and sell it to any country..Russia, U.S, U.K..everywhere'. 

Woo bin showed the design of the weapon to her and she sighed. Song Industries is one of the company that Ji hyo managed in secret and her father did not know anything about it. Song Industries created weapons for many countries and even South Korea. The weapons that killed so many people around the world.

After they finished discussing their project, Joon gi brought Ji hyo home. 

'Ji hyo, if there's anything you want to say, just call me ok? I'll be here for you. I know you're reluctant to do this project..you're doing this to protect your family, right?. So, good night Ji hyo'. He smiled and kissed her cheek then went away. Ji hyo was so shocked at his action but finally she also smiled. 'Thanks, Joon gi'.

'Maybe not everyone that bad are evil after all'.