chapter 2: the accident

Mrs Charming & Mr Cinderella

booommm! her car hit someone that was riding a motorcycle. 's***..i'm late for a meeting and now i'm stuck in the accident'.she said to herself but couldn't deny  that she felt guilty,she looked at the person she was just hit and made her panic.That person was an old woman and she was unconscious, there were blood in her forehead.song ji hyo managed to calm herself down and took out her iphone and called 911.after 3 minutes, the ambulance came and took the old woman to the hospital. 'you need to come with us to the hospital miss' the paramedic told ji hyo who is the only one at that place. 

Conversation through the phone with soo jin

Ji hyo:hello..soo jin i need you to ask Hongbin to replace me for the meeting

Soo jin:ok miss but are you alright?seems like something bad has happened

Ji hyo:i had an accident just now and i'm heading to the hospital 

Soo jin:what??are you hurt??ok i will tell Hongbin rightaway. should i go to the hospital now??i'm so worried about you

ji hyo:it's ok i'm not hurt. But the old woman i just hit is the one who injured. you don't have to worry about me soo jin.just stay at the office and do your work, ok?

Soo jin: i got it.take care, miss..bye

Ji hyo:bye

She felt quite relieved after she told soo jin and looked at the woman who was unconscious in front of her. That woman is very old and thin, her skin was pale and full with wrinkles.' She looks like my father'..said ji hyo to herself and felt sad for a sudden..after a few minutes in the ambulance, they arrived at the nearest hospital. That woman was taken into the emergency room immediately and ji hyo sat at the bench while waiting for the woman to receive her treatment. ' miss, are you the patient's relative?' Asked a young nurse while smiling at ji hyo.' no, i'm no the patient's relative..actually,  i'm the one who hit her just now'. Ji hyo smiled bitterly at her.'ohh..the patient needs to stay in the hospital for a couple of days for us to check her health condition, so i think you should call the patient's relatives to tell them she is here'.the nurse told ji hyo who showed serious expression. 'Ok thank you very much madam. But i can i asked you to find her relative's phone number so i can call??'.the nurse took out a piece of paper and wrote down something. 'This is her son's phone number that we took from the patient's cell phone, is there anything else that you need miss?'.she handed that piece of paper to ji hyo.' That's all i think, thank you'.ji hyo dialed the number immediately after the nurse left.' Tutttt tuuutttt...tuuttt tuuuttt....ttuuuuuttt tuuuttt...' ji hyo dialed the number once again. 'Tuuutttt tuuuutttt....ttuuutttt tuutttt...ttuuttt tuutttt..'.this is must be wrong number...ji hyo thought to herself. Before she could dial the number for the third time, she saw the old woman was laying in a bed that was pushed by nurses. Ji hyo followed them until arrived at the second floor room number 47. the room was big and comfortable. after finished their work, the nurses left the room. Ji hyo realized that the woman was awake. The old woman smiled weakly at ji hyo.

Old woman:i'm sorry to ask you but who are you, young lady?

Ji hyo:i'm sorry madam, but i'm the one who hit your motorcycle a few hours ago

Old woman:ahhh..you don't have to be sorry my dear, it's actually my fault that i didn't see your car coming from that way

Ji hyo:but i'm still feels guilty about it. If there is anything you need just tell me, alright?

Old woman:actually there is something i want to ask you

Ji hyo: what is it madam?

Old woman:firstly, there is no need to call me madam just call me auntie..and secondly, can you call my son for me?

Ji hyo:i called him for a few times just now but nobody answer it. But i will try again rightaway but now you need to take a rest first, auntie

Old woman: thank you so much my dear, i want to sleep for a while

ji hyo put another pillow behind the old woman's injured head to make her felt more comfortable. After made sure she was asleep, ji hyo pulled out her phone and dialed that number once again.'please pick up the phone...pick up the damn phone please please..' .after a few seconds, a guy answered here call..finally.

Conversation through the phone

The guy:hello, min ho is speaking..who is this?

Ji hyo: my name is ji hyo..i want to tell you that your mother is in the hospital right now. Can you come here immediately?

The guy:mom is in the hospital??i will come right now...which hospital may i ask?

Ji hyo: seoul specialist hospital.

The guy:thank you for the information, miss

Ji hyo:welcome, mr min ho

Ji hyo took a deep breath and felt relieve that he answered his phone call.' And now i only need to wait for him to come'. Ji hyo said to herself while sitting at the sofa beside the old woman.she was grateful that the woman only had minor injury even though it wasn't her fault that the accident happened.