chapter 26: the box

Mrs Charming & Mr Cinderella

Bou yong and Ji hyo were in the car on the way to their new home when suddenly Bou yong asked ji hyo to stopped at her old house.

Ji hyo: but, mother i already told my workers to take all your belongings to our new house.

Bou yong:i know..but i dont think they already pick this thing here.(she pointed at the ground near a tree) can you help me, ji hyo?

Ji hyo:of course.(ji hyo digged the ground and found a box)

Bou yong: thank you..let's go back now.

When they were in the car

Bou yong: ji hyo, i want you to take this box. It belongs to you.

Ji hyo: what is this, mother?

Bou yong:you should open it when you are alone. Please keep it safely, alright?(she smiled)

Ji hyo: dont worry about that..i'll protect it with my life.

They both returned to their new home and Ji hyo showed bou yong her new room. 'If you need anything just call me. You go straight and turn left and my room is there. Min ho's room is next to mine'. She slipped her tongue and felt like wanted to punch her own face at that time. 'You have separate room with min ho?'. She asked her curiously. 'No!no..i mean that room is our future children's room and i call it Little Min ho's room..haha' she lied to her nervously. But, what she has just said made bou yong excited. 'Oh my God, are you pregnant?i'm going to be a grandma soon'. She hugged ji hyo happily. 'Mother, no! I'm not pregnant..dont misunderstand'. Bou yong looked disappointed. 'Oh really? I hope for the best for both of you,ok?'. Ji hyo could only smiled to the older woman.

At that night, min ho said he would be late so only ji hyo and bou yong had dinner together. They were both talking to each other happily since ji hyo never had a mother before and bou yong never had a daughter. ' you know, my husband really wanted a daughter when i was pregnant with Min ho. He quite disappointed actually when he got a son, but he still loved him anyway. He taught min ho how to knit and gardening and that's why he's quite soft than the other boys arround his age'. She laughed all the time when she talked about Min ho. Ji hyo could only listened to her carefully and asked a few questions when she stopped. After that dinner, bou yong went to her room and took a rest. Ji hyo also went to her room and decided to open the box that bou yong gave her. She was surprised to see what inside it. There was a letter, a photo album and a pair of small shoes. She opened the photo album and the first picture was an ultrasound photo of a baby. Beside it, there were a writing 'week 32. The doctor said the baby is very healthy and strong'. The second picture was bou yong holding a baby that she recognised as Min ho and a handsome man beside her. He really looked like Min ho. 'First family photo. Thank you my wife for our beautiful son. I will be a good husband and father for both of you'. And the third photo was a three years old Min ho tried to catch a butterfly for the first time. And there were so many pictures of min ho grew up in that album until he was 14 years old. she closed the album and started to read the letter:

 

Dear daughter in law,

 When you're reading this letter, i might not here in this world anymore. I want to thank you for willingly being my son's wife.You must be curious about why i gave you those photos, right? Bou yong and i were waiting to have a baby for 10 years. And then, Min ho came to our life.He had heart problem when he was still a featus but he survived because i know he's strong. Since he was a child he loved to play basketball but the doctor told that he cant play it anymore because of the health problem. His own dream has been taken away from him.He's the only son that i had, and now he belongs to you. I hope both of you will have a happy marriage.The shoes that i gave is the first shoes he wore when he was one year old. And i hope you will continue to complete the album that i gave you.

                                                           love,

                                                           your father

                                                           law

 

Song ji hyo took a deep sigh ' i will make your dreams come true'. She thought to herself and suddenly Min ho called her.

Ji hyo: hello?

Min ho: ji hyo..are you asleep already?

Ji hyo: not yet..why?

Min ho: can you come outside right now? i need your help

Ji hyo: help? Alright i'm coming.

She came outside the house and saw min ho sitting alone under the big tree.

Min ho: i want to kidnap you for tonight and bring you to a special place. Let's go.

Ji hyo: where are we going to? We cant leave mother alone, min ho.

Min ho: just for a while. (They took a bus to somewhere that she didnt know)

Ji hyo: where the hell are you taking me to?

Min ho: i told you i'm kidnaping you. Are you tired? You can sleep on my shoulder.

Ji hyo: no, i'm not sleepy. Dont worry about me

After 5 minutes, she's already asleep on his shoulder. 'You look cute when sleeping, my wife. I...love you'. After an hour and half, they arrived at that place. They walked while holding hands for 5 minutes and reached at the table and bench there.

That place were decorated with lamps and candles. There also a cake on the table ' Happy anniversary, ji hyo'.She look confused. 'What do you mean by anniversary? 'Yah!it's our one month anniversary. You dont remember?'. ' It's only one month not one decade. 'Why not?i prepared all this things after i got back from work ,you know. So, what are you waiting for? Just blow that candle already'

'By the way, thank you min ho'. She smiled and was touched by the effort to make all those things. Her smile made his heart melted. He took her hands and looked at her eyes then, he kissed her on the lips.