Twenty One - The Lawsuit (Part One)

The Trick of the Heart

"I'll be staying here with my mom for the night. Is that okay?"

"It's fine. I'll pick you up in the morning."

"Okay. Well, goodnight Sehun."

"Goodnight, Lu." 

Sehun hung up his phone when Chad entered his room.

"Dinner is ready, Young Master."

"Thank you, Chad."

Chad bowed and exited the room with Sehun following behind.

As they entered the dining room, Madam Oh and Tao were already seated.

"Is Luhan not joining us?" Tao asked.

"She wanted to stay with her mother tonight. I'm picking her up tomorrow morning."

"Well, then. Let's eat."

Once those words were said, the maids brought in the food and the family began to eat their dinner.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Next Day:

"I'll call you to tell you how your father is progressing." Taeyeon said.

"Okay, mama." Luhan replied. 

A car honk was heard from the driveway.

"That must be Sehun." 

"Do you have everything?" Taeyeon asked

"I think so."

"Jie! Your lover is at the door!"

"Chen! For the last time! He is not my lover!" Luhan yelled to her brother.

"Not yet anyway." Baekhyun said from Luhan's right.

Luhan looked at her sister. "And what makes you think that?"

"Oh come on! He cares for you more than you know. And I know you care for him too."

"Wha-" 

"Okay, you two. Luhan, you don't want to make Sehun wait, do you?" Taeyeon interupted.

Luhan gave her sister one last look and turned to grab her bag and head towards the door.

Once she opened the door, Sehun had already opened the passenger seat for Luhan.

"Hi." Luhan said as she walked up to Sehun. Sehun gave Luhan a peck on the forehead, shocking her.

"Morning." Sehun replied as he pulled away and took her bag. 

When Luhan had taken her seat, Sehun cloased the door and got in the car himself and started the car.

They have been driving for a while when Luhan noticed that they were headed to the mall.

"Uh.... Why are we going to the mall?" Luhan asked.

"There are some paper work that needs to be done by today. I hope you don't mind."

"Oh. Okay." Luhan said as she turned towards Sehun and smiled.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Luhan sat on the couch in Sehun's office watching the man at his desk reading through papers and signing them.

Sehun was so focused on his papers that he didn't noticed that Luhan had gotten up from her seat and is now standing next to his chair, looking over his shoulders to see what the man is working on.

Luhan saw papers from relating to the mall to matters that relates to hotels within and outside the country. 

"Do you own hotels too?" She asked.

"Yes." 

"Busy man..." Luhan said under her breath. She looked at some of the papers near her and saw that there is going to be a new project in Busan.

Sehun saw what she was staring at and smiled. "It is currently under construction. Though we don't know what to do after it's done."

"Is this the area around the building?" Luhan asked when she saw some photos under the pile of papers.

"Yea. It looks plain, I know." 

"Not if you add flowers for trees, you know. Oh! Maybe a garden!" 

"You seem to know this stuff well." Sehun said looking at Luhan with amused eyes.

"Well, I help my mom with the garden and I love nature, so...."

"You also graduated with a degree in interior design, right?"

Luhan nodded. "Why do you ask?"

"Do you think you can design the hotel's interior?" Sehun asked.

Luhan's eyes widened. "You want me to design?"

"Only if you want to."

Her smile reached her eyes and caused Sehun's heart to skip a beat.

"What does the interior look like?"

Sehun chuckled. "I'm taking that as a 'yes'?" Luhan nodded enthusiastically. 

"Here. This is just a sketch though."

"Its fine. At least I'll know what the rooms will somewhat look like." Luhan said as she tooked the sketches and sat at the couch.

Sehun smiled and turned back to the stack of papers in front of him. They continued for a while until the phone rings.

"Hello?" Sehun answered.

"......"

"I'm at the office with Luhan. Why?"

"......"

"Alright. Call me if anything else happens." Sehun said before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Luhan asked.

"Tao." Sehun said returning to the papers. "She said that my ex was causing trouble at my mom's house again."

"Oh."

"Alright. I finished the papers." Sehun said as he stood up from his seat and walked towards Luhan. "You can leave those there for now."

"Oh? Where are we going?" 

"Lunch." Sehun said before grabbing Luhan's hand and walked out of the building.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Omma, do you think that Luhan is a good choice for Sehun oppa?" Tao asked her mother at the dining table.

Madam Oh kept eating and smiled. "It all depends on Sehun."

Tao smiled at her mother and resumed eating her lunch. 

They were eating peacefully when Chad came into the room.

"She's here again."

"What does she want this time?" Tao asked while taking another bite of her chicken.

"What I want is to talk to Sehun." Krystal said as she entered the room without permission.

"Well, he's not here, so leave." Tao answered back.

"Then we will wait," said a voice that came from behind Krystal. There stood Krystal's blonde sister, Jessica. 

"He won't be back until late," Chad answered.

"Who asked you? You're nothing but a servant." Krystal snapped.

"What Chad said is the truth, eonni," Tao said, putting a lot of venom in the last word. "Oppa has business with the hotel development, so he won't be home until late, or tomorrow morning."

"Fine, but while we're here...." Jessica looked at her sister and the two smirked. 

"Hey! !!! Where are you!" Jessica yelled as she left the dining room to find Luhan. Krystal looked at Madam Oh and Tao and gave them a not-so-innocent smile before following her sister.

"Chad!" Madam Oh called and Chad followed after the sisters. 

"I'm afraid you have overstayed your welcome in this house. There is the door." Chad said as he blocked the staircase. 

"She's up there, isn't she?" Krystal asked as she tried to force pass Chad and a couple of other guards. 

"She is out with Sehun at the moment." Madam Oh said as she walked towards them.

"You know what I think, I think that you are lying. There is no such woman." Jessica said as she walked up to the guards. The minute she pushed passed them, was the minute where two of the guards had a firm grip on both her arms and dragged her out of the house. 

"Hey! Let go!" Jessica demanded.

Chad had grabed hold of Krystal when she was distracted by her sister and was dragged out as well.

Both were pushed to the ground outside the front door. Krystal got up and tried to enter the house but was stopped by Chad. 

"Fine! But I will be back tonight. And if I don't see that little of yours, then I'm moving back in!" Krystal declared as she turned and walked out of the driveway towards her car, Jessica followed after giving them a cold glare.

Once inside their car, Krystal pulled out her phone and called her cousin. 

"Joon. It's me. Have you been keeping an eye on Sehun like I asked you?" 

"......"

"Are you sure?"

"......"

Krystal smiled evilly. "Good. Then I guess I will be Mrs. Oh once more."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SORRY!!!! I know it took quite a while for me to update, but literally ran into a wall with this chapter. _(:3」∠)_ I intended for this chapter to be a little short, but then more ideas came into mind as I kept writing Σ(・・) So I made this into two parts (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

This week was a little busy. With work nearly everyday..... I barely have time to write (´∀`;) Also I'm helping out with a wedding so..... yeah... 

Hopefully I get the next part up soon. Hopefully by tomorrow (NEW YEAR'S EVE GUYS!!!!!) 

Anyways..... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 

PEACE OUT! (= ̄▽ ̄=)V