Eighteen - The Meeting (SuLay)

The Trick of the Heart

After talking to Sehun, Joonmyeon began checking up on his patients. 

Once done, he went to the children's side and saw them playing outside. He smiled at how adorable the children were but then frowned when he thought about why they were in the hospital. Some were injured from simple things like a broken leg from climbing a tree or falling hard off a bike. Others were wounded from accidents, thus hospitalized for therapy.

"Doctor Suho!!!!" a small voice yelled, snapping Joonmyeon out of his thoughts. 

He turned to where the voice came from and saw four children running up to him.

"Is Doctor Suho going to play with us today?" a boy, who seemed to be the eldest among the four, asked. 

"Not today, Jimin-ah, but tomorrow, kay?" Joonmyeon said sadly.

All four children were saddened by his words. The youngest of the four went up to him and held up her little pinky.

"Pinky pwomise?" 

Joonmyeon chuckled and hooked his big pinky to her little one. "Suho promise."

"Jimin-ah! Come on! Dance class is about to start!" a boy called from a group not far from them.

"Oh! That's right!" Jimin remembered that today was the day the hospital will begin their new therapy program where kids, as well as adults, get to play the sports they like. The hospital is offering patients the option of playing tennis, soccer, yoga, and dance. They were also offering crafting programs for patients who wants to be crafty with their hands.

"Let's go, Jonghyun-ah, Minhyuk-ah." Jimin said excitedly and ran towards his friend, with Jonghyun and Minhyuk following. 

The little girl who was still holding Joonmyeon's pinky looked down sadly seeing that her brother had forgotten her.

"Jaehee-ah!" a voice called for her. She looked up and saw her brother running back to her.

"Oppa's sorry! Don't cry, jaebal!" he pleaded with his hands together in a prayer position. 

"Jonghyun-oppwa forgot Jaehee!" she cried. Both Jonghyun and Joonmyeon knew that when Jaehee spoke in third person it means that she was really upset. 

"Oppa is very sorry!" Jonghyun said as he went to hug his little sister. "How about we go play on the swings?" 

"B-but not oppwa want to dance?" Jaehee asked.

"Nah! That can wait another time. Come on! Let's go play on the swings!" Jonghyun said as he grabbed his sister's hands and ran to the swings with her laughing.

Joonmyeon looked at the two and smiled.

"That's sweet don't you think?" someone said behind Joonmyeon. He turned and his world stopped.

Standing before him was probably the most beautiful person he has ever saw. She had long brown hair put up in a pony-tail. She was also wearing a T-shirt and adidas leggings along with adidas superstar sneakers. And when she smiled, Joonmyeon swore that his heart stopped when he saw her dimples.

"They seem fine though.... I wonder why they are here?" she mumbled.

"They were both in an accident a month ago and lost both their parents. The brother had a severe injury to his left leg and the sister didn't want to leave her brother's side." Joonmyeon answered still staring at the stranger. 

"O-Oh. So what's going to happen after the boy is fully healed?" she asked when she turned to look at him. The minute their eyes locked, it felt that they were the only ones in the room. She blushed and was the first to break eye contact.

Joonmyeon snapped out of his daze and fake coughed. 

"Their grandmother lives in Seoul and visits them everyday. After Jonghyun is fully healed, they will be living with her." Joonmyeon answered her question from earlier. 

"I'm Zhang Yixing, by the way. Most people call me Lay," Yixing introduced sticking out her hand. "I'm one of the dance teachers for the new program."

"Kim Joonmyeon," Joonmyeon replied taking her hand and shook it.

"Oh?! You are the director and owner here, no?" Yixing asked shocked that she might be talking to the owner.

"That would be me." Joonmyeon chuckled at her reaction. Cute he thought.

"Well, I should get going. Don't want to be late on the first day!" Yixing said as she walked to the left.

"Uh, Yixing-ssi," Joonmyeon called her.

"Yeah?" Yixing turned, surprised that he said her name right.

"The dance studio is that way...." Joonmyeon said as he pointed in the direction of where the kids were gathered, which happened to be in the opposite direction Yixing was walking to. 

"O-Oh" Yixing said as she realized ther silliness. "T-Thanks." 

Joonmyeon watched as she walked toward the children and introduced herself. The children seemed to take quite a liking to her instantly.

Zhang Yixing.... It was a good idea to start this program. Joonmyeon thought as he turned to walk towards his office.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: HEYO!!!!! Here is a SuLay part!!!! The next chapter will be back to our main couple... from what I can tell is that this story is very far from over o-o 

Until next update... PEACE!!! (^_^) v