One - Father's Boss

The Trick of the Heart

Luhan walks into her house and sees her brother and sister wrestling for the remote.

"What are you two doing?" Luhan asked.

"Jie*! I was watching Pretty Little Liars and Chen changed the channel at the best part!!!" Yelled Luhan's younger sister, Baekhyun. Luhan looked at her youngest sibling and gave him a look.

"Chen, you know better than changing the channel on Baekkie." Luhan scolded her brother.

"But the newest episode of The Game of Thrones is playing in 10 minutes!!!" Chen whined. 

"Well for you cuz I'm watching Pretty Little Liars!!" Baekhyun yelled and snatched the remote and changed the channel.

"B-but..." Luhan saw that her brother was going to cry. She smiled.

"Chen, why don't you go to my room and watch your show?" 

"Really?" Chen looked at his sister hopefully, but then his smile turned into a frown. "But you said that I am not allowed into your room."

"Yeah. You're not allowed without my permission. And in this case I'm allowing you to go to my room to watch your show. Now go before you miss some stuff." 

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!" Chen exclaimed and ran up the stairs to his sisters room.

"And don't break anything!" Luhan yelled after her brother.

"KAY!!!" Chen called from the room.

"*sigh* This kid." Luhan enters the kitchen to start dinner. 

"Hey, Baek! Where's mom and dad?" 

"Dad disappeared." Baekhyun replied from the living room and there was a crash in the kitchen.

"WHAT!" Luhan yelled when she ran to the living room. "What do you mean he disappeared?"

"I don't know. All I know is that when I got home, mom was on the phone looking worried. It seems that she was talking to dad's boss or something. She then called dad's cell for a number of times and he didn't pick up. That reminds me. Mom said that she went to look for dad."

No sherlock. Luhan thought. She groaned because now she has to take care of her siblings since she is the oldest. 

Luhan went back into the kitchen when she heard the door bell.

"Jie! Someone is at the door!" Baekhyun called.

"Then why don't you go see who it is!" Luhan called back.

"Because I'm busy watching my show!"

"This girl!" Luhan whispered under her breath.

With a sigh, Luhan walked to the door to see who it was. The minute she opened the door, she saw men in black suits and sunglasses on.

"Is this the Xi residence?" said one of the men in front.

"Y-yes." Luhan answered unsurely. 

"Is Xi Ming Yue here?"

"He's not here."

"I don't believe you." said someone behind the man in front. When the man moved out of the way, Luhan can tell that this man was the boss because of the way he was dressed; black suit and tie and a head full of bleach blonde hair.

"He really isn't here. I don't know where he went honestly," Luhan replied.

"We'll see about that," said the man. "Search the house," he commanded his men.

The next thing Luhan knew was that there were men searching the house and Baekhyun yelling "What in the name of the tree is going on?"

"Jie! Why are there men in black in our house?!" yelled Chen from the second floor.

"Hey!! You can't come in here! This is tresspassing!!" Luhan yelled after a while.

"Oh I believe I can because your father had been stealing from my company." said the man.

"And who are you, exactly?" asked Luhan, seriously upset.

"You don't know your father's boss? I'm Oh Sehun." replied the man, Sehun.

"O-Oh S-Sehun?" Luhan asked with wide eyes.

"Yes. Now are you going to tell me where your father is?" Sehun asked, getting really impatient.

"I-I really don't know where my father is," replied Luhan and realization hits her. "And what do you mean my father was stealing?"

"Exactly what it means," Sehun sighed out. "He's stolen about 38 billion won (about 32 million US dollars)."

Luhan couldn't believe what she was hearing. There is no way baba would be stealing, she thought.

"I-I don't believe you." Luhan said.

"Believe what you want. Your father had been working for me for the past 15 years." Sehun explained. "I trusted him. But finding out that he had been stealing from me has lost him all my trust."

"NO! My father would never do that!" At this point Luhan was crying.

"Well believe it!" Sehun said losing all his patience. Then he stepped into the house to search for Luhan's father. "Now, where is your father?"

"I already told you that I don't know where he is! And get out of my house!" Yelled Luhan.

"What is going on in here?" someone asked from the back door. 

"Aunty Jia..." Luhan said when she saw her neighbor.

"Luhan!" Jia exclaimed and then turned to Sehun. "I don't know who you are but I am this close to calling the cops, so I would suggest you to leave now."

"Go ahead. It would be great for the police to help find Xi Ming Yue anyway." replied Sehun.

"My father did nothing wrong. I will not believe that my father is a theif!" Luhan yelled as she began hitting Sehun in the chest.. Sehun caught Luhan fists.

"Your father is nothing but a lying bastard who has no life but stealing money from me!" Sehun seethed. In the next moment, Luhan had freed his hand and slapped Sehun.

It was silent for a moment until Sehun turned his head back to the person who just slapped him. Luhan saw the anger in his eyes and was frightened of what was coming next. Soon, Sehun dragged her to the bathroom he saw across the room from he was standing. 

"What are you doing! Let me go!" Luhan demanded.

"Luhan!" Jia yelled, worried.

"You tell me where your father!" Sehun commanded.

"I. DON'T. KNOW. WHERE. HE. IS!!" Luhan yelled, emphasizing every word.

One moment they were staring at each other, and the next Luhan was drenched by the water from the shower head that Sehun had managed to grab and turn on. Luhan began sobbing.

"Young Master Sehun, we could not find Mr. Xi. His closet is half empty as well," said one of the men.

"I see," Sehun replied while looking at a sobbing, wet Luhan. "Then we leave." 

As Sehun turned to leave, he looked back and said "I hope your father finds a way to pay back the money." Then he left.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Yay! First chapter up! I had such a hard time trying to think of something to write. *sigh* I tried. If you didn't like it, then don't read it. I don't know if this story will get any better or worse yet so.... Yea. I'm just writing whatever comes to mind for this story. Anyways.... I'll try to update every week or two. Well, until next time. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next chapter will be more about Sehun (^_^) 

Glossary:

Jie*: means "big sister" in Chinese.