Eight - The Truth to the Deal

The Trick of the Heart

Last Time:

"Xi Ming Yue! What is wrong!" Taeyeon began to panic. She pulled the now sobbing man into an embrace asking what was wrong. It was the next words that made her realize why he was crying so hard.

"Baba's sorry, Luhan."

 

Present:

"How could you?!" Taeyeon cried. "She is your own daughter!"

"It was the only solution I could think of," Ming Yue reasoned still crying.

"Only solution?!" Taeyeon screamed. "How can selling your daughter be the only solution?!"

The door opens and Joonmyeon enters the room.

"Excuse me, can you please keep your voices down. You are disturbing the other patients." He said.

"It was not only to pay back the debt, but to protect her as well." Ming Yue said ignoring Joonmyeon.

"Protect her? Protect her from who?" Taeyeon asked.

"Kim Jaejoong." Joonmyeon answered.

Taeyeon and Ming Yue turned the look at Joonmyeon, surprised that he was in the room.

"Chief Dr. Kim," Ming Yue called. "When did you get here."

"A few minutes ago, but you didn't hear me." 

"Oh. Sorry about that." Ming Yue apologized.

It was silent for a while.

"You didn't tell your wife about Kim Jaejoong, did you?" Joonmyeon asked.

"I did not want to worry her." Ming Yue answered.

"I am right here and who is Kim Jaejoong?" Taeyeon asked irritated that they are talking as if she wasn't in the room.

"Kim Jaejoong is a dangerous man who gets everything he wants." Joonmyeon answered.

"And he wants our Luhan to be his next mistress." Ming Yue added.

"He wants make Luhan his what?!" Taeyeon yelled.

"This is why I wanted Sehun to take Luhan." Ming Yue said as a new wave of tears began to blur his sight. 

"He still won't accept the deal." Joonmyeon said.

"Why?" Ming Yue asked.

"Because he wants someone to love him as he does to her," Joonmyeon answered as he walked to look out the window.

"My brother, Kai, or Jongin as you know him, said that they have met twice already. He told me that he saw something in Sehun's eyes that sparkled or something. He guesses that Sehun might somewhat like Luhan. So Sehun wants Luhan to like him for him, not because she is forced to." 

Joonmyeon turned to look at the parents and smiled. "Then again, its just a guess. But sometimes Kai makes good guesses that they turned out right."

"But Luhan has a boyfriend." Taeyeon said in a whisper, which did not go unheard by the two men. 

"Wait, what? Since when?" Ming Yue asked surprised by the news.

"They day Luhan met Sehun at our house." 

"I see. Then this is going to be more complicated than I thought." Joonmyeon said and walked out.

The minute Joonmyeon closed the door, tears that collected in Ming Yue's eyes began to fall. 

"Baba's sorry," he whispered.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Outside the room, Joonmyeon stood with his cell phone out. He dialed a number and waited for the other to pick up.

"Kai," he said the moment the call was answered. "About Luhan. Apparently she has a boyfriend."

"......"

"I know that, and why are you whispering?"

"......"

"I see. Just make sure he doesn't hurt himself or anyone."

"......"

"Alright. I'll see you at home."

After the call, Joonmyeon was put his phone in his pocket and walked towards his office.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Sehun-ah!" 

Tao looks up from her spot on the couch in the living room when she heard the someone calling her brother. She got up to see what was going on only to see her brother walking towards the staircase.

"Oppa–!" Tao called but stopped midway when she saw the angry look on her brother's face.

"Oh Sehun!" a voice called from behind Tao. 

"Kai oppa." Tao said as Kai neared her. "What happened?"

Kai was about to answer but was stopped by Madam Oh.

"Jongin, go talk to Sehun. I'll inform Tao on what happened." 

"Okay," Kai responded and went up the stairs to where Sehun went.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

*Knock Knock*

Kai opened the door and saw Sehun sitting on his couch looking at his hands.

"Can it not be this way?" Sehun asked Kai. "I don't want it to be forced."

"You like her, don't you?" It was more of a statement than a question coming from Kai.

Sehun couldn't help but smile at how well Kai knows him.

"Somewhat," Sehun answered. "I don't know to what extent yet. But I do hate the fact that her father was willing to sell her as payment for all the money he's taken."

"I can somewhat understand the man," Kai began. "I mean the protecting part. He just wants his daughter to be safe from a dangerous man. What more than to put her under the care of someone who is also dangerous?"

"I'm more worried about what omma's gonna say," Sehun said with a sigh as he looked up from his lap.

"That is true. She did look like she was going to blow her top off." Kai said followed by a chuckle.

Sehun got up from his seat and headed for the door.

"Yah. Where are you going?" Kai asked his friend.

"Shooting range."

"Huh?" Kai was confused at why his friend wanted to go to the shooting range but followed anyway.

 

Once they reached the shooting range, which–by the way–is owned by Oh Corps., Sehun grabbed a rifle from the front desk and told the employee to start the simulation (A/N: I don't know any other way to discribe it, but this scene is kind of like the scene shown in Boys Over Flowers). 

"Are you going to accept the deal with Ming Yue?" Kai asked and said "ah" afterwards to signal the employees to release the target disks.

"It depends on what the girl's decision is. Ah." Sehun said.

Kai was about to take another shot until his phone rang. He looked towards Sehun and told him that he will be right back. Sehun continued with the shooting anyway.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Kai."

"Oh. Hyung. What is it?"

"About Luhan. Apparently she has a boyfriend."

"Seriously?!" Kai yelled causing Sehun to look towards his friend. 

"This is going to be tough considering the fact that Ming Yue had promised Luhan to Sehun." Kai whispered.

"I know that, and why are you whispering?"

"Because I'm with Sehun at the shooting range he owns and he is right next to me."

"I see. Just make sure he doesn't hurt himself or anyone."

"Yeah yeah. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright. I'll see you at home."

Kai ended the call with a sigh. Now what is going to happen? Kai thought.

"Was that Suho hyung?" Sehun asked.

"Aa." Kai answered as he went back to his shooting position. "Ah."

"What did he want?"

Kai lowered his rifle as he sighed. "He said that Luhan has a boyfriend."

Sehun was about to aim, but the news made him lower his rifle as well. He contemplated for a minute then raised his rifle again and said "ah."

"What are going to do about it?" Kai asked.

"There is nothing I can do. It is but to her if she agrees or not."

With that said, the two continued their shooting practice until nightfall. 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/N: Hello!!! SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!! This past week had been stressful with midterms. But now I got that over with I can update more!!! YAY (。◕ ∀ ◕。)! I hoped you like this chapter. There wasn't much but now you see why Luhan's father made such a deal. Until next update!  (ლ╹◡╹)ლ