Thirty Eight - I Love You

The Trick of the Heart

Luhan woke to sound of the heart monitor's beeping.

She opened her eyes, blinking a couple of times due to the sudden brightness entering her vision.

Once her vision adjusted to the light, Luhan looked around the room and realized that she was in the hospital.

The door to the bathroom, opposite from where she lay, opened and Sehun walked out.

Sehun ran his hand through his hair with a heavy sigh. He's been stressed out from all that has happened and worried about Luhan. 

It as when he looks up to where his lover lay that he saw that she was awake and smiling at him.

"Hi." She said in a weak voice.

Sehun rushed over to her and brought her into a gentle hug, afraid to cause her wound to reopen. 

"I thought I was going to lose you." He said as he pulled her to his chest.

Luhan moved her uninjured arm to hug Sehun back. 

"It's okay." Luhan said. "I'm okay."

That's when she remembered. "M-my baby?" She asked as she pulled away and placed a hand over her stomach.

"Fine. Suho-hyung said that it was a miracle that you both survived." Sehun said looking down as tears began falling from his eyes.

Luhan looked at his face and brought her hand up to wipe away the tears.

Sehun looked up as he learned into her touch. He grabbed her and and slightly turned his head to kiss her palm. He looked back at Luhan's smiling face. 

They leaned in closer until their lips were centimeters apart when Luhan whispered "We would never leave you."

That was all Sehun needed to hear for him to close the remaining space and place a gentle, yet passionate kiss on her lips.

They kissed for a good minute with Sehun pulling Luhan closer to his body. 

"Eh-hem!" someone cleared their throat, interrupting the couple. 

Luhan and Sehun pulled apart and were surprised to see Ming Yue, Taeyeon, Chen and Baekhyun standing by the door. Keyword standing.

"B-baba? A-are you well enough to be standing?" Luhan asked.

"Jie..." Chen called as he popped out from behind their mother. "You've been asleep for five days."

Luhan's jaw dropped. "Five days?!" She asked as she turned towards Sehun, silently asking him if it was true.

Sehun answered with a kiss to her forehead. 

"That's not the only news." Minseok said as she walked in and took a seat on the bed next to Luhan's feet.

"What do you mean, Xiumin?" Luhan asked confused.

Minseok answered by gesturing to the door where Baekhyun was standing with what looks like a giant standing behind her, arms wrapped around her waist.

"Y-you a-and C-Chanyeol?" Luhan stuttered as she shakingly pointed at them.

"Imagine my surprise." Ming Yue muttered annoyed.

"B-baba..." Baekhyun muttered as she bit her lower lip.

"Um... How long has this been going on?" Luhan asked still confused.

"Since Sehun's birthday." Baekhyun replied with a quiet voice. 

"That's when they....you know...." Chen whispered into Luhan's ear.

"When did you...?!" Luhan asked, shocked by her brother's sudden appearance next to her. Chen only grinned like a maniac.

"Never mind." Luhan said as she dismissed her weird brother when realization hit her like a bullet train. "and WHAT?"

Baekhyun only gave a small smile.

"Come here." Luhan said with a sigh as she opened her arms. Baekhyun walked towards her and sat on the bed next to Luhan and excepted her sister's embrace.

"You did use protection right?" Luhan asked, feeling Baekhyun nod her head. "That's good."

"'Good'? How is that 'good'? She's only nineteen!" Ming Yue yelled. He then turned to Chanyeol. "And you! How old are you exactly?"

"T-twenty n-nine." Chanyeol answered quietly.

Everyone in the room, aside from Sehun and Baekhyun of course, were shocked. Chen and Minseok had their jaws to the floor, while Luhan had her eyes wide as she pointed at them then turned to Sehun, who kissed her temple. Taeyeon was not too shocked about the couple, but she was surpised by the age difference. Ming Yue on the other hand...

"TWENTY NINE?!" He screamed causing everyone in the room, as well as the nurses, doctors, and patients passing by the room, to jump.

"B-baba..." Luhan tried to calm her father.

"Sir. I love Baekhyun and would never hurt her." Chanyeol said as he looked at his lover seeing that she began crying in her sister's arms.

"Still! You're ten years older. TEN!" Ming Yue cried out. "And Baekhyun just graduated from high school!"

"Baba.... Maybe it's a good thing for Baek to have someone to take care of her." Luhan said with a sigh.

"How? Hos is it a good thing?" her father asked.

"Think about it. It would be unfair to Baekkie that Chen and I have someone and she doesn't. I have Sehun and Chen has Xiumin. Also Chen is younger than Baek and still in high school. So.... that adds to the unfairness." Luhan said as she patted her sister's head. Luhan then turned to look at Chanyeol. 

"Besides, I can see that Chanyeol loves Baek more than he would like to admit." Luhan added with a smile.

Chanyeol opened up his mouth to ask how she knew that, but as if Luhan could read his mind she said, "I can see it in your eyes."

Ming Yue looked at his daughters then to Sehun, who nodded in return, and then to Chanyeol.

"Fine. But break her heart and you answer to me." Ming Yue said with a sigh, giving in to Luhan's reasoning. 

Chanyeol smiled his toothy smile, happy that his lover's father finally accepted him.

"That goes for you, too." Ming Yue said as he turned to Sehun, shocking the latter. "I don't care if you are my boss. Luhan is my daughter first. 

Sehun's frown then turned into a smirk when Ming Yue said that he didn't care about his job when it comes to his family. 

"Understandable." Sehun said as he turned to look at Luhan in the eyes, who smiled back at him. 

"O-Kay!" Taeyeon said interrupting the silence with the clap of her hands. "Let's leave the HunHan couple alone so that they can catch up."

"HunHan?" everyone in the room asked in unison.

Taeyeon smiled as if she didn't say anything odd and nodded. "Hun for Sehun and Han for Luhan."

Ming Yue stared at his wife as if she had two heads. "Seriously?"

Taeyeon only shrugged and grabbed his right arm. "Come on."

Once the parents left, the children looked at each other then laughed. 

"We'll see you tomorrow, jie." Chen said as he gave his sister and Baekhyun, who was still in Luhan's embrace, a hug, followed by Xiumin.

Once they broke the hug, Chen grabbed his girlfriend's hand and left the room. Baekhyun followed a few minutes after with Chanyeol, thus leaving Sehun and Luhan alone once again until a knock was heard from the door.

A head popped out when the door opened and it was none other than Yixing.

"Oh! You're finally awake!" Yixing said as she ran in to hug her friend.

"L-Lay... What are you doing here?" Luhan asked.

"What? I can't visit my best friend who was shot not five days ago?" 

Luhan laughed. "You know what I mean..."

"I was helping the kids with their rehab and thought to see if you woke up or not. You really missed a lot, these passed few days." Lay said with a smile.

Luhan raised an eyebrow. "And what DID I miss?"

Yixing blushed.

Luhan stared at her friend, wondering what was going through the latter's head.

Sehun smiled to himself and went over to sit next to Luhan on her bed. He kissed her left temple and whispered into her ear. "Hyung confessed to her."

Luhan's eyes widened as she looked at Sehun and them back to the blushing Yixing sitting on her other side. 

Another knock was heard and Suho entered the room. 

"You're awake. I thought I'd stop by to check up on you." Suho said as he walked in. He then saw his tomato red girlfriend sitting next to Luhan with her head down. "Xing? Are you okay?" 

She nodded her head causing Luhan to giggle at her cute friend. 

"You better take good care of her, doc." Luhan said.

Suho looked at Luhan and smiled his angel smile. "Of course."

As he said that, the went to check on how Luhan's recovery was going. 

"Well, everything seems fine. The wound didn't get infected, obviously because I was the one who's been checking up on you the past five days. I just need you to stay one more night and you'll be good to go home tomorrow morning. Just don't strain yourself so much. It's not good for your wound and for your baby." Suho reported.

Luhan and Sehun turned and smiled at each other.

"We'll leave you two alone now." Suho said with a knowing smile and gestured for Lay to come.

"I'll see you later, Lu." Lay said as she gave her friend a hug before leaving. 

It was silent for a while when Luhan began to giggle.

"What's so funny?" Sehun asked.

"Nothing. They are just so cute together. I'm happy that they're happy. Baek and Chanyeol, too." Luhan replied.

Sehun smiled and leaned in to kiss her. 

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" He asked once he pulled away.

"Hmmm," Luhan hummed with her eyes closed. She opened her eyes and smiled.

"Not enough." 

Sehun chuckled. "Well...." He kissed her right cheek. "I love you."

He kissed her left cheek. "pom rak khun."

He kissed her forehead. "saranghae."

He kissed her lips once again. "Wo ai ni."

The last one shocked Luhan and she smiled. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him once again. Sehun deepen the kiss and it grew even more passionate with every second, telling each other how much love they have for one another.

Unknown to them, someone was looking into the room through the window of the door. They had an angry look and clenched their fists until there was blood.

"Just you wait, Xi Luhan."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: UPDATE!!!! Finally! I've been working on this chapter for weeks!!! I hope you like this chapters! and I'm sure you guys know who the person outside the door is so I'm not going to say anything Ψ(`▽´)Ψ

Until Next Update!!!

PEACE!!! ✌三✌('ω')✌三✌

 

Glossary:

pom rak khun = Thai for "I love you"

saranghae = Korean for "I love you" [but you guys probably know that by now]

wo ai ni = Chinese for "I love you" [again....you guys probably know that]