Seven - The Deal

The Trick of the Heart

Last time:

They were about to enter when Madam Oh and Joonmyeon arrived. Taeyeon introduced herself to them and said that she is going to make a phone call then walked away.

Sehun, Kai, Joonmyeon, and Madam Oh entered the room and found Xi Ming Yue staring out the window.

 

Present:

Ming Yue turned to see who had entered the room. When he saw that it was his boss, he sighed and looked down at his hands, ashamed for what he had done.

"You have some explaining to do, Mr. Xi," Sehun began.

"I have no excuse for I have a gambling problem." Ming Yue admitted.

"How are you going to pay back the company? I doubt you have the money." Kai asked.

"I may have an idea." Ming Yue replied looking towards Sehun. "I know about your problem with your ex-wife. I over heard you talking about it as I passed by your office. I did not intend to eavesdrop, just so you know." 

 

Flash Back:

Ming Yue was walking nervously along the halls of Oh Corps.

He walked by the CEO office and overheard his boss's conversation with his family.

"She has lied to us for two years, Sehun." Madam Oh said. 

"I know that omma," Sehun replied with a sigh. "And I was an idiot to believe her."

"Oppa," Tao called. "She won't stop until you take her back. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know, Tao."

"What if you got another wife?" Tao said.

"And where would I find someone who is worthy enough to be my wife?" Sehun asked his sister. "The answer is no. Not now."

"Tao isn't wrong, Sehun," Madam Oh said. "If you have a new wife, Krystal will leave us alone."

"Omma," Sehun said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I mean it, Sehun-ah," Madam Oh interjected. "She could keep that wench away and also give me grandchildren."

"The answer is still no."

Ming Yue was surprised that his boss was facing marriage problems, but was more worried about himself at the time being. He saw Sehun's secretary Park Chanyeol coming up the stairs and he walked away.

 

Sehun's eyes widened. No one knew of this issue other than his family, Kai, Joonmyeon, and Chanyeol. 

"Your point is...?" Sehun asked as he narrowed his eyes at the man.

"You've met my daughter Luhan, right?" Ming Yue asked with a regretful smile.

"Yes, that is true," Sehun replied. "What does that have to do with..." Sehun trailed off after realizing what the man was trying to say.

Ming Yue looked at Sehun in the eyes with guilt. Kai and Joonmyeon looked at each other and then to their friend, knowing where this conversation was heading.

"No." Sehun said. "Absolutely not."

"It is the only way I can think of paying you back." Ming Yue reasoned.

"That is not an excuse." Kai reasoned. 

"I know," Ming Yue stated. "But debt is not the only reason."

"What do you mean by that?" Joonmyeon asked.

"He means that someone is after his daughter," someone said as he entered the room.

"Chanyeol," Kai called. 

"Am I right, Mr. Xi?" Chanyeol asked Ming Yue.

"Yes."

"Wait. I don't follow," Kai said in confusion.

"The casino I recently went to kept demanding and betting money on me. Every time I lose, I have to pay back the money they betted on me with." Ming Yue began.

"So you take my money to pay them back, but how are you going to pay me back?" Sehun asked clearly angry.

"They eventually found out that my daughter is Xi Luhan, the upcoming model, they thought that I could pay back the rest of my debt by handing her over to them. I don't want that for my daughter. Then my wife tells me about your visit to our house a few weeks ago and the incident from last week."

"Wait," Joonmyeon interjected. "This casino. Who's the owner?"

"I believe that Mr. Kim and Mr. Oh has already met him at the incident." Ming Yue replied.

Kai and Sehun looked towards each other and said "Kim Jaejoong."

"Bingo," Ming Yue said. "After seeing the magazine article and hearing about what you did for Luhan, I thought that I could trust you with her. That way you can keep her safe and as payment for my debts."

"The answer is still no." Sehun responded.

"Just think about it." Ming Yue said.

Sehun looked at Ming Yue for a while and eventually walked out of the room angrily with Kai following.

"I have never expected this coming from you, Ming Yue." Madam Oh said.

"I wouldn't have came up with it if Luhan was never in danger. Besides it benefits us both." Ming Yue responded then looked at Madam Oh. "I have to repay the money I stole from you, and you want a grandchild right?"

"I have never met such a person." Madam Oh stated before turning on her heel and walked out of the room with Chanyeol and Joonmyeon.

Ming Yue sighed when he was left alone in the room, he took out a picture out of his wallet and looked at it lovingly.

"I'm sorry, Luhan. Baba's sorry." He whispered as tears began to fall.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"We will try to be home for your ceremony, Luhan." Taeyeon said on the phone as a voice could be heard responding.

"I know," Taeyeon replied. "Take care of Chen and Baekhyun alright? I'll talk to you later. Bye."

Taeyeon ended the call and was about to walk back to her husband's room when she saw Sehun and Kai walking towards her. They stopped in front of her.

"How?" Sehun asked.

"Huh?" 

"How the hell did you put up with that man for the past twenty years?!" He yelled and stormed off.

"Sehun-ah!" Kai yelled and ran after him.

Taeyeon was very confused at the outburst. She then saw Madam Oh, Joonmyeon and Chanyeol walking. She went up to them to find out what had made Sehun so angry.

"What happened?" She asked them.

"You should ask your husband," Madam Oh answered and walked off.

As Taeyeon entered the room she saw her husband crying while holding a wallet sized picture to his chest.

"What happened?" Taeyeon asked the crying man.

"I'm sorry. Baba's sorry," his whispers were all she heard.

"What did you do?" Taeyeon asked walking up to her husband.

"I'm sorry. Baba's sorry." 

"Xi Ming Yue! What is wrong!" Taeyeon began to panic. She pulled the now sobbing man into an embrace asking what was wrong. It was the next words that made her realize why he was crying so hard.

"Baba's sorry, Luhan." 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: So here's The Deal (^_^) where Luhan's father finds a way to pay back his debt and also give Madam Oh what she wanted. What do you think? Even I'm against selling your own children, but in this story it will get better. Until next update.