Twenty Four - I'm Always Here

The Trick of the Heart

Sehun arrived home and went up towards his room. He entered to an empty room and saw no sign of Luhan.

"Luhan?"

"I'm in the bathroom!" was the answer Sehun received. 

He walked towards the bathroom and saw that the door was open. 

Why did she leave the door open if she is using the bathroom? Sehun asked himself.

When Sehun got to the door, he saw that Luhan was on her knees trying to get something from under the sink counter.

"Luhan? What are you doing?" Sehun said as he stepped into the bathroom only to have Luhan screaming to not come in.

"NO! Don't come in! I'm almost done cleaning and I don't want you to get cut by the glass."

"We have maids for a reason." Sehun stated. "Come on. Get up. Let the maids do it."

"I'm almost done and I don't want to bother them. They had a long day."

"Luhan, get up." Sehun said as he advance forward.

"Hey. Hey. HEY! Don't step there. There's glass!"

"Luhan." 

"Sehun! Don't step there." She said as she tried to keep said man to not step on the broken pieces of glass.

"Luhan." He said as he stepped around the glass shards.

"Get out! I'm almost done!" 

"Luhan. Luha–*[splash]*" 

Luhan stood frozen in her spot trying not to laugh. 

Sehun had apparently fallen into the bathtub full of water.

"You think this is funny?" Sehun asked gesturing to him being in a tub.

"N-no." She tried to stiffle her laugh. "Here," she stuck out her hand to help Sehun up. But Sehun had other plans.

He grabbed hold of Luhan's hand and began to puller her towards him.

"W-wait. Sehun! Wait! Let me go! Se–*[splash]*" 

Luhan stared wided eyed into space registering what just happened: Sehun had pulled her into the bathtub with him. 

"You jerk!" Luhan said as she splashed water at the man.

Sehun laughed. "Hey you were the one who caused me to fall in."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did–*[someone cleard their throat]*" Both Sehun and Luhan stopped their bickering and looked towards the door.

"If you two are don't bathing, I would suggest to come down for dinner." Madam Oh said with Tao behind her.

"U-uh...." Luhan said with a blush as she scrambled to get out of Sehun's hold and out of the tub. Sehun did the same but did so with a smile on his lips.

Madam Oh and Tao turned towards each other after seeing Sehun's smile.

"We'll meet you downstairs omma." Sehun said.

"Very well." Madam Oh said as she walked out of the room along with Tao.

"Um... I should get changed." Luhan said as she scurried out of the bathroom to the closet to change.

Sehun smirked and closed the door so that he could wash up.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Meanwhile outside the room:

"Did oppa just laugh?" Tao asked her mother.

Madam Oh smiled. "I haven't heard that laugh in years. Not even Krystal could make him laugh like that."

Tao smiled at her mother. "Come on. The food is probably getting cold."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

After dinner, everyone got ready for bed. 

Luhan, however, was hugging her teady bear and stared at the king sized bed in Sehun's room while biting her bottom lip.

"Why aren't you in bed yet?" Sehun said coming out of the bathroom.

"Um.... I don't know where to sleep."

"Just sleep in the bed. It's not like I would do something to you while you sleep. Besides, it's a king sized bed."

"Still..." Luhan said as she tried to figure out what to do. "I'll just sleep on the couch." She said when she turned to head towards the couches.

"No you will not. You sleep in the bed. I'll sleep on the couch." Sehun said from behind her. 

"B-but this is your room. I can't take your bed."

"You can and you will."

"But the couch is–" "Luhan I'm saying that you can take the bed."

"But–" "No buts. Now sleep."

Sehun guided her to the bed and layed her down tucking her in. 

"A-are you sure?" Luhan asked.

Sehun's heart skipped a beat when he saw her eyes. He gave her a smile and nodded before getting up to go to the couch.

Luhan watched Sehun's retreating figure and smiled. Soon the two fell asleep.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Ming Yue stood on the rooftop of the hospital crying.

He walked towards the side of the roof and climbed up on the wall.

He looked down.He must be at least fifteen stories high.

He moved a little closer towards the edge when the door to the rooftop opened.

"Baba?" Luhan's voice came. She looked around to find her father and saw that he was standing in a dangerous spot. 

"Baba! What are you doing? Get down or you'll fall!" Luhan called.

"I've caused enough trouble for you and your mother. It's time that I go." Ming Yue said as he looked at Luhan with sad guilty eyes.

"What are you talking about? You did nothing wrong." Luhan tried to reason with her father while taking cautious steps towards him.

"I'm sure that Sehun will take good care of you. Goodbye, my sweet daughter." Ming Yue said before jumping off the edge.

"BABA!!!" Luhan screamed and ran forward in an attempt to save her father, but it was too late.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"BABA!!!!" Luhan screamed as she sat up on the bed and saw that Sehun was sitting next to her looking very worried.

Luhan began to cry and Sehun brought her in to his arms and tried comfort her.

"Shhh.. It's okay. It was just a dream." Sehun said.

"It felt so real." Luhan said between her sobs.

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

"Baba. He didn't want to be a burden anymore so he jumped off the roof."

"Luhan. For as long as I've known your father, he is not the kind of man who would leave his family behind to suffer."

"How do you know that?" 

"I just know." Sehun answered. "It's late. Let's go back to sleep, okay?"

Luhan nodded and laid back down on the bed. Sehun was about to get up when he felt a tug on his sleeve.

"Um...." Luhan began, not sure as to what to ask the man. 

As if knowing what she was going to ask, Sehun climbed into the bed to lay on Luhan's right side. "Is this okay?"

Luhan moved closer to Sehun until she was resting on her side with her head against his chest. "Better."

She snuggled into Sehun's warmth and closed her eyes. It wasn't long until Sehun felt her breathing go at a steady pace. 

Sehun smiled and wraped his arms around her, pulling her in closer. 

"I'm always here when you need me." Sehun whispered before falling asleep. 

What he didn't know was that a smile grew on Luhan's lips.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: A bit short but really fluffy in my opnion ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡ 

I hoped you guys liked this chapter!!! 

Next chapter will possibly [keyword possibly] be up by this weekened. 

Until next update!

PEACE!!!! (○゚ε^○)v