Seventeen - Confession (KaiSoo Chapter)

The Trick of the Heart

Kai drove towards Kyungsoo's Tea House and stops in front of the shop.

He looks out the window on the passenger's side and watches as the owner of the shop work her magic. 

Kyungsoo was behind the counter making coffee for her customers. She felt someone looking at her so she looked up out the window to see a black Mercedes Benz parked right in front of her shop. 

Kyungsoo looked back down and got back to work as she smiled to herself.

 

Flashback: 

Kyungsoo was walking out of the grocery store arms full of grocery bags. 

Okay, I have 20 minutes to get back to the shop and prep everything, she thought to herself as she stopped at a crosswalk.

The light turned green and she began walking across the street. As she got to the other side, someone bumped her and she dropped the bags that she carried with her right arm.

"YAH!" She yelled at the culprit, but the guy kept walking away. "AISH!!" 

She bent down to pick up her fallen produce. As she was about to pick up the pack of cucumbers, a hand covered hers. 

Kyungsoo looked up and met with the face of a young man, a very handsome face. She blushed and pulled her hand back and the man picked up the cucumbers, as well as the other produces, for her.

"I think you dropped this," he said with a smile, handing Kyungsoo her gorceries.

"Th-Thanks," Kyungsoo replied with a blush as she took them.

"Kai~! Come on! I know a great place where we can get it on~!" a voice said from behind the man.

"Coming babe," the man replied, not taking his eyes off Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened when the new comer came. Of course, he would have a girlfriend... She thought.

Kai saw that the girl in front of him is struggling with the bags. He smirked.

"On second thought, I'm not in the mood today, Hyuna," Kai called over his shoulder.

"What? B-but you said we would do it tonight... I've waited so long after all the other girls that you f–" 

"Watch your language!" Kyungsoo suddenly yelled, interrupting Hyuna.

Kai was taken aback at the sudden out burst but smiled afterwards.

Hyuna was shocked but regained her posture when she glared at Kyungsoo.

"Who do you think you are? Kai is mine!" 

"I don't care! Just don't cuss in front of me!" Kyungsoo said as she, too, glared.

"Why you little–!" Hyuna began as she lifted her hand to slap Kyungsoo, but was stopped when a hand grabbed her.

"You will not!" Kai said.

"K-Kai! You're not defending this...... this..... this tramp!" 

"Excuse me?! I'm not the one walking the streets like a freaking e!" Kyungsoo retorted.

Hyuna tried to break Kai's grip yelling "Let me go!" and "Let me at her!" but the grip never faltered. Instead it was getting tighter.

She looked towards Kai and was frightened. Never, since she met him (A/N: which was an hour ago), has he ever given her that look. If looks could kill, Hyuna would be six feet under with the glare Kai was giving her.

Kai dropped her hand, not so nicely, and told her to leave. 

With one last look at Kyungsoo she said "This is not over!" and walked off.

"Sorry about that." Kai said with a smile. He stuck out his hand and introduced himself. "Kim Jongin. You can call me Kai, but for you I'd prefer Jongin."

"Yeah. No." Kyungso deadpanned. She turned to walked away realizing that she has 5 minutes to get to her shop and prep.

Damn! No time! Kyungsoo thought. 

"Here let me help." 

"No."

"Come on~" 

"No."

"Then how about a date?" 

Kyungsoo stopped walking and took in a deep breath.

"Why can't you get it into your head that I said no, you Kkamjong!!!" She yelled and walked off.

Kai was shocked. This was the first time someone had called him that. That was not going to stop him.

"Come on... Just one date?" 

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't date playboys."

 

You are as persistant as ever, Jongin-ah. Kyungsoo thought as she poured the milk into the cup of freshly brewed coffee, creating a leaf. She smiled at her work once it was done and had one of her employees take it to the customer.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Outside in the car, Kai couldn't help but melt when he saw Kyungsoo smile.

 

Flashback:

Kai entered a tea shop in need of coffee.

*[sigh]* Why can't Aboji* give me a break!! Kai thought to himself.

He sat down at one of the booths with his elbows propped up on the table with his face in his hands. 

The sound of a cup being set on the table caused him to look up from his hands.

"I didn't order coffee," Kai said. 

"I know. But you looked stressed enough," a voice said. Kai looked up and he saw the girl he helped out a few days ago. "Besides, seems you need it. My customers find my coffees quite refreshing."

The girl smiled and was about to leave when Kai grabbed her hand.

"Stay."

"I-I'm sorry?" 

"S-Sorry. It's been a long day." Kai said as he let go of her hand.

She giggled and sat down across from him. Kai smiled when he heard that sound.

What is wrong with me? I just met her a few days ago and I don't even know her name! Kai thought.

"I remember you," the girl said bringing Kai out of his thoughts. "You're that playboy I met a few days ago. Thanks, by the way. For helping me with my groceries."

"Y-You work here?" Kai asked just realizing that she just served him the drink.

"I'm the owner," she said with smile. "Name is Do Kyungsoo. And you are Kim Jongin, right?"

"I'm suprised that you remembered my name, considering the fact that you had rejected me the other day," Kai said in surprise.

"Even though you are a playboy, I can see potential."

"What potential?" Kai asked, clearly what the girl was talking about.

"You are loyal to your friends. Do what ever to help them out."

Kai smiled.

"But you also want someone to love. Someone who will be there for you when you need it. Am I right."

Now Kai's eyes widened in shock. 

"H-How did you know that?" He asked her.

"I can see it in your eyes," Kyungsoo answered.

Kai chuckled. "How old are you?" He asked curiously.

"I'm 23." 

"Really?! I knew you were young but seriously?" 

"What wrong with being 23?" 

"I thought you were at least 18 with the mindset of a wise person."

Kyungsoo smiled. "And what about you kkamjong? How old are you?"

"25. And stop calling me kkamjong! I'm not THAT tan!" Kai answered whining.

"You're 25 and running the KJ hotel chain and I'm 23 running a tea house and cafe. And you said that I am young. You're pretty young to be CEO you know."

"Touché," Kai replied. "Wait... How do you know that I am CEO?" 

"How else?" Kyungsoo responded as she gestured for Kai to look out the window.

There, across the street, is a poster of the youngers CEO's of the century. Kai was situated in the middle with Sehun on his left and his brother, Joonmyeon, on his right.

"O-Oh," Kai said.

"The people running that shop over there always comes here to have a cup of coffee and gossips a lot," Kyungsoo added.

Kai gave a small smile in return.

"But you know what I see in front of me right now?" Kyungsoo asked. Kai looked up at her, causing them to lock eyes.

"I see a lost child wanting a place to belong, a place to call home." Kyungsoo answered her question as she stared into Kai's eyes.

"Go on a date with me." Kai stated.

"No." 

"But... you just said..." 

"I admit that you are attractive and I think I like you. But the playboy thing doesn't settle with me. If you manage to stop, then I'll consider dating you." Kyungsoo said. 

 

It has been two years since Kai met Kyungsoo and they became pretty good friends. There are times where Kai had asked Kyungsoo out again, but was turned down every time.

A knock at his window caused him to snap out of his thoughts. He saw someone standing by his car. He got out and saw that the person was Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo handed a cup of freshly brewed coffee to Kai. When a breeze blew by, Kyungsoo shivered. It was then that Kai noticed that it was evening.

Kai placed the cup of coffee on the roof of his car and took off his jacket. He draped his jacket around the shoulders of the girl in front of him.

Kyungsoo muttered a small "thank you" and pulled the jacket even closer.

"Let's go inside. My jacket isn't thick enough to keep you warm." Kai suggested.

He grabbed his coffee and then went over to Kyungsoo. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders to keep her warm until they entered the building.

"Jongin-ah," Kyungsoo said as she stopped them at the front door. "Ask me again."

"Ask you what again?" Kai asked confused by her request.

Kyungsoo just looked at Kai, who eventually caught on what she was talking about. He smirked.

"I like you Do Kyungsoo. Since the day I've met you, there was never a day that I stopped thinking about you. You told me that you would consider dating me once I stopped being a playboy," Kai smiled. 

"Since that day, I've never touched a girl, other than my mother, Madam Oh, and Sehun's sister, who I see as my sister just so you know," Kai added making Kyungsoo laugh.

"But I'm crazy about you. I know we are friends, but I want us to be more than that." Kai took a deep breath. "Do Kyungsoo, will you go on a date with me and be my girlfriend?" Kai asked as he looked into Kyungsoo's eyes. 

Kyungsoo smiled and leaned in. The next think Kai saw was Kyungsoo's eyes closing and her lips touching his. 

"Yes." Kyungsoo whispered as they pulled apart. 

Kai couldn't hold his excitement in any longer. He pulled Kyungsoo in and kissed her deeply. He then hugged her tight.

"I take it back," Kai said in their hug. "I don't like you..."

They pulled apart. Kyungsoo looked at him confused. Kai gave her a smile that reached his eyes. He leaned in to place another kiss upon her lips.

"I love you, Do Kyungsoo." 

Kyungsoo smiled happily and wrapped her arms around his neck. She looked into his eyes.

"I love you, too, Kim Jongin," Kyungsoo replied.

They heard cheering from the building. They turned and saw the employees and the customers cheering them on. 

Kyungsoo blushed, embarrassed that they had witnesses. Kai laughed at his new girlfriend's cuteness and pulled her into another kiss. 

Kyungsoo smiled in kiss and hugged her boyfriend tighter.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: HEYO!!! Here is a KaiSoo chapter!! TBH I was writing this as I go, so...... sorry if some parts don't make sense. I hoped you guys enjoyed this. There will be other flashbacks/couple moments for the other characters later on. So stay tuned for that. 

Until next update!!! 

PEACE!!!! 、( ̄▽ ̄)V