Twenty Three - Trouble at the Hospital

The Trick of the Heart

Some time before HunHan was interrupted (ʃƪ¬‿¬):

Lay was walking around the halls of the hospital. She was on her lunch break and decided to walk off the carbs after eating so much. 

She then found herself walking towards Ming Yue's room. How come I came here? Oh well. At least I can pay a visit to Uncle Yue. She thought to herself.

When she got to his room door, however, she heard grunting and a muffled scream that was barely heard unless you're right next to the door. 

"Yixing?" A voice called.

"Dr. Kim." Lay acknowledged.

"Joonmyeon." He corrected.

"R-Right... Joonmyeon." Lay said while blushing.

Joonmyeon chuckled. "What are you doing here?" 

"Ah~ I was going to visit my uncle."

"Your uncle?"

"Yup." Lay smiled his dimpled smile and motioned to Ming Yue's door.

"You're related to Ming Yue?" Joonmyeon asked.

Lay nodded. "Technically he's my friend's father."

"You're a friend of Luhan's?" Lay nodded. "How long?" 

Lay looked at Joonmyeon, confused as to why and how he knew about Luhan. "Our mothers are best friends, so we grew up together. Why do you ask?"

"Nothing. Just wondering."

"Then, how do you know Luhan?"

"Uh.... She.... Uh...." Joonmyeon hesitated, not sure of what to tell her.

"By any chance, are you a friend of Oh Sehun?"

Joonmyeon sighed. "Yea. He's best friends with my younger brother, Kai."

"Kim Jongin is your brother?"

Now it's Joonmyeon's turn to look confused. "You know him?"

"Kyungsoo..." was all Lay said and that was when realization hit him. 

"So you are the Xing and Lulu that Soo keeps talking about." Joonmyeon said with a chuckle.

"And you must be the Suho-oppa doctor." Lay said with a smile that warmed Joonmyeon's heart.

They have been standing infront of the door for a while lost in each other's eyes. They didn't know how long they were standing there but was interrupted by a muffled scream coming from the room. Lay was the first to break the eye contact.

"What was that?" She asked.

"I don't know." Joonmyeon answered. Another scream was heard along with a loud thump.

Lay's eyes widened when she realized who was screaming.

"Uncle Yue!" Lay yelled and opened the door.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Meanwhile inside the room:

Ming Yue was sound asleep when the window opened. 

A figure entered the room as quiet as he could and walked up towards the sleeping man.

The figure picked up one of the pillows from the couch near the bathroom door and stood at the bedside.

He grabbed the pillow with both hands and smashed it down on Ming Yue's face releasing a scream from him.

Ming Yue began thrashing around causing the bed to move and hit the wall.

"Uncle Yue!" a voice was heard from outside the door.

"!" The figure muttered and pushed down harder on the pillow in hopes of ending the man's life once and for all. "Come on. Come on."

The figure was so focused on getting the job done that he didn't hear the door open nor saw a new figure pulling him away from the now unconscious man. He fell on the floor and saw a girl trying to wake the man up.

"Uncle Yue? Uncle Yue! Qǐng nǐ xǐng xǐng! Uncle Yue!" she called for the man to wake.

"Why you little..." the figure said as he got up and pulled out a knife. He went for the girl and was about to stab her when she turned and blocked him.

"What?" the figure was surprised. He then tried to hit her but was blocked again. This went back and forth for a while when Ming Yue began to move a little. 

Seeing that the girl was distracted a little, he took the opportunity and kicked the girl in the stomach and grabbed her hair.

"This is what you get for ruining my mission." he said as he pushed her against the wall and smashed her head hard. 

The girl tried to free herself from the abuse, but the man kept smashing her head. 

What he didn't know was that there was another figure that had entered right after he initially attacked the girl. The person went to check on the patient first seeing that the girl could handle herself. Once he deemed that the patient will live, he turned around to the two and saw that the girl's head was bleeding.

He went towards the figure and pulled him away and punched him hard, causing the man to fall on the ground. He pulled out his phone and called someone.

"Get me security to Xi Ming Yue's room. NOW!" the man commanded before ending the call and turned towards the girl. "Lay, are you okay?"

"Yes." Lay said. She looked towards the figure from before and saw that he was up with a knife in his hands. "Joonmyeon! Behind!"

Joonmyeon turned and managed to dodge the blade, pulling Lay with him. He placed Lay next to Ming Yue's bed and turned back towards the figure.

"I take that you're one of Jaejoong's men?" Joonmyeon stated more than questioned.

The man looked more upset and launched another attack with the blade forward. Joonmyeon twisted to the left, causing the blade to pass him close to his chest. He then grabbed the figure's arm and twisted his wrist making the man drop the blade. The figure groaned in pain and tried to pull away. 

"You know, I will not tolerate someone coming into one of my patient's room and trying to kill them as well as smashing someone's head against the wall." Joonmyeon said with a hint of venom in his voice. 

The door opened and in came the security. Joonmyeon acknowledged them entering and turned back to the man in front of him. He smirked and brought his right foot up and kicked the man on his chest towards the security. "Take him to RapMon. Tell him to call me if he has questions." Joonmyeon told the security guards who nodded in return then left the room. 

Joonmyeon heard a groan from behind him and remembered that Lay was injured.

"Lay?" He called as he bent down to see said person's injury. "Yixing?"

Lay opened her eyes and saw a very concerned Joonmyeon. "Say that again." She said in a whisper barely audible, but he heard it clearly. 

Joonmyeon smiled and repeated her name. "Yixing."

Lay smiled before she lost consciousness. 

"Yixing! Hey, wake up! Yixing!" Joonmyeon tried to wake her up by patting her cheek. He then felt something wet on her left temple. He looked at his hand and saw that it was red. He then looked at her face and saw blood dripping down the side. That's when he remembered what happened a few minutes ago so he looked at the wall. There at the edge of two walls was blood splatter. 

Joonmyeon's eyes widened and began calling Lay's name over and over.

While the doctor tried to wake the woman in his arms, the door opened and two more people entered the room. 

"What the?" one said upon entering after seeing the blood. The two looked around and saw Ming Yue breathing heavily but still alive and two other figures on the floor; one holding the other, whose head is bleeding, calling out her name. 

"Hyung!" the other person called. 

Joonmyeon looked up and saw his brother and Chanyeol looking worried.

"Chanyeol. Call Sehun. Tell him that someone tried to kill Ming Yue." Joonmyeon said as he somewhat calmed down.

Both men's eyes widened when they heard the news. 

"O-okay." Chanyeol said as he turned around to make the call. 

"Hyung?" Kai called his brother. "Who's that?" 

"Zhang Yixing." Joonmyeon answered as he looked down at the unconscious woman in his arms. "A close friend of Luhan's."

"Should we tell her?" Kai asked.

"It will probably worry her more," was Joonmyeon's answer as he stood up with Lay in his arms and walked her to the couch. He placed her down gently.

"Can you go get the nurse and tell her to bring the emergency medical supplies?"

"Yeah... sure.." Kai said as he left to get the nurse.

Joonmyeon stared at the sleeping Lay. "Please be okay."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

A few hours later:

Joonmyeon had a nurse bring in an extra hospital bed for Lay for he didn't want anything to happen to her or Ming Yue.

Joonmyeon sat next to Ming Yue's bed talking to him about a safe house for him to recover in.

Kai and Chanyeol were also in the room talking amongst themselves when the door opened and Sehun walked in.

Everyone turned their heads towards Sehun. Sehun looked around the room and saw someone unfamiliar laying in a hospital bed with her head bandaged.

"She's a close friend of Luhan's." Joonmyeon answered Sehun's unasked question. "She got hurt trying to stop the man that attempted to kill Ming Yue."

Sehun only nodded at the information. "Does Luhan knows about this?"

"Knowing Luhan, she would be extremely worried since both me and someone she sees as a sister were hurt." Ming Yue answered. "How is Luhan?"

"She's sleeping back at home. Krystal showed up and acted like she still lived in my house." Sehun said as he sat down annoyed. 

"Yeah and also that you were about to–" Kai said but was interrupted by a pillow thrown at him. 

Ming Yue just stared at the two best friends wondering what Kai was about to say. 

"Anyway...." Joonmyeon began wanting to change the subject. "We should talk about the safe house."

"I already called Yunho-ssi and told him about what happened. He said that he will prepare a room for Ming Yue." Chanyeol said.

"That's good." Sehun said. 

"Wait. Yunho?" Ming Yue asked surprised to hear a familiar name.

"You should know him. My father's butler?" Sehun asked.

"Yes. He's an old friend." 

"Well, he's taking care of the cottage my father passed down to me in the mountains." Sehun answered.

"And as I was saying before. This is the only way we can think of to keep you safe from any of Jaejoong's men and make a full recovery. Since it's in the mountains, the air is fresh and it's peaceful." Joonmyeon added.

Ming Yue nodded as he thought about what was being said. "You're right." He then looked toward Lay. "Is she okay?"

"She'll be fine. Just a few days rest and maybe a week or two off work. I already notified the rehab center about this." Joonmyeon answered.

"As long as she is okay, then that's good." Ming Yue said. 

It was silent for a while, except for Ming Yue and Joonmyeon talking about the former's recovery process, when Sehun's phone went off.

"What is it Yuri?" Sehun answered the call.

"....."

"Now?"

"....."

"Okay. I'm on my way." Sehun said before getting up from the couch and hung up. "Something came up at the office. Is there something you want me to tell Luhan when I get home?" Sehun asked Ming Yue.

"Just that I will always love her," was Ming Yue's answer.

Sehun nodded and exited the room.

"He is so in love." Kai stated.

Chanyeol and Joonmyeon both nodded as they watched the door close.

"I knew she would change him somehow." Ming Yue said.

"Wait," Kai began. "You planned this?"

"The matching Luhan and Sehun bit, yes. The gambling part, no." 

All three men looked at Ming Yue confused. 

Ming Yue chuckled. "Luhan is the most purest person I know; Yixing coming a close second. The more you get to know Luhan, the harder it is to hate her. I mean, when she was 10 she witnessed one of her friends being bullied for her large eyes. She didn't like it so she stood up for her friend and told the bully off causing the bully to second think his actions. He apologized and never bullied anyone again."

"Seriously?" Chanyeol asked.

"Well, that and she kicked the kid's ." Ming Yue answered.

"And she didn't get caught by the teachers?" Kai said laughing.

"They were there, but didn't do anything about it." 

"Dumb teachers." Joonmyeon said.

"But you know, if it weren't for that day, Luhan and Yixing wouldn't have become friends with Kyungsoo."

"Wait, what?" Kai stopped laughing and began to look confused.

"The child that Luhan stood up for was Kyungsoo." 

"That's how they became friends?" Chanyeol asked.

"That's right. It was because of Luhan that Kyungsoo gained confidence and stood up for herself.... Kai? You okay?" 

All the men looked at Kai who was clenching his fists. 

"Who was this bully and why did the teachers do nothing?!"

"Uh.... I don't really know who the bully was. As for the teachers, they just didn't care. But this was years ago. There is no point in getting angry over it now."

"You're right." Kai said as he calmed down.

"We should get going and you should get some rest, Ming Yue. You'll be transported to the safe house tomorrow afternoon. We will inform your wife on this matter as well so that she wouldn't worry so much." Joonmyeon said as he got up.

"Thank you." Ming Yue said as he watched the three men begin to leave the room.

Joonmyeon, however, stopped at the door way and turned towards Lay's bed. He walked towards her and stared at her sleeping figure.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Yixing." He said as he bent down to kiss her head and then left. 

However, neither Joonmyeon nor Ming Yue noticed the smile on Lay's lips.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: HEYO!!!! I am very sorry that this update was super late (ó﹏ò。) I tried to make it a little longer than usual to make up for it. [Tried meaning that I put in a bunch of giberish] But anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! Next chapter is going to be fun. I can see it in my mind. ٩(●ᴗ●)۶

Glossary:

Qǐng nǐ xǐng xǐng = literally means "Please you wake up". It can also be translated as "Please wake up"

Until next update!!

PEACE!! ✌三✌('ω')✌三✌