Sixteen - A Father's Love

The Trick of the Heart

"Come on!" Tao commanded Kris.

Tao was dragging Kris out of her house and towards her car. She opened the passenger seat and pushed Kris in, then shut the door. She quickly went to the driver's seat and was about to start the car when she saw Kris's hand. 

"Here," Tao said as she offered a handkerchief to Kris.

Kris only looked at the object, then looked towards the opposite direction out the window.

"Seriously," Tao muttered under her breath. She grabbed Kris's hand and tried to wrap the handkerchief around the wound to stop the bleeding only to have Kris pull away.

"I'm taking you to the hospital anyway," Tao stated and started the car. 

The car ride was quiet. Too quiet to Tao's liking.

"Listen. I think it is best that you let her go," Tao said. 

*Silence*

Why do I even bother with this guy?! Tao thought.

"You can drop me off here," Kris voice surprised her.

"I'm taking you to the hospital."

"I'm saying I want to get off here."

"Seriously. Your wound is bleeding nonstop! Do you really want to die from blood loss?!"

"You're not going to stop?" Kris asked as his uninjured hand began to move towards the door handle (A/N: what is that called anyway? Is it door handle? You know the handle you pull to open the door.....(C_C) I'm gonna shut up now.... Back to the story!), threatening to open the door.

"YAH! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Tao yelled, but Kris had already opened the door. "YAH! I'M STILL DRIVING!!!"

Tao had no choice but to pull over on the freeway. Kris got out of the car and began walking once they stopped.

This guy! Tao thought before unbuckling herself and followed Kris.

"Where do you think you're going?" Tao asked furious at how the man had nearly killed himself.

"Home."

"Not before I have that hand checked you're not."

"What does it matter to you? I just broke up with my girlfriend! This *[Kris lifts up his injured hand]* is nothing compared to the pain I feel in here!" He said as he pointed to his chest. The tears began to fall hard.

Tao looked at the guy, feeling sorry for him. 

"Okay," Tao said with a sigh. "I'll take you home. Just get back into the car."

Once inside the car, Kris suddenly thought of something else.

"Can you take me to someplace?" Kris asked.

"I am, aren't I? I'm taking you home remember?"

"I don't mean home..." Kris trailed off.

"*[sighs]* where then?"

Kris gave Tao an address and she made a turn to head towards their new destination.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

A car parks in the the parking lot of Central Seoul Medical Center. 

The car door opens and Sehun stepped out. He walked towards the passenger to open the door for Luhan. 

Luhan stepped out confused as to why they are at the hospital.

"You'll see," Sehun said noticing the confused look on Luhan's face.

Sehun grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the entrance in the parking lot. 

They walked for a few minutes and arrived at a door. Luhan's eyes wideded when she read the name place places next to the door.

Xi Ming Yue

Luhan looked at Sehun and Sehun nodded, smiling slightly.

Luhan reached for the door knob and noticed that her hand was slightly shaking until she saw Sehun's hand covering her's.

"It's okay," Sehun whispered.

Luhan gulped and entered the room. 

Ming Yue, hearing the door opening, turned to look and saw his daughter entering.

"L-Luhan?" Ming Yue asked, not sure if he was seeing things or not.

"Baba!" Luhan cried running towards her father.

Ming Yue happily embraced his daughter.

"Xiǎo Lu... Duì bù qǐ. Bàba duì bù qǐ." Ming Yue began apologizing in his mother tongue, Mandarin Chinese.

"Méi guān xì." Luhan mumbled into her father's chest. "Sehun alread told me everything."

"I'm sure that he is taking good care of you." Ming Yue said as he looked at Sehun.

Sehun's nod made all the worry he had for Luhan disappear.

Not caring for all the things that happened, Luhan was just happy to be in her father's embrace. She loved her father and would do anything for him. So when she heard that he asked Sehun to take her and the reason behind it she was hurt but forgave him anyways.

Luhan felt her father's body stiffen. He began coughing hard. Luhan, worried, went over to the intercom and called for help. 

A nurse entered and checked Ming Yue and tried to calm the coughs. 

Once the coughs died down, the nurse put Ming Yue to sleep. Luhan looks at her father with a worried expression that Sehun wanted to erase.

Sehun felt someone watching from the door and turned to see Joonmyeon.

"Joonmyeon-hyung," Sehun called causing Luhan to turn to look at the new comer.

"Come to my office. There is something I need to tell you, Luhan. Sehun can come too," Joonmyeon said.

Sehun and Luhan shared a look. Sehun saw in her eyes that she did not want to go alone so he nodded.

Joonmyeon walked out of the room and Sehun followed while Luhan took one last look at her father before closing the door and following as well.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"I'll make it short," Joonmyeon said as he sat down at his desk facing the two. "As you know I had your father scanned for any other issues aside from the gun shot wound. Through that I found something concerning."

"Wh-what is it?" Luhan asked.

"Your father has lung cancer," Joonmyeon answered. 

Luhan's eyes widened and Sehun looked at Joonmyeon with a blank face.

"H-how far?" Luhan said, feeling dry.

"It's still in the first stage, so there is a high chance of recovery if we treat it now," Joonmyeon informed.

Luhan sighed in relief. but soon thought of something that was of concern as well.

"It's the money you are worried about, isn't it?" Joonmyeon stated more than questioned.

Luhan hesitantly nodded.

"It's going to cost a lot. And with the situation your family is in, it's going to be tough."

"I'll talk about this with my mom." Luhan said after a while.

"There is no rush, but do keep in mind: the earlier we start the treatment, the higher chance recovery will be a success," Joonmyeon reminded Luhan. 

Luhan nodded and stood to leave the room.

Once Luhan was out of the room, Sehun looked towards his friend.

"Is it that serious?" Sehun asked.

"*[sigh]* It's nearing the second stage which will be tough. If we start the treatment now, Ming Yue would live a longer life," Joonmyeon answered as he leaned on his desk with his elbows on his desk and head in his hands. "What I'm also concerned about is how the family will pay off the bill. I would say that they don't need to pay a thing, but seeing the girl.... I would think that she will not accept it."

"Start the treatment," Sehun said.

Joonmyeon looked up from his hands. "What?"

"Start the treatment. I'll pay for it. If they want to pay for it, just take the money and use it as donation to the hospital or something," Sehun answered.

Joonmyeon raised a brow at the man sitting infront of him.

"Okay.... Who are you and what have you done to my friend?" 

"What do you mean?" Sehun asked confused.

"Do you know how much this treatment will cost? I don't even think you've spent that much money on your ex..."

"So?"

"You're changing, Sehun-ah," Joonmyeon said. "In a good way."

"Whatever," Sehun said as he stood and walked towards the door.

"Just don't hurt her. She's a good girl."

"Don't plan on it." Sehun said as he turned to look at his friend. "Besides, I don't even know what I feel towards her yet."

"Still thinking about Krystal?" Joonmyeon asked.

Sehun gave a slight nod and walked out.

Joonmyeon sighed and leaned back in his chair.

I hope you realize that your heart already has someone esle, Sehun-ah.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: HEYO!!! Sorry for the late update [I seriously need to set a day when I will update ●︿●] 

I hope you guys liked this chapter! 

Until next time!

PEACE OUT!!! y( ̄ー ̄)y

 

Glossary:

Xiǎo Lu... Duì bù qǐ. Bàba duì bù qǐ. ––– "Little Lu.... I'm sorry. Daddy's sorry."

Méi guān xì. ––– "It's okay."