Nineteen - The Eyes

The Trick of the Heart

Sehun drove Luhan back to her home, figuring that she needed to talk to her mother about her father.

Once he parked the car, Sehun shut the engine and went to open the door for Luhan. Seeing that Luhan didn't move, he shook her.

"Lu, we're here." 

"Wh-what? Oh. Sorry." Luhan said, snapping out of her thoughts and unbuckling her seat belt.

Sehun helped Luhan out of the car and wrapped his arm around her shoulder while walking towards the front door. 

As they approach the steps, the door opens and Amber came running down the steps.

"LUHANNIE!!!" Amber yelled. She ran to hug Luhan. Sehun had removed his arm when he saw the female coming at full speed.

"I missed you! You have no idea how much Jokwon was rambling about missing you and wanting to see you. He ended up crying like a big baby!" Amber said so fast making Luhan laugh. 

"I missed you guys, too." Luhan replied. They broke the hug and talked while walking into the house. 

Sehun was the last to enter the house, so he closed the door. When he walked into the living room, he sees Luhan being hugged by a hysteric Jokwon rocking from side to side.

"You can't imagine how lonely it was with out you!!!!" Jokwon said.

"What do you mean? Baekhyun and Chen are here." Luhan replied.

"It's not the same!!" Jokwon whined.

" it up, you big baby!!!" Amber said coming out of the kitchen with a glass of water. 

"Here," Amber handed the glass to Sehun. 

"Thanks."

"JIE!!!!" A voice yelled loudly.

Then everyone in the living room could hear footsteps running down the stairs. The next thing Luhan knew was that she is in the embrace of another person and Jokwon on the floor rubbing his . 

"I missed you!!!!" Yelled the person holding on to Luhan rather tightly.

Recovering from the shock of the sudden hug, Luhan smiled and hugged the person back.

"You know you can always call me, Chen." Luhan said.

"It's not the same!!!" Chen cried.

"He's right, you know. You're the only one capable of stopping us from arguing. Jokwon just cries when we yell around him." Said a voice from the stairs.

"And why were you arguing?" Luhan said to the person.

The person shrugged and walked towards Luhan.

"But I still missed you." They said, hugging Luhan.

Luhan chuckled. "I missed you, too, Baekkie."

Luhan looked up and saw that Sehun had walked into the kitchen and placed the now empty glass in the sink. When he turned around, they somehow locked eyes. 

Sehun saw the sparkle in her eyes. It became brighter when he saw her smile. He felt something pounding in his chest and trapped within those brown sparkling orbs.

Luhan was the first to break eye contact and pulled away from Baekhyun's embrace. 

"Where's mama?" Luhan asked her sister.

"She had to run a errand, but will be back by five. Why?" Amber answered.

"There is something I need to tell her," Luhan replied.

"Why, don't you stay until she comes back?" Chen asked with hope filled eyes.

Luhan looked to where Sehun was standing.

"I'll pick you up at seven," Sehun answered her unsaid question and walked towards the door.

"Sehun?" Said man turned when his name was called. "Thank you."

Sehun just smiled and walked out the door.

"Did he just smiled?" Jokwon asked. Chen, Baekhyun, and Amber all nodded.

"Why are you guys shocked that he smiled?" Luhan asked them.

"Well.... He is know to be a a jerk and nobody ever seen him smile, so it's just.......unusual?" Baekhyun said.

"Ohkay......" Luhan said giving her family a confused look.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sehun entered his car and drove out of the driveway. He put a bluetooth earpiece in his ear and took out his phone. He dialed a number and waited for the person to pick up.

"Yo."

"Really?"

"What?"

"Where are you now?"

"With Kyungsoo."

"At the Tea House?"

"Yup."

"Alright... I'm coming over."

"Why?" the person said sounding shocked.

"I need to talk to you about something."

"b-but, but....*[sigh]* fine..."

"See you in ten." 

"Whatever."

Sehun hung up and began to drive to Kyungsoo's Tea House.

Once there, he parked in the parking lot and entered the building. He spotted Kyungsoo and Kai being all lovey dovey with each other. He rolled his eyes and walked towards them.

Kyungsoo, spotting Sehun, got up and greeted him.

"I'll get you a cup of coffee." He said before going to the coffee bar are.

"Thanks."

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about?" Kai asked once Sehun had sat down.

"Ming Yue has cancer." Sehun said getting straight to the point.

"What?" Kai asked, surprised at the topic.

"Joonmyeon-hyung detected it in an early stage, so its curable."

"And you're concerned why? The guy stole money from you. Millions of dollars. And yet you are concerned that he has cancer?" Kai said confused as he ran a hand through his hair. "I have been your friend since we were in diapers and this is not your usual behavior... unless....." 

Kai trailed off and looked up at Sehun. "This is for her, isn't it?" 

"I don't know what is wrong with me...." Sehun stated.

"What do you mean?" 

"I don't know. Ever since I met her, she has never left my mind. And then her father sells her to me as payment for the money he owes me. Seeing her everyday...... It's making me feel something, but I don't know what. And her eyes..... those doe brown eyes..... I just get lost once I look into them. I feel trapped, captivated, lost. The more I see her, the more I want to get to know her. You know what I mean?"

Kai just looked at Sehun thinking if Sehun has two heads.

"Okay.... Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?" Kai asked. "Cause surely, the Sehun I know would never, and I mean NEVER, act like that."

Now it is Sehun's turn to look at Kai as if he had two heads.

"It sounds like you have feelings for her," Kyungsoo said as she set a cup of coffee infront of Sehun.

"And how do you know that?" Sehun asked her.

"From what I heard, you get lost in her eyes everytime you look into them." She said as she sat down next to Kai. "It sounds like your heart is beginning to open to her, but your mind is slow at realizing what those feelings are."

Sehun looked at her confused.

"*[sigh]* Only you know the answer to what you want. I, nor Kai, can tell you the answer." Kyungsoo said. "Spend more time with her. Get to know her. And as her friend, I can tell you that she is the most purest person you will ever meet."

There was silence at the table.

"That might explain why you want to help her father. She was saddened when she found out that he has cancer and you just want her to be happy." Kai said after absorb the information from his lover.

"Wait. What? Uncle Yue has cancer?" Kyungsoo asked looking at Kai.

"Luhan found out today when we visited him." Sehun answered.

"That's not good. Luhan loves her father more than anything." 

"I know..." Sehun replied as he looked down at his coffee.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: HEYO!!! Sorry for the delayed update!! But here it is!!! It was a bit rushed, so some parts might not make some sense...... (๑ゝڡ◕๑) 

Also, I won't be able to update for the next two weeks due to upcoming exams (ó﹏ò。). But once they are over I will update the story!!! (Hopefully by then great ideas for this story will come to mind!)

Well, I hoped you liked this chapter! 

I'm out! PEACE 、( ̄▽ ̄)V