Twenty - The Devil Returns

The Trick of the Heart

A car parked at the entrance of the villa and the driver opened the back passenger seat door. Madam Oh stepped out while Tao parked her car in front of her. 

As they walked towards the house, Chad came out looking annoyed.

"What's with the face?" Tao asked.

"You have a visiter, young miss." Chad said, the venom not going unoticed. "She wouldn't leave until she speaks with Young Master Sehun."

The minute he said "she," Madam Oh and Tao instantly knew who he was talking about. 

They entered the house and walked towards their living room. 

There sitting on the couch was the person they deeply despised; Krystal Jung.

"Hello, mother, Tao." Krystal greeted innocently, obviously fake.

"What are you doing here, eonni?" Tao asked, putting a lot of venom when addressing her as sister.

"I came to talk to Sehun."

"He's not here."

"Then I will wait here until he returns."

"I think not." Madam Oh said. "He will be busy taking care of his wife."

Krystal was shocked from hearing that. "What are you talking about, I am still legally his wife. He can't have another wife already."

"Well he does and he loves her very much. So leave." Tao said.

"I don't believe you."

"Believe what you will." Madam Oh said. "But if you still want be with Sehun, then be my guess. But let me tell you. He will not give you even the time of day for he has fallen hard for the girl."

"Liar," Krystal yelled angrily. She then calmed down and smiled. "Well, whatever. That girl will always be second place. I am his first wife after all. So I'm just going to take my things to our room." 

She grabbed her suitcase, that was next to her, and began walking towards the staircase. 

"CHAD!" Madam Oh called and said person, along with two maids and two other security guards, entered the room. 

They stopped infront of Krystal, preventing her from going up the stairs. 

Krystal was annoyed and tried to get around them. 

"Get out of my way!" She yelled.

"Nope!" Chad said as he motioned for the guards to grab her.

She was dragged out of the house by the guards and the maids followed with her suitcase and other belongings. 

The guards pushed Krystal on the pavement road not so nicely.

"OW!" Krystal cried. Her belongings were then thrown at her.

"Don't think about coming back here." Tao said from the doorway before turning to go back into the house.

Krystal got up and began walking to the door only to be blocked by five guards. 

"This isn't over!" Krystal yelled and grabbed her things and stomped off.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"You're lucky you and Luhan weren't home. The devil returned and began making a fuss."

"I see. Thanks Tao." Sehun said.

"No worries, oppa."

"I'll see you at home." Sehun said before hanging up the phone.

"Here is your receipt sir." A lady said behind the counter.

"Ah. Thank you." Sehun replied while taking the receipt and putting his phone in his pocket.

He was about to walk towards the exit of the building when someone called for him from his right.

"Mr. Oh?" the man said as he was wheeled to him by a nurse. "You can leave me here, thank you."

The nurse did what he said and walked off to check on the other patients.

Sehun watched as the nurse left and then turned his head back to the man.

"Are you allowed to be out of bed, Mr. Xi?" Sehun asked the man.

"Dr. Kim said it is good to get some fresh air," he replied. "Would you care to join me?"

Sehun didn't answer, but Ming Yue knew that the man had something to talk about because Sehun walked behind him and started pushing him towards the garden.

Once outside in the garden, Sehun stopped by a cherry blossom tree (a/n: Just pretend that there are cherry blossoms in Korea, cuz I have no clue if there are any. o.O) and put the breaks on the wheels of the wheelchair. He then sad down on a bench under the tree. 

"Is there something on your mind?" Ming Yue asked.

"Nothing much." 

"Why are you here anyway?" 

"Had to talk to Suho-hyung about something."

"I haven't heard that nickname for quite a while," Ming Yue said with a smile on his lips.

"Kai and I call him that....occasionally."

"I see.... That's good."

There was a long silence for a while. 

"How... How is Luhan?"

"She's okay. I left her at your house before coming here." Sehun replied.

"And Jaejoong?"

"Hasn't bothered us since I took her to my house."

"Best be careful though. Jaejoong will stop at nothing to get to her." 

"I know. That's why I want to ask your permission."

Ming Yue gave Sehun a confused look. "Permission for what?"

Sehun turned to look straight ahead deep in thought. Then a small smile graced his lips, shocking the man next to him.

Did he just smile? Ming Yue thought.

"It's the trick of the heart." Sehun only said.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought I was in love with my ex-wife. But after finding out about her lies, I thought that I would never love again. Because of that, I began to believe that every woman only loved me for my money. But your daughter says otherwise. Something about her just.... I don't know... It makes me want to protect her. Comfort her. Make her happy." Sehun said while staring ahead.

Ming Yue sat there,  shocked that his boss is talking so kindly of his daughter... Is this really Oh Sehun? He thought.

Sehun then turned his head facing Ming Yue.

"What I'm trying to say is," he began. "Will you give me your permission for your daughter's hand?"

"Wh-what?" Ming Yue asked, surprised that Sehun was asking such a thing.

"I thought you didn't like my daughter from the start..."

"I did. But the more time I spend with her, the more my feelings grow. I can't say that it is love, but it is something close."

"*[sigh]* you do know that it is not my decision to choose who she marries. But I did give her to you to protect. So technically I already gave you permission." Ming Yue said after giving it some thought and smiled.

"That is all I ask." Sehun said.

"It's getting late. Do you mind pushing me back to my room?"

"Sure." Sehun replied as he walked behind Ming Yue and started pushing him towards his room.

"Also, Sehun." Ming Yue said when they are near the room.

"Hm?"

"Call me appa or abeoji from now on."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: HEYO!!!! I am BACK!!!! kekekeke I just realized the irony of the title (`∀´)Ψ 

Anyways... I hoped you guys liked this chapter! and thank you for sticking with me through this story! Its finally at 20 chapters (◯Δ◯∥)!!!! And from the way the ideas are coming to my mind, this story is far from over!!! б(>ε<)∂

Finally finals are over!!! Now I can focus on this and my work!!!! Heehee 

Well, Until next update! PEACE! (^コ^)V

 

Glossary:

abeoji = another way to say appa