Fourteen - Explanation

The Trick of the Heart

As Sehun drove to his mother's villa, he grabbed his phone and dialed the house number. He connected his phone to a bluetooth earpeice and placed it in his ear.

"Chad. Can you get a guest room ready?"

"...."

"The room across from mine will do." 

"...." 

"Alright. I will see you at home. Thanks again."

Sehun hung up the phone and took the bluetooth out of his ear.

"So..." Luhan began. "What happens now?"

"I'm not going to force you to do anything." Sehun responded. "But I still have to talk to my mother about this."

"I see," Luhan said as she looked down at her lap.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... Just confused," Luhan answered as she looked out the window.

The rest of the drive was silent, but somehow comfortable for the two.

At some point Luhan fell asleep, tired from recent events. 

Sehun pulled into the driveway of his mother's villa and Chad walked out to open his door.

"The room is prepared as requested, sir." Chad said as Sehun got off the car.

"Thanks," Sehun replied as he walked over to the passenger seat. "Can you get the bags from the trunk?" 

"Of course, sir." Chad answered wondering why his young master brought home a girl.

As Sehun opened the door, Luhan nearly fell out. If it weren't for the seatbelt and Sehun, she would've fallen face down onto the pavement driveway. 

Sehun saw how peaceful she looked sleeping and didn't want to wake her. He took a moment to admire her until a gust of wind blew by. Seeing the Luhan shivered a little, Sehun unbuckled her seatbelt. He put one arm behind her back and the other under her knees carrying her bridle style out of the car into the house (A/N: *cough cough* mansion). 

"Sehun, you're home early," Madam Oh said as she walked to the entrance to see her son. What she didn't expect is to see her son carrying a sleeping woman. 

"And who might this be?" She asked him. 

"Xi Luhan." Was all he said as he walked up the staircase towards the west wing of the place.

"Wait, what?" Madam Oh said as she turned to watch he son carry the girl towards his room.

"Young master had me prepared the room across from his earlier, madam." Chad said.

"Prepared the room for what? Do we have a guest?" Tao's voice was heard at the door way.

"It seems that your brother has brought home Mr. Xi's eldest daughter." Madam Oh answered when she turned to look at Tao.

Tao's eyes widened knowing full well that both her mother and brother hated the idea.

Her mother nodded. "But..." 

Tao raised a brow. "But...?"

"The look in his eyes..." Madam Oh began.

"What about them?" Tao asked.

"They seem softer."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Chad opened the door for Sehun to enter.

Sehun, with Luhan still in his arms, walked towards the bed and placed Luhan down gently.

"Chad, call Luna and tell her to care for Luhan." Sehun said turning towards Chad's position near the door.

"Yes, sir." Chad responded and walked out.

Sehun turned back to look at Luhan sleep.

At least she's calm... for now... Sehun thought.

"You called for me, young master?" a voice asked from the door.

"Change Luhan into something more comfortable for her to wear. Also unpack her luggage as well." Sehun ordered.

"Yes, sir."

"Thanks Luna." Sehun said as he walked out of the room so that Luna can change Luhan.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Luhan stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes.

She sat up, rubbing her eyes like a child waking from her nap.

She looked at her surroundings, now fully awake, and nearly panicked.

W-Where am I? Luhan thought to herself.

"Oh! You're awake!" a voice came from the walk-in closet to the left of the room.

"Wh-Who are you?" Luhan asked.

"My name is Luna, miss Luhan." Luna replied.

Luhan looked around once more and noticed that the clothing she's wearing felt different. She looked down to see that someone had changed her clothes.

Luna noticed this and smiled. "Young master Sehun had requested me to change you into something more comfortable for you to sleep in. He also requested that I unpack your belongings."

"I see..."

"Are you hungry, miss Luhan?" Luna asked after a minute passed.

"Just a little. And just Luhan is fine." Luhan insisted.

Luna was surprised at Luhan's request. 

"Very well, Luhan. I will have one of the maids to bring up your dinner."

"Thank you."

Luna smiled at Luhan then walked out of the room. 

Luhan crawled out of the bed and walked around the room.

Wow... Luhan was amazed at how big the room was. Even the closet was big. Not even my clothes filled 1/3 of the place

Luhan walked out of the closet and noticed a bathroom located next to the closet.

After exploring the room, Luhan walked towards the window that over looked the driveway. 

"Luhan."

Luhan tunred to see Sehun walking into the room with a tray of food.

"I thought Luna was going to bring me dinner..." Luhan said.

"I offered to bring in instead. Besides, I'm sure you want to know why your mom sent you here." Sehun answered.

"Oh... right..." Luhan said as she looked down.

"Eat first then we can talk about it, okay?" Sehun suggested.

Luhan nodded and walked towards the couch and sat down. Sehun placed the tray of food in front of her and sat down on the couch opposite from her.

Luhan began eating and realized that she doesn't know how long she had been sleeping.

"Sehun? What time is it?" Luhan asked.

"It's 10:30 p.m." Sehun answered. 

"Oh..." Luhan said as she went back to eating her late dinner.

When she finished eating, Luna entered the room with a tray of tea. Luna placed the tea set on the table and cleared Luhan's dinner and left quietly.

"Okay... I'm ready. Explain." Luhan said.

"Are you sure?" Sehun asked, worried that the girl before him might not be able to handle the news.

"I'm sure," Luhan answered

Sehun explained the events of when he went to visit Luhan's father in the hospital and the deal that her father made.

Luhan's eyes watered from hearing that her father had sold her to his boss in order to repay the money he had stolen. 

"That's not the only reason why he did that," Sehun said as he saw the tears falling down her face.

"Th-that's not all?" Luhan asked. 

Sehun nodded and continued to explain about Jaejoong. 

"Your father knew that it is a risky deal but had put his full trust in me to keep you safe from Jaejoong."

"Can..." Luhan began. "C-Can you give me a moment to be alone?"

"Sure," Sehun answered. "If you need anything, there is an intercom on the bedside table. Luna will be your personal maid from now on. Just tap her name on the intercom and you can call her or talk to her. Also, my bedroom is right across the hall from you." 

Sehun stood up and began walking towards the door. He turned back to look at Luhan.

"Get some rest. There is a lot to do tomorrow," he said before walking out the door and closing it.

Luhan sat in her spot for a good 10 minutes thinking. 

All this because baba had a gambling problem and Kim Jaejoong.... *sigh* Luhan thought. 

Luhan looked at where Sehun once sat and smiled to herself. However, that smile disappeared as soon as it came. She felt hher heart beat faster at thinking about Sehun. 

Then tears began to fall once again. K-Kris.... Oh no....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: HEYO!!! So new update! Now Luhan knows why she must live with Sehun 米^-^米 

Now how will Kris react to this move? unitl next chapter (=`ω´=) heehee

BTW here are some images on how Luhan and Sehun's rooms will (somewhat) look like in this story. The guest room is smaller than Sehun's but it's still big ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Sehun's room:

^ window area has a balcony.

 

Luhan's guest room: 

Well see you next update!!! 

PEACE!!! 、( ̄▽ ̄)V