Incompetence.

Fallen Snow.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                Later on that day Hana found Kai sat in the giant study of the house after she wandered in there to have some peace and quiet with reading, but Kai didn’t look happy at all, in fact he looked worried and upset.

                Hana was a good and kind soul, even if she seemed harsh and cold on the outside she was a good person. She sighed as she walked towards him, making him jump as she sat on the other chair that faced the window.

“What’s wrong?” She asked him.

He laughed as he raked both of his hands through his hair “You’re being chased by a notorious mafia gang and you’re asking me what’s wrong?” He looked at her “Concentrate on you Hana.”

“It seems inevitable that I would be concerned.” She said to him “We’re going to be spending a lot of time together considering you’re assigned to this case like everyone else. Is it wrong for me to care?”

He looked at her with a startled look on his face “You don’t know me Hana.”

“I know that you’re trying your best to save my life.” Hana replied “I’ve eaten breakfast with you and dinner for a while now.”

He sighed “You’re a good girl you know?”

“You talk to me as if I’m a child.” She muttered “Luhan said we’re friends when he called me earlier.” Hana smiled to herself before she looked at Kai “If he’s my friend then so are you, and the others. Although I may not seem it and look impassive almost ninety-five per cent of the time, I mean it from the bottom of my heart.”

“Why do you make yourself seem impassive?” He asked.

She frowned “I would be lying if I said that this is the first time something bad has happened to me.” She looked out of the window “When you lose everything, what is the point in not being impassive?”

“Your brother loves you.” Kai reminded her “You haven’t lost everything; he cherishes you more than his own life.”

Hana hummed “Did you know that I lost my parents when I was four years old?”

“I knew that you lost them but I don’t know how, nor did I know that you were that young.” He sat up and frowned.

Hana nodded slowly to herself “What would you say if you knew that a four year old girl was the witness to her own parent’s death?” Hana looked at Kai.

Kai’s eyes were wide “You… You saw?”

“Yes.” She sighed “It was by far the worst thing I’ve ever saw.”

Kai ran his hand through his hair a second time “That’s not something a four year old should see, does Donghae know?”

“He knows I was there.” Hana admitted “But he doesn’t know that I remember.” She laughed awkwardly to herself “I wouldn’t speak for about a year and a half, we were passed around family members until Donghae was old enough to take care of us both. Through-out the years I got better until someone in High School somehow managed to get photos from the incident that happened with my parents.”

“Then what?” Kai asked.

She sighed “I had another break down and I haven’t been the same since, it’s hard to think that you can’t trust anyone.” She fiddled with her fingers “I’ve never really told this to anyone before but to be honest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter