Not your Type.

In The Right Place.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                I looked at myself in the mirror in the bright yellow blazer with a black trim in absolute disgust. I couldn’t believe a school thought this colour was acceptable for anyone to wear and feel okay in.

                However I was happy to find that I was allowed to wear trousers so I did. I tied my long blonde hair up and applied a little mascara before grabbing my bag and lunch before heading out the door to start at my new school.

With my new disgusting uniform.

                As if I didn’t stand out like a sore thumb as I walked to school with my blonde hair but the excessively yellow blazer piqued the interest of all the other students adorning the same monstrosity.

“Whoever decided that this uniform was a good idea was clearly thrown at a wall as an infant.” I muttered to myself as I crossed the road and spotted the school already. Being nervous was never my thing when it came to things like this. I had bigger things to be nervous about.

                Everyone stared at me and I was discouraged to see that everyone either had brown hair or black hair. Great, I definitely did stand out. I took in a deep breath and walked through the gates, ignoring all of the looks and whispers as I passed and through the front doors of the school until I was in front of the receptionist.

She looked up at me and smiled “You must be the transfer.”

“That’s me.” I answered as I resisted the urge to use sarcasm because she clearly hadn’t seen me before and if she had she’d have remembered me by my hair “Emira Lau.”

She sat back in her chair and looked at me for a second too long “That’s an unusual name.” she managed to say before she cleared and rummaged around her desk. On the counter in front of me was a key, a lock and a number. Also a map with a timetable attached to the back of it “This is your locker number, the key and the lock to it and you know what this is.”

“Yes I know.” I said resisting the same sarcastic remark on the tip of my tongue as I slid all of it towards me and into my hand “Thank you for your help.”

“Let me know if you struggle.” She said with another yet slightly forced smile.

                When my back was turned to her I rolled my eyes before I was off in search of my locker which was luckily the closest one to the entrance. So I opened it and cleared my things out except for the things I thought I needed before I had the annoying task of tracking down my classroom.

“Math’s in 4AB?” I questioned as I looked at the map, stood to the side of the corridor so no one would walk into me “Seriously? Two letters? What are we eight?” I looked up at one of the door signs and saw QR next to the number 24 “Fantastic.” I said sarcastically.

                It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the schools system because the higher numbers and letters were on the top floor and the lower were on the bottom floor so I had the gruelling task to go up all flights of stairs until I finally reached my classroom at the end of the hall.

I knocked on the door not wanting to just barge in on the lesson. The teacher who was a middle-aged woman opened the door to me in surprise “Can I help you?”

I cleared my throat and smiled at her politely “My name is Emira Lau and I’m the new transfer student. I didn’t want to just interrupt you rudely so I hope you don’t mind that I knocked.”

She was knocked for six that was for sure “That was a very polite thing to do Miss Lau. You’re clearly the new student so please do come in and formally introduce yourself.”

I followed behind her confidently, already hearing the whispers as I walked into the line of view after closing the classroom door. I turned to face the class and fought back the urge to wince at the eyesore of yellow that stared back at me “Hello my name is Emira Lau.” I then bowed.

“Nicely done Miss Lau please go and sit next to Yixing.” She said to me.

I stood up straight and I had no idea who Yixing was “Um…”

“Oh sorry.” She apologized immediately at the realisation “Zhang Yixing.”

Yixing blinked up at us before putting his hand up “Sorry.”

                I smiled at the teacher before turning and heading down the aisle of the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter