Unexpected Turn.

In The Right Place.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          My eyes fluttered open and I was staring at a faded white ceiling. A light breeze fled into the room and a few strands of my hair fluttered around in the air above my face. My heart was no longer racing uncontrollably and it seemed like I could breathe fine.

“You scared the ing out of me.” Kai’s voice came from my side.

I turned my head slowly to look at him, a smile broke out on my face “Oh Jongin you big baby.”

“I am not a baby.” He frowned at me; he wasn’t amused “Do you know how scared I was when you fainted? I thought something bad was going to happen to you.”

I felt a pang in my chest as I closed my eyes, turning my head to look out the window “I’m sorry Jongin.”

“I wanted to take you to the hospital but they said you were probably just exhausted.” Kai said to me softly “I carried you here you know?”

“Did you?” I turned to look at him again “Thanks. And I’m sorry I worried you.”

He took my hand gently “Everyone is worried. Did you really not get into a fight with that girl?”

“Believe me Jongin. I didn’t.” I assured him.

He frowned “Didn’t you sleep last night? I don’t understand it. It was like you were having an asthma attack.”

“I must have just gotten worked up.” I told him “Really Jongin I feel fine now.”

He let out a long sigh “I’m so relieved. I didn’t know what I’d do –”

“Jongin do you like me?” I blurted out, feeling my heart begin to race again.

Kai was stunned with my abrupt question and his face flared up “Emira come on we’re friends right?”

“Jongin you know that’s not what I meant.” I frowned at him.

He bit his bottom lip as he looked down at my hand in his “You’re not exactly making things easy for me.”

“Jongin answer my question please.” I pleaded with him.

Kai looked into my eyes “I’m afraid it’s much deeper than that Emira.”

           I don’t know how I managed to hold in the tears that I so badly wished to release as I closed my eyes and sighed. Because that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter