After School Detention.

In The Right Place.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                I sat down in detention and was a little annoyed to hear that the teacher would be stepping out for a moment. It took no time at all for Kai to get up from his seat and sit next to me.

“Aww don’t look so glum chum.” He said kicking back and leaning in his chair with two legs only touching the floor.

I swiftly put my hand down on the space between the chair and his leg and made him jolt as I pushed down. I snorted at him and shook my head “I think you just aged like twenty years.”

His cheeks were pink and he slowly lowered the legs of the chair to the floor “You didn’t have to do that!”

“You didn’t have to start a paint war. But you did it anyway.” I shrugged at him.

He leaned on the table and looked straight at me which was a little unsettling “Yeah but it was nice. To be carefree.”

“That right there.” I pointed at him and he frowned in confusion “That is why I’m happy I’m not living with my parents.”

He sat up and rested his hands on the table “How is that carefree though? You’re all alone and you can’t even cook.”

“I don’t care.” I answered as I continued to doodle in my book “I’d rather be alone than anywhere near them and their self-destructive path. So I may as well enjoy it for now right?”

Suddenly he looked smaller, like a child as he shifted in his chair so that he was facing me more, his knee touching my leg beneath the table “Are you telling me that at some point you’re going to leave?”

I felt a pang of guilt as I looked at him, he looked genuinely upset at the idea “It’s complicated Jongin.”

“No it’s not.” He shook his head “You’ll stay right? Tell me you’re not going to leave.”

“I can’t promise that.” I said to him “Why are you getting so upset over it?”

“I’m not upset.” He muttered as he turned to face the front, slouching in his chair with an annoyed look on his face.

I didn’t like how this conversation had turned “Hey come on I’m here now right?”

He looked at me and sighed “At some point I really want to know what is going on with your family. I won’t pry for now but in the future Emira I want to know.”

“We’ll see.” I said with a sad smile.

 

 

                At the end of the day we were both hit with what felt like a thousand questions at our absence during lunch by the others.

“You had a paint fight in art?” Yixing asked with a hint of amusement.

I rolled my eyes “You guys are enjoying this too much.”

“She literally put a hand print of paint on my face here.” Kai said pointing to his cheek, somewhat with pride.

Luhan frowned at Kai for a moment “It’s in your hair.”

“No!” Kai ran his fingers through the side of his hair “No it’s not.”

I rolle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter