Burst Ego

In The Right Place.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                I was a little shocked after my introduction to my English class to learn that Kai was in fact in my class. He didn’t even look up at me as he stared out the window in his own little world but I was not expecting the teacher to tell me to sit next to Jongin and then she pointed at the seat next to him.

He sat up straighter when he noticed that I was sitting next to him “Quite a show you pulled off at Lunch. You must be happy with yourself.”

“Sorry do I know you?” I turned to look at him with a questioning look. Yeah how does it feel not to be remembered?

His face dropped “What?”

“Do you mind?” I asked “I’d like to get on with listening to the teacher.” I gave him a forced smile before turning to look at the teacher, ignoring his presence further.

                As soon as the lesson was over I was out that door like a lightning bolt and I was glad not to see him in my next class. However at the end of the day I was stuck behind Yixing and Luhan and to my surprise they were speaking fluently in mandarin.

“We should ask her to hang out.” Yixing said to Luhan as he ran fingers through his hair.

Luhan looked at him and nodded “She’s hot right? I bet Kai is killing himself right now.”

“Even Sehun was holding back laughter.” Yixing snorted a little bit “Do you think she meant it?”

Deciding it was enough, I wedged myself between the two who looked shocked “I meant every word.” I said in fluent mandarin “And it’s kind of rude to talk about someone in front of them.”

“You can speak Mandarin?!” They both exclaimed in Korean.

I continued to walk, turning as I began walking backwards whilst smiling at them “Guys really the clue was in the name. Lau.” I then turned back around and ran off to my locker.

 

 

Kai shut my locker just as I could grab my fingers from it; I looked at him in annoyance “That is the least fun game ever.”

“Are you playing with me?” He asked with a hurt expression.

I wanted to laugh so hard as I opened my locker again “Clearly not. I’m trying to get my things so I can go home.”

“No not with the locker.” He said with a sigh “I mean do you really not find me attractive at all?”

I closed my locker after grabbing my things and turned to look at him “Honest answer?”

“Please.” He crossed his arms over his chest as he anticipated my answer.

I nodded at him before I eyed him from head to toe “You’re not that bad but if there was a room full of people you wouldn’t catch my eye.” I gave him an apologetic smile before putting my bag on my back and heading out the door.

He quickly jogged to catch up to me “Wait I wouldn’t catch your eye and what do you mean I’m not that bad?”

“You’re being a little bit obsessive over this.” I admitted to him “It’s kind of desperate. Don’t you think?”

This time he did not look happy “Okay now you’re really yanking my chain.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter