Lacking Furniture.

In The Right Place.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Anything you need urgently?” Yixing asked me as we walked through the mall.

I shrugged at him “Honestly I barely even remember what the place looks like right now. I do know that I need some bedding.”

“Are you ting me right now?” Kai blurted out “You… you don’t even have bedding?!”

“Okay you make me sound like a god damn homeless person.” I snapped at him “Sue me for not having anything other than cutlery and clothes.”

Luhan slapped a hand over his face “Okay bedding it is.”

“My god I don’t even want to know what is actually in your apartment.” Sehun muttered as we walked towards a bedding store.

                I decided that bedding was the absolute maximum of what I was actually going to buy and that I’d come back down to the mall on my own to buy everything else.

“Are you sure you don’t want to get anything else?” Yixing asked as we sat down for bubble tea.

I snorted “After how you guys reacted over the bedding I really don’t want to.”

“We’re just shocked.” Luhan admitted as he shook his head “I don’t understand how your parents could just leave you with nothing.”

I rose an eyebrow at him “Technically they left me a lot.”

“Money doesn’t count!” Kai rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh “How does your brother feel about it?”

I shook my head “Look, I really appreciate the concern but there isn’t a need to. I’m happy enough to live on my own and have my own privacy. My brother did it when he was my age.”

Sehun’s mouth popped open “What?”

“I… but…” Yixing rubbed his temples “Goodness.”

I watched them in amusement “Believe me. I chose this.”

“How did you choose this?” Luhan asked “Tell me how this is better than being with your family.”

I burst out laughing whilst shaking my head “Family. Please don’t joke.” I sighed “It was either I moved here or they shipped me off somewhere else.”

“You’re kidding right?” Kai narrowed his eyes at me “Family should come first Emira.”

“I appreciate it.” I said as nicely as possible to them as I grabbed my drink and stood up “Really I do. But I really don’t want to talk about this anymore. I’m going to go. Enjoy.” I gave them one last smile before turning around and leaving.

 

 

                Just as I got into the elevator of the apartment complex I turned around and was not expecting Kai to dart into the elevator before the door closed behind him.

He placed his hands on his knees and panted “You… you should have waited!”

“No one asked you to follow me.” I muttered as I leant against the wall of the elevator.

Kai stood up straight and frowned at me “I would not feel right letting you walk back on your own. I also would feel pissed with myself if I let you spend the rest of the evening alone.”

I shook my head with a laugh “Oh no, you’re not coming in.”

“Try and stop me.” He said folding his arms over his chest.

I heaved a sigh “You just don’t quit do you?”

“Never.” He muttered.

                We rode the rest of the elevator in silence and I gave up, I let him walk out the elevator and resisted the urge to push him back in just before the doors closed. I opened my apartment and entered whilst leaving the door open, dropping my bags off to the side along with my shoes as I shrugged out of my yellow jacket.

Kai shut the door behind him as he blinked “When you said nothing. I really expected more than just a chair.”

I turned to look at him “I’ll sort it out when I have the chance.” I explained to him “You wanted to come in.”

“Because I’m not going to feel okay with you being on your own.” He frowned at me.

I placed my hand on my hip “And do you live with your parents Kai.”

He gnawed on his bottom lip “No but –”

“Then you really ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter