Doctor Wu.

In The Right Place.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                I was not happy to be sat in Kai’s parents living room with my doctor sat in the arm chair, his giant hands wrapped firmly around a hot mug. Clearly Kai’s mother didn’t need an introduction as she fluttered off somewhere but Kai looked at the man sceptically.

He turned to me with confused look in his eyes “Who is this?”

“Jongin this is my Doctor, Doctor Wu and this is my boyfriend Kim Jongin.” I introduced them to each other.

Kai frowned and looked at the doctor “May I ask why you’re here?”

“It’s a perfectly good answer.” Doctor Wu said as he set down the cup on the coaster on the coffee table before clasping his hands together “Emira, you missed your appointment two days ago and I’m concerned for you.”

I shifted uncomfortably and Kai laced his fingers through mine “Apologies, I believe you’ve been informed of my situation.”

“I am aware.” He answered “May I check your pulse?” He stood up, indicating it wasn’t a request.

I held out my free wrist “Sure.”

As Doctor Wu gently took my wrist with his sinfully cold hands I felt Kai do the same as he did as they both pressed two fingers to my wrist. Doctor Wu looked at his watch carefully before concern swept across his face.

He released my wrist and sat back down “I think it might be best if we start monitoring your condition in a more suited environment.”

Kai released my wrist and had a vice-like grip on my hand “What do you mean a more suited environment?”

“Mr Kim you must be aware of how severe Emira’s condition is otherwise you wouldn’t be reacting the way you are right now.” Doctor Wu frowned at Kai “At this stage it’s best if we monitor and keep her on watch as her heart deteriorates whilst we desperately try to find a donor. Due to the recent events of what she is going through she’s putting a great deal of stress and strain on her heart. It’s only going to make things worse.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat “My surroundings are peaceful now.”

“Emira I am only suggesting what is best for you.” Doctor Wu’s eyes shifted to mine.

I sighed at the same time Kai did “What about the case?”

“Emira will not be present during the case.” Doctor Wu informed him “Your mother has already told me that she will not be needed because a full statement has already been written out. But you Mr Kim will be called to give verbal evidence I believe because you witnessed the abuse in action. Henry, Emira’s brother will also be present.”

Kai’s face fell considerably “But that could take hours! I don’t want to be away from her for that long.”

“Jongin, she will be okay.” Mrs Kim said from behind us and Kai looked at her with desperate eyes.

I frowned “Will I be safe?”

“You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter