Transferred

In The Right Place.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai.

                We all sat down to our first proper meal since Emira was emitted so we were sat in the canteen around a table. Most of us were forcing ourselves to eat whilst the others had already cleaned their plates in seconds.

“Mr Lau?” Someone asked, making us all turn to look at the owner of the voice.

Henry frowned “Doctor Wu?”

“Oh.” Doctor Wu came over to us and pulled out the free chair to sit down in “I didn’t recognise you guys.”

“What’s going on Doctor?” Henry asked.

I swallowed harshly “Is she going to be okay?”

Doctor Wu set down a clip board on the table and clasped his hands on top of it “I have some good news and some bad news.”

“Please tell me that she’s going to be okay.” I pleaded.

Doctor Wu gave me a sad smile “I’m aware that this is a hard time for everyone right now. Emira is in a very serious condition right now and what I’m about to tell you isn’t going to be easy.”

“Oh god.” Sehun placed a hand over his mouth.

Henry sat up in his chair and frowned “Put us out of our misery please.”

“The good news is we’ve found a donor.” Doctor Wu said and my heart slammed against my rib cage.

Yixing’s eyes widened “Really?!”

“Oh my god.” Luhan let out a long sigh.

I gripped onto my knees beneath the table “What’s the bad news?”

“It’s not in Korea.” Doctor Wu reluctantly told us “We need written consent to move Emira to America to go through an emergency heart transplant.” I felt myself go light headed “It’s a risky operation as I’m sure you’re all aware of but it’s the best facility. I’ll be with her the entire time but she needs to be moved today.”

Henry’s hand came onto my shoulder “Jongin.”

I looked at him before looking back at the doctor “How long will this take?”

“It depends.” Doctor Wu frowned “If Emira pulls through the operation successfully we will have to monitor her to make sure she doesn’t reject the heart. The healing process after that can take some time.”

“It means that she has a chance Kai.” Sehun said “I have faith in her.”

I looked at him and frowned “What if she doesn’t come back?”

“She will die without the donor Kai.” Luhan reminded me “We have to let her go.”

Yixing touched my other arm and smiled at me “She has a fighting chance Jongin.”

“So?” Henry asked “What should we do?”

I closed my eyes for a moment and sighed “We let her go.”

“I’ll get everything prepared now.” Doctor Wu said standing up “You can all go see her one last time before we fly her out. You’ve made the right decision.”

 

 

                School definitely wasn’t the same place it was to me before. Before or after Emira it seemed pointless. A pointless void without my voice of reason and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter