Chapter 44: The second attempt

Love You As Much As I Hate You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Rae Na closed her eyes as she heard the gunshot. She froze in shock. She can hear people were screaming and running in chaos. Then,she opened her eyes. Myungsoo was standing in front of her. He was smiling at her. But,something was wrong with his smile. As if he was trying to endure his pain. But, why he acted like that?

"Thank god you didn't get hurt..I'm so glad that I'm able to protect you.."he caressed her cheek.

"Myungsoo...."Rae Na's eyes started to fill with tears. She knew something bad happened to him. Rae Na managed to hold him as he was about to fall down. She embraced him closely.

Then,she saw blood on her hand as she was embracing him. Her hand trembled,she knew it was Myungsoo's blood. He was shot at his back.

Her eyes then were focused on a man with the gun. Their eyes were met. The man looked frustrated as he failed to shoot his target.

"I will not miss this again.."he muttered as he pulled the trigger.

Rae Na then turned her back at him. She wanted to protect Myungsoo. She rather get shoot in order to keep him alive. She didn't care about her life. All she could think about was him.

Tae Yong saw that man was going to shoot Rae Na and he quickly ran towards them.

"AGASSHI!!!"he pushed both of them on the floor.

Another gunshot was fired. Tae Yong was shot at his left arm.

"Guards!!! Protect President Kang!!"he ordered the bodyguards. He covered both of them with his body to protect them.

"Rae Na!!"Hyunwon called her name. He was afraid about her safety. But, he could not go towards her. The bodyguards had secured him and his family.

"Let me go! Rae Na is in danger.."he said as he struggled to escape from them.

"Young master,we need to get out from here..The others will protect her.."said one of the bodyguards as they took them away.

The man with the gun was being surrounded by the other bodyguards. They were ready to take him down. He knew it was a dead end for him.

"My secret will die with me.."he smirked as he shot himself. He fell down on the floor, not breathing.

"Rae Na!!"Jae Hoon rushed towards her.

"Grandpa..Myungsoo is hurt...He's unconscious..please save him,grandpa.."she sobbed. She didn't wanted to lose him.

Jae Hoon then quickly ordered butler Choi to call the ambulance.

"Are you okay,Tae Yong-sshi?"Jae Hoon asked him as he saw the wound on his arm.

"I'm okay,President Kang.."he replied back as he endured his pain. He stared at Rae Na. She was crying beside Myungsoo. He sighed deeply. He got shot too but she only looked at Myungsoo. He knew Rae Na would let herself get shoot if he didn't saved them just now. She was in love again with Myungsoo. So in love to the extent she would sacrifice herself just like she did a moment ago.

--------------------------------------

The news about the shooting incident became a hot topic in the news. K Private Hospital was crowded by reporters who were trying to get through as it was the place where the second heir of Kim's Corporation got treated after the gunshot.

The Kim's family rushed towards the hospital as soon as they heard about the news.

Rae Na quickly hugged Mrs.Kim as they met at the emergency room.

"Mrs.Kim...Myungsooo is hurt..I'm so sorry...it's all my fault..he was trying to protect me.."she cried her eyes out. She looked so devastated. Mrs.Kim patted her back. As a mother,she was sad and worried about her son's condition but she needed to be strong so that everyone would be strong too as well.

"It's okay,Rae Na-ah...Myungsoo is a strong boy..he'll go through with this..trust me.."she reassured her.

"Noona,don't worry..hyung will be okay.."he said to her.

Then, a doctor came towards them.

"Doctor,how's my son?"Mr.Kim asked the doctor.

"He's safe now..we managed to take out the bullet from his back. Luckily,it didn't went too far..he should wake up anytime soon.."the doctor explained with a smile.

All of them looked relieved as they heard the news. Rae Na quickly dashed towards the ward room to see Myungsoo.

Meanwhile,Mr.Kim and his dad discussed about the incident with Jae Hoon.

"Are you okay,Jae Hoon-ah?"Moon Ryung asked him.

"Rae Na was his target..he wanted to shoot her,Moon Ryung..and your grandson got shot instead.."he said worriedly.

"It's okay,Jae Hoon-ah..Myungsoo is safe right now..don't worry about it.."Moon Ryung patted his shoulder.

"Do you get to know who the man was?"Mr.Kim asked him. He was sure this was all Han Yoon Bae's doing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter