Chapter 22: Happy Birthday,Rae Na

Love You As Much As I Hate You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Rae Na's birthday was just two days away. She looked gloomy all the time. Myungsoo scratched his head. He did not know what was bothering her. She totally ignored him. He did not know what else to do to cheer her up.

She even avoided to talk to anyone. Myungsoo thought maybe the hugging thing at the amusement park bothered her a lot.

Myungsoo's POV

Hmmm..what's wrong with her?Did I do anything wrong?I kept asking that question over and over again..I kept thinking about that matter for the whole night.

The next day, after we got back from school, I let her do her chores. I do not want to disturb her work even though my heart kept wanting to meet her.

At night,I tried to look for her. She did not pick up the phone and replied my texts.

Haissyyyhhh..this Rae Na really made me worried sick for her.

I could not find her anywhere. Then,I saw Moonsoo was lying on bed of one of the guest rooms. I went in with peculiar face.

"Moonsoo-ah,what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in your room right now?"i asked him.

Moonsoon looked at me with a concern face.

"Hyung..what are we going to do?Rae Na noona keep crying since these past few days..she looked devastated. I don't know what to do."he said in concern.

I was shocked.

"What???why??where is she now??"I urged him.

Moonsoo looked at me in puzzled.

"Hyung,don't you know? Her birthday will be tomorrow. That will be her parents death anniversary too.."Moonsoo explained.

I was dumbstruck. I didn't know. How could I not know about this?

"She's in my room..she's been hiding her sadness from everyone. I think she's afraid to face her birthday. I can't imagine how she went through after all this time. Poor,noona.."Moonsoo sighed.

I looked at Moonsoo,I guess he already liked Rae Na so much for him to feel concern for her.

"Hyung,where are you going?"Moonsoo asked me as I walked out from that room.

I turned back and said,"To Rae Na. She needs me right now.."

I went into Moonsoo's room. It was almost dark. Only a table lamp beside Moonsoo's bed was switched on. I saw her sitting on the floor,crying quietly. It was too painful for me to see her like that.

"Rae Na.."I called her name but she just sat still. She don't even bothered to see my face.

I hugged her. Her face was on my shoulder.

"Please don't cry alone.. You can only cry whenever I'm here with you.."I patted her hair gently.

She slowly hugged me back,and started to cry again.

"Myungsoo....I miss them so much..I really do. They left me. I barely know their faces. It's only me and grandpa. "

My eyes started filled with tears. I could not bear to see the girl I loved suffered like this.

"Shhhh...it's okay..I'm sure they are proud to have a bright and pretty daughter like you. You got me and my family. You are not alone.."I comforted her. She stared at me with her teary eyes.

I smiled at her, hoping that my smile would cast away her grief.

"And..thank you for being born into this world, Rae Na. Since you came, my life has has been full of happiness. All because of you.."I continued again.

She looked touched. I held her hands and gently kissed them.

Then, I looked upon her face and said, "Happy Birthday,Kang Rae Na..embrace the day where you were born with happiness because I'll always be here with you as your birthday present ever.."

She cried again,but this time with happiness. Not sorrow or grief. I was relieved. She finally smiled. I can see her pretty smile again.

"Thank you,Myungsoo..This means so much for me. "she said to me.

"Just promise me don't ever cry alone. I'll protect you with all my life. I promise. "I said with a smile.

Then,I accompanied her until she fell asleep on the bed. She held my hand so tightly even when she was asleep. As if she did not wanted to let go. I let myself laid beside her, watching her asleep was a peaceful moment for me. No matter what happened, she is mine. And mine only.

Author's POV

Jae Hoon arrived at early in the morning with Tae Yong and butler Choi to pick up Rae Na. They went to visit Rae Na's parents at the cemetery. They did this every year on Rae Na's birthday.

Jae Hoon immediately hugged Rae Na as soon as he saw her.

"My Rae Na,grandpa miss you so much. Look at you..you look so thin right now.."he said with a smile.

Rae Na smiled back. She looked fine. She remembered what Myungsoo had said yesterday. His warmth words still fresh in her mind. It was a wonderful moment. Myungsoo managed to capture her heart and turned her grief into happiness. She realized that what she felt at the moment was love.

"I'm okay,grandpa.. No need to worry about me.."she tried no to let her grandpa concerned about her.

Then, she left with him.

At the cemetery, grandpa and Rae Na gave their respect to the late Kang Jae Hee and Song Risa.

Jae Hoon started to get teary but Rae Na comforted him.

"It's okay,grandpa. Mommy and daddy will be proud of you because you are keeping your promise to them. You are taking care of me too well,grandpa. And thank you for that.."Rae Na kissed Jae Hoon's cheek.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter