Familiar

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

 

 

“Surprise!”

“Hy? What are you doing here?”

“Visit you and also to bring you out!” Hy walked in. “Hello grandpa, hello grandma. How are you?” she greeted my grandparents.

“Ohh, Hy! You are hear my child. We are fine! Thank you.” Grandma responds and smiled brightly.

“Good to hear that! Ohyes, can I bring Eun Hae out later? She will be safe with me. I promise.”

“Aishee. Ofcourse you can! We also don’t want to see her at home every day.”

“Grandma~” I whined

“Okay, great! She will be mine today!”

“Pfft… What is this?!” walking back to my room with Hy following closely behind. “Close the door.”

“Eun Hae ya, you can’t go on like this. Now get change. I don’t want to see the sloppy side of you. We are going somewhere.”

“But where?”

“Don’t ask. Just do what I say… NOW!” she snapped.

“Ohh kay. But at least tell me where we are going so I can get dress!”

She went through my wardrobe and got me my mini dress which I hid at the far back of the wardrobe.

“This would do. Now, please get change.”

“Fine, you have to go out.”

And she walked out.

 

“Is Eun Hae alright? She is like this after Kevin went off.” Grandpa asked Hy.

“Well, I don’t think so… That’s why I am bringing her out. I don’t want her to be like some zombified human. And believe me, after today she will be the cheerful Eun Hae that we know.”

“Thank you Hy.”

“It’s okay grandpa. Remember to eat your dinner right?” Hy smiled.

 

Putting on the mini dress and slapping on some light makeup, I picked up my bag and proceed on wearing my heels. Looking into the mirror, I tried to force out a smile. A fake smile though.

“Hy, we can go off now.”

“Oh, okay! Got to go bye grandma and grandpa! I will drop by soon.” She bow before heading towards the door. Me too, bow and walk right after her.

“Hope she will be fine.” Grandma said sighing.

 

“Can I know why are we here?”

“To relax my dear! Quick!” Hy pulled me out of the cab and walked towards the main entrance of the club.

It’s so noisy. Music booming, people dancing. I feel so out of place.

“Hey, Eun Hae, hold on to me, don’t get lost.” Hy pulled me along with her till we reached almost the back of the club where the sofas are. I seem to spot a few familiar backview.

“Hey guys, look who’s here!” Hy shouted.

“Eun Hae! You are here! We finally get to see you! Have a seat.” Jonghyun and Dongho moved aside and gave the two of us some space.

“Ya, take a break. Let’s get down to the dance floor!” Jungshin exclaimed passing us each a glass of drink.

“It’s okay, you all go down first, I will join you all later?”

“I will stay with her first.”

“Well if you wish to. Come down real quick kay?” The 4 of them walked towards the dance floor.

“Eun Hae, don’t be so gloomy, okay? Kevin just went overseas for a month. It’s not like as if he is gone forever!”

I turned away drinking my drink.

“I am sure Kevin doesn’t want to see you in this state right?”

“Remember to smile and laugh often…” Yea, Kevin doesn’t want to see me in this state and I promised him I will smile and laugh. But…

“You think about it. Come down and join us once you are ready.” And she walked towards the dance floor finding the guys. I continue sitting there and drink.

“Right, I should be happy and smile. He won’t be glad seeing me in this state.” I gulp down the rest of my drinks and headed down to meet them.

“Hey guys!”

“Eun Hae you are down, let’s dance!” Minhyuk shouted.

I started to sway along with the beat and slowly I found myself dancing like there’s nobody’s business.

 

“Great, she is finally letting loose of herself. Quick let’s bring out our Part 2.” Hy gathered the 4 of them.

“Roger!”

 

Not knowing what happen, I continue to dance but of course avoid those flirty eye contacts.  Suddenly out of nowhere a hand slid down my arm and turned me around. I couldn’t balance myself well and crashed into his chest.

“Oh, what are you…” I tried to push the person away but to no avail. He hugged me tightly.

“You… Let me go!” I tried to struggle my way out of the person’s embrace.

“Haish… It’s just awhile and you don’t remember me.” The person whispered into my ear.

The voice… It sounds familiar. The smell too… I finally registered the smell. It smells familiar. And the hug…