What if...

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                                       

 

I walked around the school compound trying to find her shadow but to no avail. Tried calling her phone, but it’s off. I sat down under the tree thinking where would she run to.  The weather today is quite chilling and once again, she forgets to bring her sweater out. What if she caught a cold? What if… what if…

Suddenly, I stood up. “I think I know where she is.” I ran out of the school and towards the bus stop where I last found her sitting there, tearing.

 

 

I kept running and running with tears dripping down my face. I ignore the curious looks casted by the passersby.

“What is he? Why did he say something that mean? Even if he’s angry, he shouldn’t say something like that! That’s...Too much. Is my effort really in cognizable?

I have no idea how long have I run. I am so exhausted that I sat down. It was the bus stop. The same place and seat. Seriously? Do I really like this place so much? Still, I sat there, letting the cool breeze blowing. It helps in clearing my mind and let it settle. But, it’s too quiet and it makes me think back and tear up again. How I wish someone was here comforting me. That would be great. I wish…

 

 

I ran towards the bus stop. I saw a person sitting on the bench there, hunching over and cry.

“It must be her.”

I fasten my steps and sat next to her. I wrap my arm around her shoulder, giving her comfort. She raises her head and look at me. I didn’t say anything and smiled at her, patting her shoulder at the same time.

“Will I really be replaced?” she asked, sniffling.

I shook my head and said “No, you won’t. We would not let you be replaced. Hyung is just angry. He’ll be alright by now.”

She didn’t say anything but to continue weeping. I hugged her, afraid that she might get a cold from this cold wind blowing.

“Why would I like him in the first place? Isn’t it better if I liked you?”

I didn’t say a word. Should I be happy or not when I heard what she says. I continue hugging her and the cold wind continue blowing at the both of us. If the both of us are a pair, this scene would be so romantic… but we are not...