It's time to say

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                      

                                      

 

 

“Hummm, what should I wear? This? Nahh..How about this? Arggg!” I tried fitting on the clothes but nothing really make me pleased. Finally I decided to wear a simple high collared black blouse which goes with a short and leggings. I did a simple updo to my hair and put on some light makeup. Smiling to myself, I wore my white trench coat and picked up my matching handbag before heading to the doorstep. Putting on my boots, my grandparents suddenly pop out from nowhere.

“Eun Hae ah, enjoy your date. It’s okay if you come home late!”

“Grandpa!”

I bid goodbye to them and stepped out of the house.

 

Putting on my skinny black jeans with a grey blouse. Styling up my hair and make sure every strand is in place before I put on my black trench coat and black boots. Looking into the mirror, I smile to myself. Feeling excited to meet her later.

“Remember to tell Eun Hae”

Those words keep ringing in my mind. My smiles gradually disappear. How am I supposed to tell her? She would be so disappointed if she knows the reason behind today’s date. /sigh/

But still I decided to shake off this negative thinking and set off. Alright, 1:59. 1 more minute. I can hear some noises and mumbling inside. I foresee Eun Hae is coming out soon, so I pat my coat and get every strand of hair in place again.

The main down just swing open.

“Hey!” Eun Hae came walking out of her house beaming.

“Oh, hey!” I walked towards her and gave her a hug.

“Where are we going today?”

“You will know.” And I pulled her with me.

First stop: Yeouido Park

Riding on a tandem, both of us are laughing heartily when the breeze blew on our faces. I can hear Eun Hae laughing at all the jokes I cracked.

“You know what? I would miss your laughter when you are not around me.”

We took a stroll afterwards, savoring on the ice cream we bought. We sat down at a nearby bench and started chilling and chatting till the sunset.

“Are you hungry? Let’s head to the nearby restaurant and grab a bite.”

“Uhhh… Why not we… head over somewhere else and have some street food? It’s been long since I snack on them!” she suggests.

“Good idea! Let’s go! Ddeokbokki, wait for me~”

 

“Wah! I want this… and this too! Ohh yummy yummy!” Before Kevin could even pay for it, I have already run to the next stall.

“Hey! Wait!” He shouted. He ran and grab my wrist before I can run to the next stall opposite. “Eun Hae ah… Are you sure you are able to finish eating ALL of these?” he questioned, holding up the bags of food we bought.

“Hehe! I guess I am able to? I am so happy today that I can eat an elephant!” I exclaimed. I saw his expression drop, but decided to ignore it.

We spend the next moment munching on the food we bought and walking down the streets looking at those food and fascinating stuff.

“Ahh! I am so full now!”

“I thought you said you can eat an elephant?”

“Ehhh… Next time. Bring me out often!”

 

“Ehhh… Next time. Bring me out often!”

Upon hearing this sentence, my expression drops abit. I am willing to bring her out EVERYDAY, but how am I going to tell her I am going to Canada for a week or even longer?

“Kevin ah… Kevin…KEVIN!!” she shouted.

“Ohh…y..yes?” I came back to sense instantly.

“What are you thinking? You are staring out to space.”

“N…nothing. Nothing.” I replied.

“Orh hor!”

“What?”

“You are thinking of another woman!” she pouted.

“Eh? Of course not! I must be insane if I do.” I explained quickly.

“Heh? I am just joking! Don’t be so tensed up!”

“Tsk! Alright, it’s going to be late. Let’s head to our last stop… The Namsan cable car. I heard the view at night would be splendid!”

We quickly head to our final destination and bought our tickets.

“Here you go sir, have a nice ride.” The ticking lady handed us our tickets cheerfully.

“I will tell her now.”

We are lucky to have the whole cable car to our own. She was walking round the cable car obviously amused by the beautiful night scenic. I took in a deep breath and call out for her.

“Eun Hae ah.”

“Hum?” She turned around and looks at me.

“I…I…” I stuttered. I lowered down my head, not able to face her directly. I know she would be worried for me. She walked towards me and sat down, with her left arm resting on my shoulder.

“What happen?” she asked, concern.

“I’ve… got something to tell you.”

“What is it? Go ahead.”

“I…I would have to go back to Canada for a month or more…” I finally broke the news to her. I can feel her hand sliding off my shoulder...