Unlucky

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

 

…“This person!” I gasped. Both of them turned and look at me. From their facial expression, it seems that they are surprised!

 

Brushing off the surprised look from his face, Kevin shouted “Hey hyung! You are here! That’s early!”

What?Hyung? Don’t tell me…

“Oh, Eun Hae, I forget to introduce to you. He is my cousin Yonghwa. And hyung, I just found out she’s our new neighbor Eun Hae!” he started to introduced the two of us unaware the awkwardness feeling the air. “Did I tell you she met a very rude and irresponsible person outside her house? This person knocked onto her and didn’t even help her up and just apologized and went off! Gosh if I were to see him I will make sure I punctured his bicycle wheels. Right hyung? Hyung!”

 

*cough* “Erm haha! Well of course you should do that. Th..that person is totally irresponsible. A total jerk.” Stealing a glance at Eun Hae who is trying to stifle a giggle.

Tsk, this guy is talking way too much! Can’t he just shut up for a moment! This is so embarrassing!”

 

“Anyway quit talking, we are late for class!” Yonghwa shouted with an annoyed voice.

“Right!” looking at his watch and looked up at me “I think we should get going, we are LATE! See you around in school later~” Before Kevin could finish what he want to say he’ve been dragged away by Yonghwa.

 

Looking at my own watch, I started sprinting to class with that speed I guess I am able to win a gold medal during Olympic. Upon reaching my class, I peeped in and saw students talking to one another and no teacher in sight. Heaving a sigh of relieve I reached for the door handle to just realized why am I not carrying anything?

 

“I brought it out today. Where is it?..Ahh! Kevin had offered to help me with the gayageum and he forgets to return it to me! How am I going to perform later? I am so dead!”

 

How can a person be so unlucky early in the morning?

“Aren’t you going into the class?”

It’s my mentor and she is also the in charge of today’s lesson.

“And young lady, may I know where is your gayageum?” tapping her feet impatiently.

I am really dead meat this time..aishee”

 

“Hey Kevin, what are you holding on to?” Yonghwa asked with a very curious voice.

“Ya you are right, what are you holding onto? It looks like a gayageum. Shouldn’t you be playing the piano? Why? Getting a transfer to the traditional arts department? Haha!” This time round it’s Jonghyun.

 

“NO! I am not transferring nor am I going to learn this!”

“She said it’s important for her first day of class. What is she gonna do when it is with me?”

“Stop racking your brain and think. Just bring it to her now since it looks important to her.” Yonghwa said in a cool and steady tone.

 

“Right” Kevin quickly hugged the gayageum and run towards the Korean Traditional Art block. The way he hugged it is like him hugging a very precious thing and is afraid that it might get damaged. In short, he is handling it with care.

 

“I am so sorry.” I bowed my head and apologized. Upon hearing the commotion outside, the students started to gather near the window and peeped out. They were all whispering and mumbling something.

 

“Don’t you know you HAVE to bring it for the first lesson? You are going to be performing first and now what are you going…” she has no chance to finish her sentence as she was cut off by the screaming of the students.

 

“Ahhh!! Oppa!! Kevin oppa!! Ahhh~” the students continue to shout. I was taken aback by the sudden shouting. I was not shocked because they are able to shout for so long and loud. I was shocked because they shouted Kevin oppa.

“Phew I hope I was on time to deliver this to you!” passing me my gayageum and turned to face the teacher. I can hear mumblings again. “Mdm I hope you won’t mind but this is the last time this will happen. I forced her to teach me about gayageum but then she accidentally left it with me.” Once again he flashed his million dollar smile. I mouthed “Thank you” to him.

 

“Oh, it’s alright! You know her *turned and point at me*?” Her mood totally has a 360 degree change. How can that happen?

“Well, since there’s nothing else then I will head back to class. Good day mdm!”

“Such a well mannered guy. It’s a total different from his cousin! Anyway his cousin is called Yong..Yong..argh forget it! Who cares?”

 

He turned and bid goodbye. Just before he is about to leave, he came closer to me and whisper something. My eyes instantly widen once I heard what he said but he only smiled and ran off leaving me rooted to the ground.

 

“What??”