D-Day

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                                   

 

The D- Day.

Everybody is busy preparing for the big year end show. The different acts come together for the final time for a full dress rehearsal to perfect their roles. As per normal, we can see a big group of girls standing at the side. Well, no need to say, they are the boys’ fans.

“Seriously? They came so early to support the guys? I am so jealous!” Hy whispered.

“You need not be jealous. From what I see, it might not be that good. Imagine, a group of people chasing after you. Gosh! This is tiring!” I replied, eyeing at the group of girls.

“Don’t be jealous of us Hy. Sometimes we had a big headache because of them.” Jungshin said slapping his forehead and growl. We giggled.

“Are the 3 of you listening!” Mr Huh shouted. We immediately gave him a serious looked and nodded our head.

“This is the final round where we can perfect everything. Don’t fool around! Get in position now.”

“Ha! Got scolded!” Minhyuk laughed at us.

“Mr Kang! Do you have any problem?”

Upon hearing this we laughed loudly. “Well, Mr Kang? Hahaha!” and we make our way to the backstage.

An hour or 2 later…

Finally we are done with our final rehearsal. Now we have 5 more hours to go before the actual show commence. During our break, the fans were busy showering the boys with water, towel and such. They even prepared some light snacks for them! So both Hy and me walked to the corner and sat down.

“This is for the both of you.”

We looked up. It’s the annoying girl from our class. WE both looked at the lunch boxes in her hand and back to her.

“Rest assures, I won’t poison your lunch box. Even if I hate you, I also won’t want the 2 of you to spoil the whole show because the both of you are just... nobody.”

“Excuse me! Look what she is talking!”

“Erm hem! May I say something? First of all, we know that we are just NOBODY, so thanks for reminding us again. Secondly, it’s for sure that the both of us would not spoil the whole show tonight and I will guarantee you that the whole show would be fabulous. Don’t believe me? Stay and watched.”  With that I took the lunch boxes from her and pulled Hy along with me.

“Before that, thanks for the food.” And we turned and walked off.

*Clap clap clap* “Woah you are really something! I have known you for so long, this is the first time I have seen such a scene from you. Nice one!” Hy said and put her arm around me.

I smirked. “ How do I look and sound just now?”

She said nothing but give me a thumbs up.

 

 

I saw the way how she answered the annoying girl. I wanted to give her a round of applause. I guess hyung also wanted to.” – DongHo

“Woah! Eun Hae! Fabulous reply. Right at her face man!” – JungShin

“Just one word. Awesome!” – JongHyun

*Jaw drop* “I’ve no idea she had such a temper. I am totally mesmerized by her character!” – Minhyuk

“Our little girl finally grows up. I am so proud of you.” – Kevin

“This is why she will attracts me.” – YongHwa.

 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen. Now, let the show being.” The light went off.

People are running about at the backstage and performers are at their own dedicated waiting room, waiting to be up on stage when it’s their turn. I decided to walk around. I walked out of our waiting room and towards the vending machine to get myself a drink to chill. I happen to bump into Kevin who was also at the vending machine getting himself something.

“Hey!” I patted his shoulder. He jumped abit.

“Woah, you scared me.”

“Opps, sorry! Haha!”

“Getting yourself something?”

“Yup. And you too uh.”

“What do you want to drink? My treat.”

“It’s alright. I don’t have any preference either.” I started looking at the vending machine to see what the available drinks are.

“Well since that’s the case, let’s get this.” He put the coins in and pressed the button.

*Plop* chocolate latte.

“How’s it?” he smiled and passed it to me.

“Oh! Nice. Haha How much is it?”

“Don’t! Don’t pay it back to me. It’s my treat alright.”

“But…”

“But if you want to pay back, it will be fine with me. But not through money.”

“Uh?”

“I am nervous right now. Can you give me a hug?” he requested.

“A hug?”

“Yup. But if it’s awkward for you then… I’ll understand.”

“It’s not that case.”

I took in a deep breath and gave him a big hug.

“Whoa although this guy looks slim but then, he is kind of warm and kind of secure too.”

 

 

My heart fluttered when she gave me a hug. It doesn’t makes me feel relax. But in turn makes me feel even more nervous. Her hair smells nice and the warm and comfort she gave me, it’s priceless. I just feel great and kind of… in heaven. I pull out of her hug and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. I blushed immediately after I did that.

“Thank you.” I take in a deep breath. “See you in the waiting room.” And I went off quickly, leaving her standing there.

Well after I have walked off, I feel kind of excited and happy. She is like an energy booster.

 

 

I was kind of shocked. I’ve never expected him to kiss me, even though it’s on the forehead. But… Just before I can describe my own feeling, I heard footsteps approaching.

“Isit Kevin again?

I closed my eyes and turned around. The next thing I know when I open my eyes is whereby I saw a human figure in front of me. I tilt my head a little to see who the person is standing in front of me. It’s YongHwa.

“Hey there.”

“Umm, hello. Getting a drink?”

“Yup, are you gonna get one more?” he asked looking at the can I am holding to.

“Oh! No I am done. Just about to leave.”

“Alright.”  He stepped ahead of me and proceeds on looking at the choice available.

“Well, see you back there!”

“Hey wait!” Just before I am about to walked off, he called out for me. I stopped and turn around.

“Can I ask a favor from you?”

“Yea sure. What’s it?”

“Can I hug you for a while? I just need a hug.”

I stood there looking at him. He walked towards me and pulls me in for a hug.

I gave him a hug back. This hug feels different. I don’t know how to explain it. But it feels totally different.

He pulled out from the hug a minute later. He patted my head and thanks me. Well, once again, I was left standing alone there. I gave them a hug and make them feel less nervous. Then who will be there for me to hug and make me feel less nervous? Gosh now I feel my heart is going to explode any moment!