Jealous? Or not.

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                                   

 

“Why am I feeling like that? Nah, it must be that I am too worried about her just now. Yea, it must be. Okay, I will walk out as if nothing had happened and greet them.”

So, I took in a deep breath and walked out from my hiding place.

“Hey! Hello!” I said.

“Hey! Why are you walking outside at this time?” now, it’s YongHwa’s turn to ask.

“Well, it’s been so quiet and boring at home, so I decided to come out and have a walk. Ah, why aunt isn’t at home almost every day!”

“When have you seen my mum, which is also your aunt staying at home almost EVERYDAY? Her schedule is so packed. I guess 24hours per day is not enough for her.”

“Well, true enough. Haha! Where have the both of you been?”

“Park! For ice cream feast!” Eun Hae answered, helpfully.

Okay, I have to admit. This weird feeling of uneasiness had come back. I have to get rid of this feeling as soon as possible.

“Ha, I see. Woah! Thanks a lot uh guys, you all ate without me!” I said, half jokingly.

“I’m sorry, but…” Eun Hae didn’t have the chance to finish her sentence where Yong Hwa cut in and say “Just happen to see her around and asked her out.”

“But…”

“What but?”

I happened to see him giving her an eye signal which somehow symbolized “Stop asking”.  

“Erm hem, well in that case, both of you owe me one.”

Well I was smiling to them but in fact deep down, I felt hurt.

 

 

“Just happen to see her around and asked her out… Just happen to see her around and asked her out.”

I lie down on my bed and recall what he had just said earlier on.

“Just happen to see her around and asked me out? Who’s the one who came pressing my doorbell and asking me if I want to eat the ice cream or not! Do I even look like I am very free and walking around doing nothing? What is this?!”

I got up and walked towards the study table and picked up the photo on the table. It’s a group photo which we took last week during our outing.

“Idiot! You make me sound as if I am just somebody whom you happen to see me on the street and picked me up and go! Wait, why am I so pissed off? It’s just a small matter, right?”

I sat down and pounder over the question.

 

 

I walked back home with him following behind silently. I stopped in front of the main door and turned.

“Kevin, have you eaten?”

No reply.

“Kevin. KEVIN!”

“Uh? Yes?”

“Are you alright? I was asking, have you eaten?”

“Oh, yup I’ve already ate something just now. Hyung, let’s have a talk over some drinks okay?”

I knew it. I knew he would want to have a talk with me, but over what? Ji Yeon or Eun Hae?

“Alright.”

He walked into the kitchen when he got into the house and grab a few cans of beer from the fridge.

“So, what you want to talk about?”

“Ji Yeon.”

“Oh, I see. What do you want to know?”

“Are the both of you alright?”

“Sure we are. Do we look like we are not to you?” I laughed.

“Be serious hyung.” He said in a serious tone.

“Alright alright. We went to the old place as she wanted to chat but then in the end she got a phone call and went off. The end.”

“That’s all? You are hiding nothing?”

“Yes. What’s more do you want?”

“Nothing much.” And he started to gulp down the cans of beer.

“I am sorry Kevin. I lied to you just now. I didn’t meet Eun Hae by chance. I went to find her personally.”

I knew how he felt just now when he saw the both of us together. This is exactly how I feel 2 years back when I saw how Ji Yeon and her boyfriend are talking and walking together sweetly. I had the exact expression, body language and such. It’s almost the same as how I looked at Kevin just now. It’s because back then, I am jealous.