I think my mind is not functioning well...

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

“Are you thinking that he’s such a poor guy? Got dumped by someone which he shouldn’t fall in love with in the first place?”

“Well, maybe?” I let out a nervous laugh.

“Haish, anyway…”

He was cut off by a phone call.

“Hello… Ah yes, yes, Isit? He was at home before I got out. Oh okay. Yup.  Alright then I will let him know. Okay goodnight.” And he ended the call.

“Who is it?” I asked curiously.

“It’s my aunt, she called to say that she will be at her hometown for a week and she asked me where’s hyung. I thought he was all the while at home? She can’t get through his phone. Nevermind I try calling him then.” He shrugged.

A few minutes later…

“How’s it?” it’s been the 5thtries but he still can’t get through.

“Something isn’t right. I think we should go home now.” He suggested.

“Alright, I will come with you.”

We flag for a taxi and got home.

“Ohya remember, those things I’ve told you, remember not to mention it in front of him. Okay?”

“Alright. The secrets will be safe with me.” I smiled

“Thanks a lot!” he winked

Not long later, we reached his doorstep, he paid for the fare and quickly ran into the house and I followed behind.

“Hyung! Hyunggg! YONG HWA!” he went shouting when he got in.

“Nobody around?” I asked helpfully.

He just shook his head and walk towards a room which I believe is Yong Hwa’s room.

“Hyung! Are you alright?”

I rushed into the room upon hearing Kevin shout.

“What happen?” All I saw is Kevin kneeling next to Yonghwa who is lying on bed covering with sweats.

“He’s having a fever.” He took the ear thermometer out.

“What should we do…” I panicked. Seriously, I have not been in such situation before cause every time when I am sick, grandma and grandpa will look after me. I’ve got nothing to worry about. But now…

“It’s okay, I’ll go get him some medicine and a bucket of ice water too subside his fever. Meanwhile you stay with him and see what he need.” He rushed off to the kitchen then.

I walked towards him and sat down beside his bed looking at him.

“Haish…”

“brrrrr…brrrr”

I took my phone out and realized it’s calling from my home and I answer the phone.

“Where are you?” It’s grandma.

“I am at Kevin’s house, Yonghwa is sick so I am helping him to take care of him. I might stay over there if there’s a need.”

“Oh, tell him get well soon! Alright then, be safe. Goodnight!”

“Goodnight!”

“Stay safe? Of course I will be safe. Will I be in danger when I am here?”

I chuckled.

“Ji Yeon ah, Ji Yeon. Why must you contact me now. I am trying very hard to move on, but you just halted me decision.” He murmured.

“Silly, you are the one who hinder yourself from moving on, not her. Forget about her.” I whispered.

“Here! Quick help me with it.” Kevin came rushing in with a tray of things.

I stood up and went over to help him. I squeezed the towel and placed it on Yonghwa’s head.

“Hey, it’s getting late, you should head home soon.” Kevin asked concern.

“It’s okay, I have already told my grandma that I might stay overnight and she had agreed. Well one more person to help you and you can get things done quickly. Right?”

“Well, since you insist haha!”

We sat down together and chatted and chatted and chatted.

*yawn*

“Hey maybe you want to get some sleep? It’s 2am.” I suggest.

“Then how about you?”

“Nah no worries, I am still awake. Go ahead, if something happen I will for sure wake you up! Go, goodnight!” I pushed him into his room.

“Well, okay than goodnight! *yawn*” and he closed his room door.

I walked to the living room and plopped myself down on the sofa. Suddenly an idea struck me. I walked into the kitchen and start looking for lime. I’ve heard that lime tea help in preventing/ healing colds.

I looked through their fridge and managed to found 2 limes. I boiled some water and poured it into the teapot followed by slices of lime. I carried it into YongHwa’s room and placed it on his side table.

“Hope you like it.” I whisper and walked out.

 

With his eyes half open, he saw Eun Hae walked in and placed the tea at his side table. After she left his room, he sat up and looked at the pot.

“No harm trying.”

He took the cup and poured abit of it. Well, it tasted, okay! Not bad. And he went back to sleep.

The next morning…

He woke up feeling better and walked out of the room. He found Eun Hae sleeping on the sofa. He walked back to his room and picked his blanket. He walked back to the living room and cover her with blanket.

“Idiot, you will caught a cold like that.” He murmured looking at her fast asleep face. Eventually, this led him to a smile.

“Ah, what am I thinking? Stupid.” Shaking his head to get rid of those weird feeling and thinking.

But still without him knowing, his attention is being drawn back to her…