Am I jealous?

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                                 

We got back to the restaurant with a big bag full of ice creams. Just as what we had expected, DongHo is the first one to exclaim.

“Why are you all so slow! I am so hungry!” Upon saying, he dug into the bag for his ice cream.

“DongHo! You have just eaten. Is there a black hole in your stomach?” JungShin teased.

“Tsk, hyung!”

“Haha! Or did the both of you went dating uh? Disappear at the same time and got back together.” Now, it’s Minhyuk’s turn.

“Of course not, I just happen that I need to get something nearby and happen to saw her so we came back together.” Kevin explained

“Ohhhh, I see~” everybody echoed.

Our faces turned red for instant.

“Where’s YongHwa?” I asked looking around trying to find his shadow somewhere.

“No idea, he just said he had something to attend and went off like that.” JongHyun savored his ice cream and answering at the same time.

“Don’t mind him, he’s always like that.” JungShin added on.

“Isit. I see.” I think I looked kind of disappointed or something.

“Anything wrong?” Hy whispered.

I shook my head and continue savoring the delicious melting in progress ice cream that I have just bought.

 

I unlocked the main door and went in. Plopped onto my bed, my mind started to replay what I had just witnessed just now.

“Kevin and Eun Hae… Are they together? Kevin and Eun Hae… Eun Hae…”

I sat upright and shook my head vigorously.

“What am I doing? I should be happy instead! My cousin and Eun Hae. If they are really together, I should congratulate them. Yes! I should.” I said.

Lying back on my bed and shut my eyes hoping that I could drift off to sleep.

 

“Thank you for walking back with me.”

“It’s alright, well, take it as an exercise then.”

“True. Haha! GoodNight.” I bowed and turned my heels.

“Erm, Eun Hae!...”

“I turned back and looked at him. “Yes?”

“Er… nothing. Just gonna say goodnight. Have a good rest and see you!” After that he quickly walked back to his house.

 

“Ah! What is wrong with me?!” I changed my shoe to a slipper and walked towards the sofa and set down.

“What?”

“Ahh!” I startled and jumped up from my seat.

“Hyung! You scared me! When are you back?”

“Oh, sorry. I was back an hour ago. I remember I’ve forgotten to get my stuff in the band room so I went back and get it. You are home late.”

“Well, we chatted till we forget the time.”

“I see. You got home with…Eun Hae?” it’s very obvious that he is carefully structuring his sentence when asking it.

“Yup, since we lived so near to each other so we just walked back.”

“Well, true enough.  Okay quickly get cleaned and head to bed. It’s late.”

“Okay hyung. Goodnight.”

“Orh, goodnight.”

 

I looked at my phone. Should I or shouldn’t I call? It is just one button away. What should I say? What would he think if I call him at this time?

“Arghh! This is annoying!” I exclaimed.

*Haix* I placed my phone back on the side table but then within seconds, I took it up again.

“It’s just some normal routine whereby me, being his friend is concern for him. Alright, this is what I am going to say!” I picked up my courage and dialed his number.

*troot troot, troot troot* “Hello?”

“Oh! He picked up! Okay stay calm Eun Hae. Stay calm.”

“He..hello? Hey YongHwa! This is Eun Hae! Well, I just called to see if you are backed home safely. You left suddenly and MinHyuk ate up you ice cream share. Haha!” I said it in one breath.

“Oh, hi, I am so sorry, I found out that I have left something in the band room and got back to take. You..you just got home?”

“Yup, with Kevin.”

“Both of you had a wonderful night right?”

“Sorry?”

“NO! I meant ALL of you. All, everybody, had a wonderful dinner and stuff.” He explained, after realizing his mistake.

“Ahhh, yea. We defiantly have other than you went off suddenly.”

And our conversation went on for 15minutes.

 

“Both of you had a wonderful night right?”

“Sorry?”

“Ah! Dead, what am I talking? That is too obvious that I am behind them! Gosh this time, she is going to find out!”

“NO! I meant ALL of you. All, everybody, had a wonderful dinner and stuff.” Thanks to my quick witted mind, I managed to squeeze some words out.

“Ahhh, yea. We defiantly have other than you went off suddenly.”

“Phew, luckily she didn’t find out.”