The smile

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                                             

 

With much effort, I finally managed to bring her back…

 

 

“Hey Eun Hae! Gosh I was so worried about you!” Hy is the first one who ran up to me and give me a tight hugged when  she saw me coming in.

“Hey WE are alright! Everybody is worried about you too!” Jonghyun and the rest came forward and gave me a hug too. Okay, the rest minus off Yong Hwa.

“Psst… pssstttt! Hyung! I thought you have something you wanted to say to her?” Dongho whispered.

“Uh, oh. Erm hi.” He said.

“That’s all?” Jungshin hissed.

“Err, well you see, I am quite sorry about what I’ve just said earlier on. You know… Well, I wasn’t really thinking while I am talking so… yea. Sorry.” Although the sentence wasn’t a full and complete sentence, but deep down I know that he is trying his best to apologize to me. Well, as for me, I just gave him a smile and walked back to my seat.

“See, I told you!” Kevin walked pass me and gave me a winked.

I shoved him a little and smile.

 

 

Well, I am relieved that she’s back. Kevin had never let anyone down before. With him around, I am sure he is able to find her. But what did he just told her which makes her smile so sweetly? Nah, never mind, we are running out of time. Will have to continue practicing now.

“Alright, let’s resume.”

“Dongho, you gotta come in after the first half verse. Kevin the pitch and such alright!...”

Well, the whole practice went well and smoothly for the day, except for the slight hiccups earlier on. Everybody were so exhausted from the continuous training and nobody had any strength to talk nor move.

“grrr”

“Opps, sorry.” Minhyuk slide down his chair due to embarrassment.

“Let’s packed up and then head to somewhere to eat. I am also hungry.” I suggested.

Everybody are busy packing up the stuff when suddenly someone spoke.

“Hyung! Is your treat still on?”

“Ohyes right! The treat!”

“Uh? Haha! You all still remember it? Alright alright. It’s still on. Let’s go now!”

“YEA!” They are like little kids and they rushed out of the hall.

I shook my head and turned. There I saw Kevin helping Eun Hae with her things. Well, not to denied, I felt jealous. I acted as if I am packing up my stuff and checking things.

“Hey hyung, let’s go. They are waiting.”

“Mmm okay.”

Throughout the whole dinner, I am looking at Kevin and EunHae. The both of them are eating and chatting as if they are lovey dovey. I turned my head and continue chewing my food.

 

 

“Haaaa, thanks a lot we had a wonderful dinner.”

“Yea, after this dinner, makes sure you all put up a good show tomorrow.”

“Ohh, you are bribing us uh?”

“Yes, too bad you all have accepted!”

“TSK! HAHAHAHAHA!” Everybody burst out laughing.

“alright alright! Get going! See you all tomorrow! Bye!”

“Hyung coming with us?” Kevin asked. YongHwa turned and glanced at me then he shook his head. “I’m going to get something. See you at home.” He turned and gave me a slight nod and smile before walking away.

“Alright then see you Eun Hae let’s go.”

“Okay.” I smiled.

The whole journey with him back home was… nice. I felt protected, well treated and such. I really like that feeling though. No stress, no awkwardness. Just happiness.

 

 

I walked into the ice cream parlour. The same man greeted me again.

“Choco Mint again? A tub?”

I smile and nodded my head.

“Hope the person eating this will feel touched.” He smiled and handed me the bag which in retuned I paid for it.

Walking back home, lots of things went through my mind. Half of it is about Eun Hae. Not long later, I’ve reached her doorstep. I pressed the doorbell and left the ice cream at her doorstep and walk off.

“Who’s it?” I heard her shout and run to open the door. I hid at the corner. I saw her with her pajamas and her nerd specs. She bends down and takes the bag. Peeking around looking for the person who placed it at her doorstep. She looked into the bag and a smile creeps across. She looked around for the last time before closing the door.

“Enjoy it.”