Back to peace

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                                 

 

 

After our dinner, we took a stroll back home.

“It’s been a long time since I walked home.”

“I thought we did that few days ago?” Kevin asked.

“That’s different!”

“What’s the diff?”

“At that time you are just my friend. But today, you are my boyfriend. Different feeling.” I explained looking up at the night sky which is filled with shimmering stars.

“I see. True that’s a huge different and feelings.”

Not long later, we finally reached my doorstep.

“Alright, I’m going in now. Get going too. Good Night!” I signal him to run along but he just stood there. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s such a short day…” he sighed.

“We will see each other tomorrow! Cheer up!” I pinched his cheek while saying that.

“Ouch ouch! Alright. Anyway I got something to give you.”

“What’s it?” slightly anticipated.

He said nothing, but pulled me forward and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

“There you go. A goodnight kiss.” Slight pink is forming round his cheek after he had said it.

“Mm, okay good night!” and I quickly turned and open the door. To my surprised once I opened the door, I saw both my grandparents hunching low.

“Grandpa, grandma, what are the both of you doing?” I questioned them.

“Ahh, nothing. We are… are” grandpa answered but was kind of stammering. “We are checking on the door. Ahh we should change the door already right? Old man.”

“Err, yes! The door.. It’s not sound proof!”

“Grandpa!”

I heard a chuckled coming from the back. I turned and look at Kevin who’s trying to control his laughter.

“Sorry.” He apologized and came up to me.

“Annyeong haseyo grandpa and grandma.” He greeted them with a bow.

“Annyeong haseyo Kevin. Do you want to come in and have a cup of tea?” Grandma offered.

“It’s alright grandma. It’s quite late. I’ll drop by tomorrow instead?”

“Sure. Do come over for dinner tomorrow too. Grandma will whip a few dishes especially for you!”

“How isit possible to trouble you. Anything will do.”

“It’s not troublesome!”

“Then I will thank you in advance.” Laughing away with my grandparents.  

“Alright then I guess I would get back first. Goodnight.” He bowed again in respect and walked off.

“Ahh, such a nice guy. Eun Hae ah, don’t let him go okay.” Grandpa remind me.

“Don’t worry grandpa, I won’t even if you all force me to. It’s cold outside, let’s go back in.”

Once we got back into the cozy house, questions started flying to me.

“When did both of you started?”, “Have the two of you kissed?”, “Which stage are you at now?” blah blah blah. Well, I guess they are going to start a “grilling” lesson tomorrow on Kevin.

 

At the same time,

I was heading back home when I saw YongHwa hyung round the corner. I guess he had already seen and heard the conversation.

“Hey hyung! Where are you going?”

“Hey. I’m going for a walk. It’s been so bored staying at home. Wanna come along? He invites.

“Why not? It’s been a long time since the both of us sit down and have a talk.”

We walked in to a bar and found 2 seats near the bar stand.

“1 Piña colada and Long Island Iced Tea. Thank you.” Yonghwa turned towards the bartender and ordered. “I got your drink right?”

“Absolutely.” I replied.

Not long after, the bartender placed our drinks infront of us. Taking a sip of my Piña colada, I finally asked him something.

“Do you know that Eun Hae is at the club earlier on?”

He stopped stirring his drink and looked at me. “She is there? Even after our performance?”

“Yup. She is there and she saw your individual performance.”

“So, how did she react?”

“Should I tell him the truth?”I pondered.

 “She cried.”

“I’m sorry.” He sighed.

“For? To who?”

“Both of you. I hope both of you won’t get affected by this.”

“It’s okay. At least for now, we are sure that our relationship is quite stable.”

He didn’t say a word but kept sipping on his drink.

“Hyung, can we be like the past? Just say anything we want, joke about and such. Not like this.” I finally said something which breaks the silence between us.

 “It’s awkward now right?  Indeed, we should go back to what we used to be before. Laughing away and saying things. Kevin, let’s do something later.”

“Can. What is it?”

“You will know.”

 

 

“Why are we here?” We are at a big empty field.

“Let’s have a race. Remember last time when we had a heated argument and such, we would in the end settle everything at the running track. After that everything would be back as per normal.”

“That’s true. Let’s get things over now!”

We position ourselves on the starting line. At the count of 3, both of us run as fast as we could to the finishing line. We have no idea who came in first. The only thing we know that now,  we are laughing heartedly while lying on the ground.

“Kevin ah,”

“Uh?” still panting away.

“Treated her well. If not I will take her away.”

“You won’t get the chance to.” And we both started laughing out loud despite it’s already late at night.

“Well, I guess we are back to normal?” I asked, hopefully.

“I guess so. I felt kind of…relieve. Should have come here earlier.”

 “Come on let’s go back!” I held him up and we walked back home like what we would do last time.