A heartbreak

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                                      

 

Looking at him, my heart sank. I turned my attention back to my food and started eating, quietly. All I heard are laughter and mumbling around me. I can’t seem to concentrate on what they are talking.

 

Looking at her, I felt tons of arrows shooting me. Her expression, her eyes, she is looking at Kevin with sorrow and love in it. Does she know that? It hurt me even further as she had given up on me. Am I not worth waiting? I sighed.

“Hey..erm guys. I think I have to go off first. I’m not feeling well. See you.” I got up and headed to the entrance.

Everybody looked at me. I turned and focus my attention on Eun Hae, hoping she would try and say something to ask me to stay. But I guess I was wrong. I smiled and turned and walked away.

“Hyung! Wait.” It’s DongHo, he got up and chase after me.

 

 

Seeing hyung in this situation, I have no choice but to have a talk with him. I left the restaurant together with him.

“Hyung! Hyung!’ Finally I caught up with him.

“Why are you here?”

“We need to have a talk.”

“I am not feeling well. Next time” And he continue walking.

“No! Hyung, why are you deceiving yourself. You saw that right?

He startled, but continues walking again.

“Saw what?” giving an unconcerned looked.

“Eun Hae expression towards Kevin hyung.”

Finally he stopped.

“You saw and knew it right?”

“How do you know about that?” he asked.

“The point here is how I know. The point now is that how are you going to see and handle it? Alright, I think it is quite awkward to stand here and talk. Let’s find a spot and sit down.”

We walked to a nearby coffeehouse and sat down.

“Hyung, are you still going to be like that?”

“Like what?”

“Going out with Ji Yeon noona and neglecting Eun Hae?”

“I have no choice.”

“What do you mean by that? No choice? Did she point a gun at you and asked you to accompany her? No, it’s your choice to choose.”

“Really? I have no idea why…”

“Hyung, I don’t want to see the both of you fighting over a girl. You knew and saw her reaction towards Kevin hyung…”

“You want me to backout?”

I stay silent.

“Listen, I wouldn’t backout. I wouldn’t” shaking his head he stood up and went off.

Haix…”

 

I took my phone out and dail Ji Yeon’s number.

“Hello, it’s me. Are you free now? Can we meet?”

20 minutes later, I am down at her condo to meet her.

“Hey Yong, what’s up? Are you feeling alright now?” She extends her hand and touches my forehead.

“It’s alright. I’ve got something to tell you.”

She looked at me.

“Let’s don’t meet that often.”

“Why?” her eyes widen in surprised.

“I don’t want Eun Hae to misunderstand.”

“Eun Hae? You and her?”

“It’s not confirmed yet. But I don’t wish to have any misunderstanding. Plus you have your boyfriend. Right? You don’t want him to see us together often too right?”

“True. But, he’s never around.”

“Ji Yeon ah, you know, you are just lonely. Phone him up or you can go and visit him! This could help both of us, isn’t it?”

Giving her a hug, I said “All the best for you and your boyfriend. Cherish the person you love.” And I ran off.

Yes, cherish the person I love. Now I know, I love Eun Hae, I need her to be by my side and support me. I ran as quickly as I could and finally reached the route which lead back to our houses. I took in a deep breath and walked towards it. I know what I am going to say to her when I see her later.

When I’m happily walking towards her house, I saw 2 shadows. I stopped immediately and turned around.