Cold night.

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                                     

“Hey guys, do you want to eat ice cream? I will go out and get it.” I offered.

“Oh oh oh! Me! I want…Green tea...” and so on.

“Okay, got it, I will be back in no time.” I grab my bag and walked out of the restaurant with a smile plastered on my face.

Does my smile look fake?”

“Just right, the cold wind can help to clear my mind and keep it awake.” I took in a deep breath and stroll to the nearby convenient store.

 

“She looks like she’s having some trouble or so.”

I took a look at the seat where she was seated earlier on and realized that she didn’t bring her sweater along. I excused myself and quietly grabbed her sweater and walked out of the restaurant. I think nobody saw me doing that, I think…

I walked around the street and finally spotted her sitting on the bench at the bus stop.

“Hey…” 

She looked up, with tears glistering in her eyes. I sighed and laid the sweater on her shoulders. Looking away, she wiped her tears away. I sat down next to her silently.

 

I am quite surprised that Kevin managed to find me. And it caught me off guard as I tried to hide my tears, but was found out eventually. He sat down next to me, without saying a word.  Finally, I decided to make the move, opening my mouth and speak.

“Erm, why are you out here?”

I think he didn’t expect me to talk first thus he was quite taken aback at first.

“Uh?”

“I say, why are you here?”

“Ohh, it’s because… because… erm… AH! You forget your sweater, I am afraid that you might feel cold, so I bring it out for you.” He ended his sentence with an awkward smile.

“Oh. Thank you. Hey, let’s go and get the ice creams okay?” I try to kill the awkwardness between us.

“Ha! Sure! Let’s go. Haha” he let out a dry laughter.

“Stupid, stupid! What a stupid answer I gave. Am I being found out by her?”Without me knowing it, I hit my head with my fist lightly.

“Hey stop, what are you doing?” She asked me and at the same time holds on to my fist. “It hurt, right?” using her palm to help me ease the pain.

“ It..it’s… alright.” For instant, my face turns bright red.

“Oh, I am so sorry.” She immediately dropped her hand and looked down on the floor.

“It’s alright. Ahh! This is getting too awkward.”

“Yea, it is kind of awkward…” still looking down on the floor.

“We better run and get it just in case they all scream at us if we go back late, especially DongHo.” I grab hold of her hand and run towards the convenient store.

 

The both of them have no idea that, there is someone hiding in one corner looking at them. This person turned and lay on the wall, thinking through what he had just seen.