Awkward Silent

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                                 

 

A few days just passed by plainly. Nothing special or exciting happened. Everybody just get together and get ready for the trial next week after that we would go back to the restaurant where we usually patronized and fill our stomach, chat abit and head home. As for me, I went back to my normal living days – got home, showered; practice my gayageum with my big retro spectacles and my hair bun up messily.

 

“Boys, dinner is ready! Come out and eat now!”

“Woah! Mum, you prepared a spread! Let’s see if your skill have improved or not.” I half said jokingly.

“Tsk! Is this how you teased your mother?”

“It’s been long since we tasted home cooked food.” Kevin walked out of his room smiling.

“That’s why I quickly rushed back and cooked for my 2 boys! Ah! I heard Eun Hae’s grandparents would be away for a few weeks.”

“Then what are you going to do? And mum, you’re being overly nosy uh.”

“YongHwa! Last warning!”

“Okay alright alright zip.” I did a zipping sign and my mum looked at me giving me a “childish boy” looked.

“As what I was saying, I wanted to invite her over for dinner till her grandparents comes back. How about that?”

“I am okay with it.” Kevin replied.

She cast a look over to me. Since I have already zipped my mouth so I just gave her a facial expression which says “anything”.

“Alright! Since both of you have no problem with that, then it would be settle. She would come over to have dinner every day.” She seems excited when she said that.

The both of us were so hungry that we settle down and started eating.

“HEY!” alright, this makes us jumped abit.

“What?”

“Did the both of you hear what I was saying?”

“Yes we did.”

“Since both of you heard it, then go! Why are you sitting here?”

 “Uh?” we both looked at one another, confused.

“Gosh! Are both of you blockhead? Go and get her here for dinner!”

“Oh, oh okay I’ll go.” Kevin stood up, grabbing his sweater and walked towards the main door.

 

 

Ding Dong~”

“Hey Kevin, why are you here?”

“Oh, my aunt wanted to invite you over to have a dinner. You haven’t taken your dinner yet, right?”

“Um, nope. But won’t it be too troublesome or will I like…”

“No worries, you won’t disturb our so call family gathering.”

“Woah I don’t know you can read people’s mind well.”

“Well, your mind seems easily readable at some point of time.”

“Pardon?”

“Nothing, come let’s go! My aunt cooked a lot today, it looks delicious!”

 

 

“Hello aunty,” I greeted.

“Oh, Eun Hae, come come, I cooked lots of delicious food today! Sit down and join us!” Kevin walked into the kitchen and came out with a spoon, a pair of chopstick and a bowl of rice.

I sat down on the table at the same time stealing a glance at YongHwa. Seriously speaking, after that ice cream incident night, I have not talked much with him. Other than some problems regarding the performance, there is not much communication going on between us.

“Thank you aunty for inviting me for the dinner.”

“It’s alright. Why not come here for your dinner everyday till your grandparents come back? It won’t do you any good eating outside every single night right?”

“Well…”

“No well, so it’s settled. Okay, let’s eat now.”

“Okay, thank you aunty.” And she smiled back at me.

During the whole meal, aunty was talking about what had happened during her trip and such. The 3 of us just continued listening and sometimes just throw out some words like “Oh”, “wow” and more.

“Ah, I have done with eating. Eat more okay Eun Hae. Boys clean up later, I am going to bath.” She smiled and walked into the kitchen placing her utensils and bowl into the sink and walked towards her room.

Alright, this is super awkward. Nobody talks. You can even hear the wind blowing outside. This situation doesn’t make me feel well.