2014

Something Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany's POV

"Jessica." Yuri uttered as soon as the elevator door opened and Jessica, walked out of the lift.

My heart is aching so much, that I don't know why do I deserve to be hurt this much. I heard her said her name and it feels like a venom is all over my veins. She misses her so much and I can feel it.. I can feel that she loves her more than anything. Why? Why? Why am I still standing here? When all she said was lies... No she never choses me, she just said she loved me but that does not mean that she belongs to me.....

Call me martyr or what but every beat of my heart asked for her name... Her intoxicating touch.. I hope I'd wake up in this hell yet this is the only heaven I know... It big time.

"Can we talk?" Once again Yuri said... Her voice was hopeful a sound that I have not heard when she talks to me. I wanted to walk away but I want to hear every conversation they have.

Jessica looked at me hesitant, she may be thinking that Yuri and I are serious, I feel an achievement seeing her that way, I can tell that she still love her and she'd put her flag down yes, she let me won this battle. I looked at Yuri and I can see how determine she is just to talk to her, did I really win?

"I have a minute." Jessica uttered clearing ,

Yuri looked at me. She wanted to say something and I know it will affect me big time yet I decided to not look back.

"Hey, uhm sorry to interrupt, my name is Lee Sunny and I am the newly hired editor for feel good stories, I was hired last week... We do have an appointment like right now Miss Jung." The midget who rode the elevator with us speaks up.

Jessica glanced on her watched then ignored Yuri's hopeful eyes as she responded. "Ah yeah.. Oh Miss Lee by the way, this is Tiffany Hwang the writer and this is Kwon Yuri... She is the editor in chief you'd work hand in hand." Jessica said, she sounded so professional... Had she let go of Yuri? That does mean that she does not feel anything anymore to Yuri.,. I am hoping.

"Ah hi guys." The brunette offered a very cute smile and shook both of Yuri's hand and I.

Jessica left and Sunny followed her,

Yuri looked at me intensely as if she is about to say something... I am nervous I bit my lips preventing not to cry, not to tear apart she opened and all I did was runaway. She followed me and as soon as I entered the office grounds party poppers and welcome back boss banner came my way. The whole office welcome their boss back as I see Yuri hugging Eun Hyuk and Hyorin, her eyes is settled to one person, yes, Jessica and I can see jealousy on her eyes as soon she spotted Sunny inside Jessica's office laughing with her EX.... Gosh am I in my right mind? It is obvious that everything she does was about Jessica, why am I here... Why? Why can't I stop this drowning pain yet this is the only happiness I could think of....

I managed to go on my desk and started checking emails and stuff trying to distract myself on what I am witnessing, maybe if I put on more efforts she'd forget about Jessica and just choose me completely... Maybe,,. So I'll just hold on?

The day passed but my thoughts, remains the same... I mean I can literally see the love of my life putting too much effort just to talk to Jessica, who by the way had been ignoring her the whole time... Why can't you just look at me? Or why it just be me?.....

"Dinner?" I was too busy looking at my screen when I see Yuri standing up behind me.

"Sure..." I said.. I thought it over believe me I did thousands of time... But my choice would always end up.. Choosing Yuri.

I grab my bag and walk behind her... I know someone is looking and there she was my greatest rival looking at me and Yuri... did I just smirk at her... I did.

The drive was all silent as if Yuri is wanting to say something I am just looking outside and I did not ask where she'd bring me. She parked in her garden... I know the place she love it here... She brought me here the last time.

"I called couple of people to prepare something for us and yeap.. They did not fail me." She smiled, she looks so nervous and I have a bad feeling about this too....

She held my hand and brought me to my seat.. It is just us no one else...

She started talking about her first day, how much she misses those people and talking to clients about what ad to put and all... She was really nervous... I am eying her, every feature of her, her cute eyes, her pointed, lovely nose, her thin yet so delicious lips. Those smile, the smile that caged my heart at that very moment.. I go back the first time I saw her that was New Year's Eve, she was hurt and I did my best to make her forget about Jessica... Did I fail?

I can imagine the first time our lips touch, the time we cuddled to my bed and become intimate talking about her life, my life.. She made love to me everywhere, she made me experience things that no one had ever done,.. Our time was rough but it was great for me... Moments that I will not change for anything in the world, I learned to love and be stupid for love that I am positive that a number of people could relate too... I love you Kwon Yuri.. I do... And because of that...

"Do you still love Jessica?" I asked, I need to hear it... Confirming it more and to hurt me even more until I become numb... Till I can finally say that I have enough. I can see that she was caught off guard with the question.

She looked at me deeply and she gulp, there, my tears wanted to fall.

"Do you even love me?" I asked my voice is broken, Yuri looked down.... "Yuri please..."

"I.... Did... I loved you Tiffany." She said her voice was broken too... Did? Was that past tense was that even love or a mere infatuation.

"Did?" I confirmed and as much as I don't want to admit it but it was too much honesty.

"Tiffany..." She looked at me and our eyes met... She is broken. "Do-- don't get me wrong... I loved you, I did... You make me feel all sorts of crazy wanting you more and more everyday.. You are the girl that I would ask for in my second life.... But...."

She stopped, she is about to cry... "Bbut w-- what?" I don't think I can handle this anymore but I need to wake up in this facade... I am not sure if I am mad actually I don't feel anything... I feel nothing...

"I don't want to hurt you Tiffany... You did nothing wrong and it was just me.. You took care of me when I needed he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter