2014

Something Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



------
"Mummy?" Yuri asked in disbelief

Jessica looked at her she does not know what to say... Of course she was shock on Yuri's reaction, she plan to introduce the two but not yet... Not yet until she talks to Yuri privately and that is part of her to do list but Yuri suddenly appeared and she is totally in her supernova.

Their eyes met, one is with a questioning expression while one is on startled, and their eyes are communicating.

"Mummy who is she!" KyungSoo asked demanding as if Yuri is stealing Jessica to him.

Yuri looked KyungSoo for a moment who is hugging Jessica's knees now. He is marking his property. Yuri's eyes were soft and then she looked at Jessica again and this time it is soft and gentle... Those are the message of her eyes.

"She is..." Jessica's heart is beating so fast she did miss those soft and gentle gaze from Yuri, her protector.

"I am Kwon Yuri... Your aunt Yuri" Jessica was cut off by Yuri as she introduced herself to the kid with a warm and understanding smile... Upon seeing Jessica standing in front of her all the hatred and hurt that build up for leaving her within the three years just faded in the thin air as she hugged Jessica she can't understand why but all she wanted is to be close with Jessica again.... Seeing KyungSoo breaks her heart again for the fact that she thought of his father and the phone call that happened... For a moment when she saw Jessica seemed all the things that was told to her did not exist, but yeah now she remembered that Jessica is married.

KyungSoo hugged Jessica's knees tighter... Jessica felt it that KyungSoo is off to Yuri maybe because Jessica cried or maybe because the young boy saw her almost kissing his mother.

"KyungSoo greet Aunt Yuri politely." Jessica looked at KyungSoo giving the boy a slight push.

"I don't want too." KyungSoo said in Korean, he hugs his mother tighter.

Yuri inhaled she supress her feelings again and sat down in front of KyungSoo.

"Wae? Aunt Yuri does not bite." Yuri smiled she was trying to hold KyungSoo but the boy ran behind Jessica.

Yuri looked at Jessica and the latter could only give a sad expression. Then she turn to KyungSoo.

"What did Mummy told you on greeting older people.. You should be respectful to older people."

"NO" KyungSoo replied frowning... The kid is possesive.

Jessica is about to lose her patience and Yuri knows it, 'she has not change... I wonder how her husband could stand her.' she thought.

"Hey it's okay..." Yuri said as their eyes met and there was silence ...... both of their hearts are beating so fast and both turn red. But Yuri broke the loving stare as she faked a cough.

'Yuriyah!!! She is married' she reminded herself again.
--------

Jessica stopped walking as she is in front of a colorful office. She inhaled for encouragement as she knocks on the door.

"Come in."

She opened the door, she does not know what is inside well the windows office was closed.

"Hey." Jessica said in a shy manner.

"Hi." Yuri immediately respond, she looked at Jessica and she wanted the girl bad but she is controlling herself knowing that Jessica is married.

"Uhm... (Jessica looking down the ice princess being all shy to Yuri) So I was thinking.... could you help me with these tasks I mean these are all new to me." Jessica said she does feel awkward talking to Yuri because she has a lot of things to say but she is looking for the right timing.

"That is why I am here for... I mean I am your assistant anyway so we could probably like meet up every day..." Yuri suggested she is still gauging Jessica.

Jessica's heart just jump in joy thinking that Yuri said those... She felt like a teen ager again... It had been a while since she felt this way.... She did not think that it would be easy on how Yuri will talk to her, she thought Yuri will ignore her but it was not like that.

"If you want I can brief you on things probably introduce you to the employees who do the editorial and news writing too before if got published or so." Yuri suggested she was calm but she is hurting a combination of pleasure and pain...
Pleasure as Sica is back pain thinking that she is happily married,

"Sure I don't have much to do... " Jessica is right it is her third day in the company but all work is still done by Yuri and her team.

"Okay suit yourself let me finish this one and we will do what's plan." Yuri said as she tried concentrating back to her MacBook... But she continues to look at Jessica who is exploring her office.

"This is Krystal's right?" Jessica asked looking at the painting on the wall... Abstract two girls hugging each other... More of it is se wants to ask if the painting is her and Yuri... Of course it's them since Krystal made it.

Yuri tilted her head... That just gave away that she has not moved on yet.

"Uh yeah... She gave it to me." She kept her head on the screen.

"Scene looks familiar." Jessica whispered and it excites all of her thinking that she still has a place in Yuri's heart.

Yuri just smiled.

Jessica moved to the window.

"Why is your window close Yuri? I mean it had been three days and it was always close....i was planning to visit you earlier but since it close I thought you were not around." Jessica asked as she starts to pull up the string for the blinds for it to open.

Yuri was supposed to answer but when she tilted her head the glass wall exposed her already and straightly to her gaze is an empty cubicle that belongs to her old fling.

She narrowed her eyes and tried to search to where the owner is and there was nothing so she just focus back on Jessica.

"I wanted to work private as there is a bunch of things line up..." Yuri said going back to the laptop...

She then open her calendar and check the schedules of her employees on those google calendar and she saw the pink block says nothing.

'Where is she during work hours?' Yuri thought.

"You done there?" Jessica asked her face is too close to Yuri and as Yuri tilted her head she saw the lips of Jessica and her face fired up so as Jessica they did not know that this proximity is still awkward. Yuri forgot everything that she was thinking and her head filled with Jessica's thought again.

Yuri finish editing one article and she lead Jessica outside her office to introduce her to the employees both of them felt like teen agers again as they are walking side by side but this is still awkward for both of them.. Jessica has questions why Yuri is not mad while Yuri has questions and what ifs... But they still try to act normal.

They went to the bulk of employees around one cubicle.

"Ehem." Yuri faked a cough and the employees who are gathered in one cubicle seemed to be soldiers that spread out right away and Jessica chuckle.

"Okay, what are you looking at?" Yuri asked.

"Nothing." Yubin immediately answered.

"That does not look nothing to me NBR again?" Yuri narrowed her eyes

"Why are you here anyway?" Hyorin said well they treat Yuri as their buddy sometimes but that earned an elbow from Yubin and pointed at Jessica..

"Ow.. Sorry." Hyorin immediately retracts it.

Jessica chuckles again all of them find her sweet at that state.

Yuri just shook her head.

"Okay... Jessica here is the team..." Yuri introduce about ten employees around Hyorin's cubicle.

"So this old man here is Eun Hyuk." Yuri pointed at Eun Hyuk just standing leaning his back on Hyorin's cubicle.

"Yah! Who is old... Hi Jessica" Eun Hyuk moved and slightly hug Jessica while looking at Yuri teasing her hoping to get jealous... Well Yuri looked calm so he failed.. He thought but Yuri clench her fist,

"He is one of the senior editors here... In the editorial team he is more editing the business section of the newspaper of course with all those articles I also am helping him." Yuri explained.

"Show off." Eun Hyuk commented and Yuri just rolled her eyes and Jessica chuckled.. She miss this, she miss how Yuri is being taken advantage off but stay calm...

"This is Yubin, she takes care of the health articles and everything about food.. That is what she proof reads."

"Hi Miss Jung.."

"This is Hyorin, she takes care of the entertainment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter