Glimpse of the past

Something Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mr. Jung!"

"Sir! Do you have anything to say about the allegation?"

"Mr. Jung was that real?"

"Did you really do that Mr. Jung?"

"Sir"

"Sir."

Cameras, recorders, pen and papers, mics and there were a lot of reporters around the man they call Mr. Jung he is facing down and there were police all over him as his hands were covered by a white cloth as it cuffed together. They escorted him to a car with blue and red headlights as flashes from cameras and camera men follow him still. Before the car moves the said Mr. Jung looked at their big house and focused on the balcony as there are figures of two girls there. He smiled with assurance that everything should be okay.

The two girls was with an old man. The eldest is Jessica who was ten by that time and Krystal the youngest Jung was five.

"Where are they taking Daddy?" Krystal asked cutely clueless still about her surroundings. The ten years old on the other hand is standing coldly as she has an idea about what is happening already his father being arrested accused to for abusing his secretary and her mother filed for divorce because of the event and even file a case for afultery.

"They will just ask Daddy couple of question darling." The old man stated.

"Where is mommy? I miss mommy she had not been home since last week when people with cameras starts to appear out of our house grandpa." Another question from thw younger Jung.

"She is not coming back Krys... She will leave us here." Jessica said coldly as their grandfather heard it he was struck.

"Unnie! You are lying Mommy will never do that not to us" Krystal was about to cry.

"Live with it Krys. She will not go back anymore... She filed divorce and she is the reason why this is happening!" Jessica said coldly she kicked on a pot and walked inside their house angrily as Krystal cried out loud on their grandfather's arm. The older Jung looked so worried about Jessica's behavior but he cannot leave his other grand daughter crying out loud there.

As Jessica entered her room she sat down behind her door hugging her knees and started to sob as she was just only pretending to understand but she was young too young to be involve in this kind of mess. After crying for over thirty minutes.

"Jessica?" An old man's voice called.

"I am sleeping!" Jessica said in between sobs.

"I am coming in honey. I won't push much cause I know you are on the back of the door again." Grandpa Jung said. As he opens the door Jessica was push away a bit she tilted her head from where the shadow came from after 30 seconds of staring Jessica jumped to the old man to have a comforting hug.

"Sssshh..... Ssssh grandpa will do everything I can so your dad will be bailed out soon." Her grandpa saying as he caress the body of the young Jessica.

"But mommy and Daddy... They are separating." She said as her face burried on her granfather's neck. "She said Daddy is a bad man..."

"Ssssh.. Ssssh" Grandpa Jung continued to caress Jessica's back. "Daddy is not a bad person he is human he makes mistakes okay?" The old man said, he said it in it's easiest form for a ten year old to understand.

"Why is mommy making it worse? I heard you say it." Jessica asked pulling away from the hug looking into the eyes of Grandpa Jung.

Grandpa Jung looked at the eyes of Jessica as well searching for words to explain things.

"Your mother." He paused.

"Your mother does not love your father" came from a voice on the open door. Jessica and Grandpa Jung tilted their head and they saw grandma Jung there. "... She just wants your father's money, lime light and fame she is that type of woman she wanted divorce to get her share and worsen all these because she filed an adultery case which means that your father is cheating she is taking for granted this opportunity to escape and damage the whole family.. She is someone who does not care about anything except money." She said direct to the point not looking to the old man who was signalling her to stop in her every word as Jessica is starting to get mad to her mother at that time.
---
This is the worst scandal that the Jung family had faced the only son of the owner of Korea Daily accused of being harrassing his secretary.

The kids suffer the most as they were bullied about the scandal and they were accused to be the same as their father. They were labelled horrofying nick names.

It took almost a year before it fades completely and since then Jessica had been obssesed to have a clean image for every one because another scandal is not gonna be a good thing to deal with. Their father was bailed after hearing of course the Grandpa Jung used his influenced to bail his son. They decided to bring the girls and Mr. Jung in the US as they lived there for another year before they went back to Korea.

Jessica put her guards up. She became cold and chooses not to have friends anymore. Since Mr. Older Jung become worried about it and thinking that it is because of being afraid if men he enrolled the girl in an exclusive school to see if she can make friends.

Jessica always eats out and just talk to one person in the University and that was Hyo Jin, her God mother and of course the best friend of her mother. Jessica was a freshman that time when she learned about the truth.

"Yes. Jessica she did leave but it is not because she does not love you anymore or your father but because she needed to find herself." Hyo Jin explained.

"What do you mean? She should have kept it inside and just waited for us to grow up or..." Jessica felt that what her mother did was unfair.

Hyo Jin sighed. "You are too young to understand."

"How can I understand anything if all I get is the same andwer that you are giving me everyday? Or even my grandma or Dad does not want to talk about it..." Jessica is complaining and totally wants to know because all she knows is that her mother left for money but Hyo Jin always says that it is not because of that and all so she wants to know of course, she has the right to know.

Hyo Jin sighed.. "Stuborn as your mother. She and your father was arranged to marry because of business and stuff well they all believe on that...(rolling her eyes) old people... Anyway.. There were no love to begin with... Hmmm..." Hyo Jin crossed her arms thinking on how to explain things.

"She left because it was the right thing to do.. Your father and the secretary were lovers and when your mother caught them she does not want to create a fuss about it and asked your father to choose as being a great man of course he choosed you guys because he has you with your mom.. So they thought that things would be fine."

Jessica is just listening closely keeping herself composed on every information that she is finding out about why her family become that.

"But the secretary of your father filed a case and there were evidence sayin that she was harrassed.... She wanted to stay trust me she does but coming from Lee's as your grandfather found out abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter