2004

Something Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2004

Jessica ran over the halls and corridors she is looking for the person who she talked about in the principal's office and she is panting already. She looks at every room and every time she tries to open a room everyone just got shocked. They never saw Jessica on that state...

"Is she okay?"

"Who is she looking for?"

They are asking. "The Ice princess is melting." One commented as they see Jessica covered in sweat. She hated it but what she hates more is that the feeling of guilt running towards her body and the feeling of worriedness towards a person who she rarely utter words to.

Well knowing Jessica, She does not talk to anyone... She does not have friends simply because she is cold and she is just portraying a perfect granddaughter image for her grandfather. Heechul is her only friend. She reached the gym but failed to see Yuri.

"Where could she be? I need to apologize... I... I was wrong." Jessica said. She is looking everywhere. She kept on walking until she reached the field, then other buildings, the bell rang multiple times meaning Jessica had missed multiple classes already but she could care less about it.

She then reached a place in the school where she never been. She widens her eyes as she saw how peaceful could this place is.... She saw a figure and she sighed in relief seeing the person she is looking for.

She looks around and she saw Yuri in the deserted garden of the school laying on the grasses with her eyes closed. Jessica's heart is beating crazily. She is trying to control her breathing. She walks silently to Yuri's direction and every step she makes her heart beats even faster than the time she saw Yuri. She is now closer to Yuri.

She sat beside the girl. She tilted her head up and she felt the beam of light on her face. It is orange already stating that it is almost sunset. She then turns to Yuri's direction,

"Aww cute." She said in a low tone looking at Yuri. She found the girl sticking her tongue out, she sat by hugging both of her knees. She then shook her head again realizing that she blushed seeing Yuri sleeping.

She then become tempted to touch Yuri's beautiful face. She reaches for Yuri's face and wanted to caress it using the back of her candle looking hand. She is mesmerized by the view. Her hand is inches away from Yuri's skin. When. She has her eyes widen she shouted a low sound...as Yuri holds her wrist preventing to not to touch Yuri's face.

"Why are you here?" Yuri asked still her eyes are closed she felt something that made her woke up. Her touch was not a grip okay. It was a soft grip not as tough as how Heechul hold her. Yuri's skin is flawless it is soft and just electrifying on Jessica's thought. She shivers with that contact.

"I... I.. " Jessica is stuttering never her heart beats faster than a bullet train and her body heat up.

Yuri opened her eyes and sat up.

"You what? Miss Jung?" Yuri is looking straight at Jessica she feels tensed up to and she knows that it is just the two of them. She is thinking things towards Jessica.

"I heard about what Heechul Oppa did to you and I would like to apologize." Jessica said avoiding Yuri's gaze. Then she looks at Yuri's hand keeping the soft grip. She sighed heavily.

Yuri sensed it that Jessica was uncomfortable so she removed her grip she thought. 'I don't want to push anything yet. She might be stressed towards what happened last Saturday.'

"Yuri -ah." Jessica called.

Yuri got back to reality.

"Nae?" Yuri asked. This is the first time that she is to have a decent conversation with Jessica after almost a month knowing the girl.

"I would like to be a witness in case there will be a trial between you and Heechul. I mean I know he was wrong and all." Jessica managed to say the words though she is tensed up with Yuri alone.

Yuri looked at Jessica for a while she felt warm hearing Jessica but she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Forget it Jessica." Yuri said and stood up.

"Why? Are you mad at me?" Jessica followed her with her eyes.

"No I guess I want to but I can't" Yuri said and Jessica's heart scream a thousand times she blushed she turned red as a tomato. 'Does that mean she likes me?' Jessica thought.

"I mean... I.... " Yuri stuttered as she sees Jessica blushed....she swallow an amount of saliva and continued. "even if I get mad to you it would not change the fact that they have complained already... May there be a trial or not the perception of the people in the sports world will change.. That I am not a disciplined athlete... That I should have known better...."

"Even if they found out that it was self defense and Heechul was trying to..." Jessica can't continue her sentence.

"Continue to what? See... You can't even continue your sentence." Yuri said she sat down and face Jessica. Their eyes met and both of them feel that they are heating up.

"I am sorry Yuri." Jessica said stuttering and finding it hard to breathe. Her eyes never left Yuri's eyes.

"I understand that you can't have that shame... You are a very important person and he too is an important one." Yuri said and smiled weakly.

'I guess it is not bad to be nice to her.. Tae Yeon is right she is indeed a nice person.' Jessica thought.

Yuri was about to stand when......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri's eyes widen and she fall on her while her hands are on her back supporting her body.

 

 

 

 


"Thank you Yuri ah. For saving me that night." Jessica said. She wanted to control it but she could not as she puts her arms around Yuri's nape and hugged Yuri to show her gratitude. Yuri gulped as she feels the beating of her heart. **DUGUN DUGUN DUGUN** is all that Yuri could hear. She lifted one of her hands as she is to respond to the first ever hug that she received that made her body weak and excited for something. She wants to press more and stop the time. Jessica on the other hand feel the same thing but awkwardness covered the atmosphere as she heard Yuri's breathing in a controlled phase so she stood up right away. Yuri was not able to hug her back.

"I need to go." Jessica said not looking back at Yuri.

Yuri remained seated and struck on what just happened, on what she felt and she just find herself smiling.

------

The following day.

Girl's squeal once again and obviously someone is coming they all knew who it is.

Jessica was early that day. She just woke up early because she can't sleep the fact that she kept on thinking about the hug. She actually has eye bags but she covered it with concealer and make up. She stood straight as she wants to have an access to the girl she like to see,

Yuri entered the room as radiant as ever. She is shining. She smiled and put her hands up. Jessica was about to put her hand up and say Hi.

"Hey Yul" Jessica tilted her head and there she saw Tae Yeon waving at Yuri and she rolled her eyes cursing herself behaving almost acting like a fan girl. She then coughs a bit and pretended to write something.

"Where were you yesterday?" Taen Yeon asked.

"I was just clearing my mind." Yuri said but did not fail to look at Jessica and she smiled because she noticed Jessica almost said hi to her then pretended to do something when Tae Yeon spoke.

"I heard what happened." Tae Yeon said worriedly.

"Oh that? Don't think about it that much Taengu!" Yuri said and smile.

'How could she say that? I mean it is her future.' Jessica thought she is clearly eavesdropping between Yuri's and TaeYeon's conversation.

"But how about your future? Taek Won Do and this school?" TaeYeon asked and Jessica smiled because she wanted to figure that out too.

"We own a small food stall I might help my parents with that first then I will look for a job when I get older." Yuri said confid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter