Misunderstandings and Understandings

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Officers’ Gym

“Erggg” Yuri grunted while bench pressing her last rep of the set.

“Come on Yul, your girl won’t like you if your muscles don’t pop out” Taeyeon said.

“Grahhhh!” Yuri grunted in victory after finishing.

“That took you longer than usual to finish” Taeyeon commented, throwing Yuri a towel and easing herself for her turn.

“Sorry” Yuri said.

“What’s up with you lately? You’re not yourself” Taeyeon said, easily bench pressing Yuri’s max.

“I see you’ve been bulking up like crazy. Look, another PR today” Yuri said, poking at Taeyeon’s arm.

“Well” Taeyeon grunted.

“Tiff’s been flying around the world lately so I have nothing to do but come here” Taeyeon said, putting the bar back on the rack.

“Mmm….” Yuri nodded and unconsciously sighed.

“What?” Taeyeon cocked her eyebrow suspiciously.

“Krystal is entering boot camp soon and I don’t know what to do” Yuri admitted.

“Is she seriously in the next recruit class? I thought she was joking when Amber told me” Taeyeon chuckled.

“Unfortunately no. I think she’s just doing it because Amber is” Yuri said.

“I guess love can be motivation too” Taeyeon said.

“You see, the problem is…..never mind” Yuri sighed again.

“What? Yah! You can’t leave me hanging like that” Taeyeon protested.

“Jess is giving me a lot of pressure to basically force Krystal out as soon as possible and when I told her I can only be myself when I’m on the job, she ignored me” Yuri sadly said.

“And then Krystal on the other hand is telling me how excited she is and to tell her more about the military life” Yuri added.

“You’ve got your hands full eh?” Taeyeon snickered.

“I’ve been ignored for over a week now……not one phone call or text….and not to mention…..” Yuri trailed off with a sigh.

“I swear you have nothing in your head but erted thoughts” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“At least you’re not being physically and emotionally deprived!” Yuri retorted.

“I don’t get to see her very often either…..” Taeyeon pouted.

“Aish” both of them sighed.

“I really need to figure out a way to get through this. I can’t have this sister feud continue all the way through boot camp” Yuri said.

“You’re lucky you’re not being deployed yet, just wait until we’re back on the job” Taeyeon said.

“I guess two months training recruits will rack up enough points with the generals to transfer back into special ops” Yuri said.

“It’s way better than being a diplomat” Taeyeon scoffed.

“How’s that going for you?” Yuri asked.

“Paperwork and meetings, that’s all to it” Taeyeon said.

“Two months and we’ll be back to shooting and blowing stuff up” Yuri said.

“Let’s hope it goes by quickly. I’m going to go crazy the next time someone greets me in three different languages” Taeyeon groaned.

“Yeah….hope” Yuri muttered as she followed Taeyeon to the locker room.

***

Private Jet, 40000 feet above ground

“Here’s the last of the contracts”

“I got it, thanks” Tiffany said, not looking up from her laptop.

“You know you should at least acknowledge me” Jessica said from her seat right across from Tiffany.

“I do. I know you’re here. It’s pretty hard to miss” Tiffany replied, still not looking up.

“Very funny. What are you doing anyway? You’re basically done for the week” Jessica said.

“Doing research before the next client comes to the office next week” Tiffany monotonously said.

“Bor-ing!” Jessica snorted.

“You really didn’t have to accompany me to Japan, CEO Jung” Tiffany said.

“But I wanted to” Jessica said.

“I thought you were going to go shopping or something while I was at work but you spent all day on your laptop looking up pictures of Yuri” Tiffany said.

Jessica’s face turned pink.

“I don’t know what you two are up to but avoiding each other is definitely not the solution” Tiffany pointed out.

“Says the girl who hasn’t seen her girlfriend in over two weeks” Jessica retorted.

“I mean, I’m busy but we still keep in close contact; unlike you….” Tiffany trailed off.

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to say. She won’t listen to me” Jessica admitted.

“She’s only trying to do her job. From what I’ve heard, you and your sister are putting her in a very difficult position” Tiffany sighed.

“Krystal is still young. There’s no need for her to be running around the warzone when she could be on her way to grad school” Jessica said.

“Look at it this way. She’s serving her country, which is by the way, a great thing for someone her age. Also, she’s learning a new thing and I’m assuming it’s something she’s interested in” Tiffany explained.

“She could do the same away from war. I just don’t want her getting hurt” Jessica said.

“She’s not you. I overheard her talking to Amber about how she doesn’t want to be you either” Tiffany said.

“Be me? She’s herself” Jessica shook her head.

“A law degree and an MBA? Come on now, we all know the chances of anyone else doing that are close to zero. Face it, she’s different” Tiffany said.

“What if she gets hurt? She was not raised to be a soldier” Jessica firmly said.

Tiffany closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. Her best friend was driving her crazy.

“I’m sure she’ll be in good hands” Tiffany slowly said.

“I’m still mad at Kwon Yuri” Jessica huffed.

“But why? She’s only doing her job. You don’t see me getting mad at Taeyeon over her job” Tiffany reasoned.

“She’s not listening to me….so stubborn” Jessica pouted.

“You two…..I can’t even begin to understand” Tiffany sighed.

“She won’t!” Jessica complained.

“So you’re avoiding Yuri because she won’t listen to you?” Tiffany asked.

“Yes” Jessica sheepishly admitted.

“I seriously cannot believe you two. You’re fighting like kids” Tiffany said.

“Hey” Jessica pouted.

“Save your pouts for someone else. I’ve had enough of your relationship problems already” Tiffany said.

“Oh it wasn’t that bad” Jessica said.

“Really now? You tagged along with me on a business trip to get away from her. Let’s not even mention how bad your company is without you” Tiffany ranted.

“They can take care of themselves, I needed a break” Jessica nonchalantly said.

“Instead of spending it like a break, you stay in bed all day fangirling then drink your pointless misery away at night. And who has to take care of you?” Tiffany glares at Jessica.

Jessica sighed and kept her head down while Tiffany continued her rant.

“Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter