Being Sneaky

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THUMP THUMP THUMP

Taeyeon’s heart was beating fast and she was doing everything she could to slow it down. The footsteps were getting louder, meaning the enemy was approaching.

This is it.

Taeyeon had no choice but to fight back.

They’re soldiers too…..I was……this is going to be hard…..

Before the soldier even got to look around the corner, Taeyeon swung her elbow with full force into the side of his head and swiftly landed another blow to his chest. She could feel the cracking of his rib cage as her fist dug itself into the soldier’s chest. Before his body fell, she launched her knee at the man’s side, just to be sure that he wouldn’t be a threat to her; she had enough trouble to deal with right now. Without hesitation, she pulled the unconscious (or dead) soldier out of plain sight to avoid suspicion.

I don’t have much time before his buddies come looking for him.

She searched the body and found a combat knife in its sheathe as well as the sub machine gun he was holding. She strapped the knife to her thigh and slung the gun around her shoulder before looking back around the corner again. Disabling the man was probably a bad choice because she glanced over her shoulder at the body lying on the ground.

An officer.

She knew she was in for a lot of violence. As an officer herself, Taeyeon understood that if an officer went missing, everyone under that officer would go searching for them. That’s just the way they were taught and trained. The officer is the foundation of the platoon and without someone leading, the platoon would be as ineffective as a group of unarmed civilians. Seems as her intuition was very on point.

I’m cornered.

A small group of soldiers came looking for the previous one. Taeyeon knew it was either do or die. She had to get out of here alive.

I guess I have to kill my own kind. I’m so sorry.

She hesitated once more before reemerging from the corner, gun drawn. Everyone knew Taeyeon was an expert, if not the best in the force, when it came to shooting and it was proven right now. She fired three shots in one breath and the soldiers crumbled to the ground. They weren’t dead, no; Taeyeon still had enough sense to not kill them. Her shots would do enough damage to stall them but not severe enough to be lethal.

She took one last look at the injured soldiers before quickly running past them and slipping away from the scene. Backup was going to arrive soon and Taeyeon knew better than to stick around for a bigger firefight. She never wanted to hurt her fellow soldiers and hurting three of them already brought her enough guilt for the rest of her life.

Her extensive training in stealth and effective movement paid off this time. With the time she bought herself earlier, she’d be able to meet up with Yuri sooner than she thought. She actually expected to engage in a cat and mouse style shootout and had anticipated the worst which is why she let Yuri escape first. Yuri was good at such confrontations but she did everything out of impulse, never really considering backup plans. If they had switched roles and Yuri was the one here, she’d be trapped already because silence was not her expertise.

Years of sniper training changed Taeyeon from a rebellious and impati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter