CEO Confusion

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Open up!” Jessica knocked on the front doors of the Hwang mansion.

She’d spent 15 minutes avoiding the mobs of reporters outside of the main gates and was on the verge of explosion. Couldn’t blame her for her frustration though; the girl had a very rough morning.

The ice princess had woken up to some reporter pounding on the door of her apartment. Normally if it was after sunrise, she wouldn’t have a problem but it was 4 in the morning, basically the crack of dawn. She had just returned from working extreme overtime at the company and planned to get 4-5 hours of sleep before returning to work the same morning.

Thinking it was an emergency of some sort or a potential break in, she skipped her usual sloth ritual of crawling out of bed and leapt up in an instant. Turns out the reporter only wanted to interview her as the new CEO of Jung Corp. After kicking the man out of the apartment complex and swearing that he’d never see the light of day again if he were to return, she checked with various company lawyers and executives to confirm the sudden news.

Apparently, everyone else in the country knew of this before she did. She spent the rest of the morning trying to understand the situation and controlling the storm that the news would soon bring to the company when her best friend suddenly called her.

They were both in the same situation. Jessica instantly grabbed her keys and drove to find Tiffany as fast as her car would go. She needed answers and maybe her friend had them for her.

Jessica heard the shuffling of footsteps behind the door and composed herself. Reporters were probably all over the place and she definitely did not want to be on tomorrow’s tabloid headlines.

“Ms. Jung” a maid opened the door and bowed.

“Where?” Jessica asked, not even bothering to finish her question. The maids here knew her well enough to understand what she was talking about.

“In the office” the maid pointed down the hall.

“Alright, I can go there myself. Can you make sure none of the reporters go near my car?” Jessica asked (demanded).

“Right away, we’ll park it in the garage” the maid said.

“Keys are in the car” Jessica said and briskly walked to find her friend.

 

 

Jessica walked into the office to see something very off about Tiffany. Well two things.

One. Ms. Heiress was in her father’s office for once.

Two. She was reading a folder with Hwang Enterprises’ label on it which could only mean one thing. The infamous partygoer Tiffany Hwang was working.

“Well what do we have here?” Jessica teased the already tense Tiffany.

“Stop. I have no idea what I’m supposed to do but they told me I have to read this before some meeting then some other event and oh my gosh Jess what the heck am I doing?” Tiffany said in one breath.

It took a second for Jessica to process all that.

“Hand it over” Jessica made a hand gesture and Tiffany shoved the file away from herself.

Jessica quickly flipped through the folder, nodding her head at whatever she was reading.

“Just sign the last page. It’s a contract outlining your duties as new CEO of your company. I read through it and it’s fine” Jessica said, giv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter