A Surprise

This is It?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want to see Kim Taeyeon right now”

“You don’t make the rules around here” Yuri said in frustration.

“Fine” Jiyeon leaned back and crossed her arms.

“You’re not making this easy for either of us” Yuri said.

“You heard what I said. You get Kim Taeyeon or else we’ll just sit here and test each others’ patience” Jiyeon smirked.

“Don’t make me-“ Yuri stood up and roared.

“Yul” Taeyeon’s calm voice cut Yuri off mid-sentence.

“Switch places, come in here” Taeyeon said over the mic and switched it off.

“Finally someone who understands” Jiyeon snickered with a sly grin plastered on her face.

“…….” Yuri was getting more angry but decided not to show more of it and promptly returned to the monitoring room.

“She’s just trying to provoke you, don’t fall for it” Taeyeon said, still sitting in her chair.

“I can’t deal with her” Yuri said, massaging her temples.

“It’s okay, you did your best. Just leave it to me” Taeyeon let out a groan as she stretched her back.

“Ugh” Yuri sighed and sat in a chair next to Taeyeon.

“Okay……are you going?” Yuri motioned Taeyeon to go.

“Nah, maybe later. You want lunch?” Taeyeon sat back and smiled.

“What about her?” Yuri pointed at the screen

“If she wants to be smart, she can wait. Come on, I’m starving” Taeyeon stood up and grabbed her keys off the table.

“Heh good idea buddy” Yuri high fived Taeyeon and they left to get lunch.

 

Meanwhile……

“Hello?! Kim Taeyeon where are you?!” Jiyeon yelled, she was getting impatient.

“You better come in here!” she yelled again.

No response came from the monitoring room.

 

***

“Ahhhh” Amber yawned while opening the door to her apartment. Surprisingly everything was quiet.

“Hm……she must be at school” Amber thought to herself and plopped down on the couch.

Suddenly, from seemingly nowhere, a cheerful figure popped up behind the couch.

“BOO!” Krystal jumped on Amber, starling the poor girl

“Awww you’re so heavy!” Amber coughed out, trying to catch her breath from Krystal on top of her.

“How dare you say I’m heavy” Krystal pouted and sat on Amber’s stomach.

“Ugh……sorry……lighter than air okay?” Amber choked out the words.

“Better” Krystal slid off of Amber and helped her sit up.

“Airrrrrrrr” Amber playfully exclaimed.

“Back so soon?” Krystal asked, settling herself right next to Amber on the small couch.

“Yeah, I finished. How about you? No school?” Amber asked.

“I started at 8 so I end early” Krystal explained, pointing to the stack of textbooks on the dining table.

“Looks like a lot of work” Amber turned her head to look at the books.

“Tests all week” Krystal sighed

“I believe in you smartypants” Amber grinned.

Krystal was in college studying business and finance, just like her sister. Her father had already arranged for her to join the company after graduation.

“I don’t want to study yetttttt” Krystal whined

“Do you want to fail like I did?” Amber sternly asked. Amber didn’t really do well in school and after graduating high school, she chose to enlist in the army over going straight into college because she thought she would only be spending money to fail again.

“You didn’t fail, you just had other priorities” Krystal nuzzled her girlfriend.

“Be grateful the learning comes easily to you, idiot” Amber knocked Krystal’s forehead and smiled.

“Bleh~” Krystal stuck her tongue out

“But actually, do well or else” Amber said.

“Or else what?” Krystal cutely asked

“Or else I’ll move away and you won’t be able to see me until you graduate” Amber playfully threatened.

“Well I have the rest of the day off but I have to run an errand later” Amber said, poking Krystal’s cheek.

“So?” Krystal tilted her head a little

“Let’s go out for lunch!” Amber suggested.

“Yah! Didn’t we agree to save money for a bigger apartment?” Krystal pouted and gently slapped Amber’s shoulder

“Don’t worry, I have this meal covered” Amber grinned proudly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter